Combat of South Park

Two things.

1. So the fifth class is Jew after all.

2. Epic beard.

Great stuff so far!

Aye, that jew class was given after they told Cartman was running the LARP. The more I hear about this game the more intrested I get. Would love to see some actual video of the game soon :o

Hate the living, love the dead.

"We don't want this game to be a slot machine of loot"

PRAISE BE TO MATT

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What? The interview seems to be getting flack at some places for his "pale basement virgin" comment. Apparently it was an insult to all their former fans?

Am I just weird that I take no offense and see it just as a small joke/exegarration?

Edited by C2B

What? The interview seems to be getting flack at some places for his "pale basement virgin" comment. Apparently it was an insult to all their former fans?

Am I just weird that I take no offense and see it just as a small joke/exegarration?

People have no sense of humour when it's aimed at them. Sad thing is, these same people are willing to blast everyone else with their "humour".

I take offense at claiming I have a basement! This will not stand!

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I want to be sure I understood it well : is the ability to be more and more powerful the lower in health you are an ability specific to Kyle or is it something any Jew can do?

Also, conversations about the class system could get awkward :lol: .

I understood it was for every Jew/Paladin in the game.

I think it's a reference to the LotR ep when Cartman kept saying Kyle can't be a paladin and instead kept calling him Jew.

Since it sounds like he's starting the LARP session it kinda fits that he'd do that.

Aye, it's definately a reference to that episode.

It makes you seem a little bit insecure if you take offense on that comment, but on the other hand, it really wasn't a good move on Matt's part. Pissing people off is not good PR.

Pissing people off is not good PR.

Yeah.

Then again this IS a South Park RPG. :sorcerer:

People have no sense of humour when it's aimed at them. Sad thing is, these same people are willing to blast everyone else with their "humour".

Already seen several examples. Duckrolls "brain damage" thing was the worst so far though.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the combat style shouldn't be overly simple, they said they were aiming it toward South Park fans and serious RPG fans. Too many times I find that something I like is turned into a game, and the controls make it so a 6 year old could play, with basic attacks and simple magic attacks. It's pretty much attack, magic, item, ect. for options. I'm just hoping with this game, the battle controls are developed for strategical fighting rather than just strength based tactics. I'm looking at this game to be an immense South Park experience but also a complete RPG experience. Must say, expectations are high for me and my friends!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in a group home for the mentally ill.

BTW, do we get extra points whenever Kenny is killed? Does he gain experience points for dying, like characters in Arduin Grimoire? Kenny is expected to die -- I would guess he is immune to normative resurrection spells but arises on his own, in his own time. Of course, I feel as if he should not be immune to healing spells of the normal sort. But Kenny dying and coming back unscathed is just part of South Park.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."