kotor2 update? patch?

I have two options so far. I can download a Kotor2 patch frim lucasarts OR I can update the game from it's own update button. Which do I want? Both even? Any advice please? (Do I have a third option?)

edit: I am running a win 7 64 bit PC if that matters.

Edited by ViperStriker21

Does that 'update' button actually do anything anymore?!? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Pretty sure it doesn't...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Next question is... do you need the patch? I get the impression that it breaks more than it fixes unless you have one of the few specific problems listed in the readme.

Little or no content/game bugs were fixed if I remember correctly. The higher resolution movie update (released unofficially and sponsored by third party file hosting) was the only semi-official worthwhile download. Modders did a better job of supporting it than LA.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, it's good for intel chipset users.

And fixes the floating Swoop Race issue.

But yeah, TSLRCM does a whole lot more fixing (including the big gamebreaking issue 1.0b added).

^

(i know this place is not for the original kotor but please let me ask anyway: )

In kotor 2 i know there was a broken quest or two that i am hoping would be fixed.

And for both 1 & 2 is there a new graphics option? I think I saw that kotor 1 had a new res available. Can I get a decent widescreen option for both?

ty!

Nope. Not with the official patch atleast. TSLRCM however does fix many questbugs and more.

And once again, nope. No official widescreen.

^

I only just figured out what TSL stands for. Whats TSLRCM?

All i want right now is a simple-to-use patch or update that I can use and then get on to the groovy game. As it stands I find that everything goes black after entering game. If I alt+tab and then reopen the windows things re-appear but this is not the best solution. It coud be a sign of a deeper problem for later.

About widescreen... Is there something I can do to bring in the sides of the screen so that I have the right scales or display but with blacked-out areas at the sides? (I bet there is a cool name for doing that but I dont know it :lol:

ty!

The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification.

It's a mod that restores some content cut in production. I haven't played it myself, but I should get around to it someday.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As it stands I find that everything goes black after entering game. If I alt+tab and then reopen the windows things re-appear but this is not the best solution. It coud be a sign of a deeper problem for later.

Nope, that's pretty much KOTOR 2 on a Windows 7 PC. I got the same.

^

It happens every time you start the game, and after each movie.

As such disabling movies can help yes, but I rather see it and do a quick ctrl+alt and back than miss them.

^

It happens every time you start the game, and after each movie.

As such disabling movies can help yes, but I rather see it and do a quick ctrl+alt and back than miss them.

Suspect securom, since the "black screen freeze" issue used to be paired with no-disc patches. Of course since it's you guys, I'm gonna assume win7 just broke compatibility ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, good point.

Suspect securom, since the "black screen freeze" issue used to be paired with no-disc patches. Of course since it's you guys, I'm gonna assume win7 just broke compatibility o:)

Iirc it didn't like being alt-tabbed away from, like some other games, and Windows 7 actually improved it in a way. Still, to screen-switching is annoying, more so then the game freezing when alt-tabbing away from it. But I suppose you are trying to say Windows 7 broke Securom? Can you play it without physical disk now?

Edited by MalaksBane

• 3 weeks later...