Piracy

Rosbjerg

Funny how DRMs can become an argument for piracy, If you buy a product you should be able to enjoy it without any extra hassle and with full support from the companies

It's a sad day when you buy a boxset of your favorite series and have to return it just because they screwed up the disks.

Also, to try and install Beyond Good & Evil on Windows7 and have it fail due to the DRM. Ugh...

Any workarounds are welcome... :/

Sure, buy it on GoG.

Otherwise, if it's a third party DRM (like Starforce), I've heard there may be some tricks on the support pages of the DRM software for Vista/7 issues.

Buying a game I have AGAIN just to play it... not really a fan of promoting that...

Not sure. It's some kind of UbiSoft own-made stuff apparently (from what I gathered)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ubi didn't make their own DRM prior to Uplay (and even then they tended to bung Tages on for good measure). They used Safedisc then Starforce then SecuROM then Tages (pretty sure it's an old gen1/ 32bit Tages on BG&E), then Tages and Uplay. And at various times, no DRM at all, not even a disc check.

I've said it before, but I will never ever understand what Ubisoft intends with their DRM schemes. It's a perfect storm of alternating obnoxious heavyhandedness and poorly explained and dreadfully underpublicised lighthandedness. And their record for fixing old broken DRM is utterly abysmal.