KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire

I guess these are the two heavyweights of RGPs on the horizon not including Fable. Which one do you think will be better?

Personally i dont like all that marial arts/chinese mythology themes. Plus KOTOR 2 will make more sales as its for PC and Xbox while JE is only XBOX

Why the sudden rise of animosity toward AD&D?

Besides, KotOR doesn't use AD&D. It uses d20 (as will, presumably, KotOR2), kthxbai~ {/nitpick}

I don't mind Chinese mythology, but such things in an English (as in the language, not the nationality) material always make me giggle, since they'd almost always mispronounce the names and/or translate it into some very silly-sounding English. (So sue me; I'm a Chinese native.)

Jade Empire sounds interesting but there's no way I'll play it if it's an Xbox exclusive. I have nothing against the Xbox, I just have no intention of buying one.

A future PC release is not entirely out of the question, though, since Halo - which was also supposed to be exclusive - was eventually ported to the PC.

Why do comments like "I've nothing against an XBox I just don't intend to buy one" always seem iffy.. *Shrugs* Sorry, nothing personal I just get a crap load of similar comments for being an XBox owner.

I don't hate AD&D it's just there has to be much more scope for RPG material than Elves and Dwarfs. For the record Halo was never "Exclusive to XBox only" it was "Exclusive for a certain period". Bioware have already said they are considering a PC Version of Jade Empire. But they also have at least one PC RPG in the pipeline already so that will probably come first.

I don't hate AD&D it's just there has to be much more scope for RPG material than Elves and Dwarfs.

The thing with AD&D is that it has settings that are WAY more interesting than Grayhawk and Forgotten Realms but publishers won't go for that since it isn't familiar territory for them, wich equals bad sales in their minds. They may be right but I'd love to see the Scarred Lands(don't remember if this really is DnD) ,Dark Sun and Planescape but since they are no longer officially supported by WOtC the chaces are pretty slim.

The only setting that might have a realistic chance of being translated into a CRPG is Eberron but I guess that it depends on what degree of success it gets among the PnP crowd... <Rant Off> :p

Why do comments like "I've nothing against an XBox I just don't intend to buy one" always seem iffy.. *Shrugs* Sorry, nothing personal I just get a crap load of similar comments for being an XBox owner.

Eh. I really have no intention of bashing XBox. It's just there aren't any XBox-exclusive game that I absolutely must get my hand on, so...

Why do comments like "I've nothing against an XBox I just don't intend to buy one" always seem iffy..

I'm not sure why that seems iffy. I just don't intend to buy an Xbox, in much the same way as I don't own a PS2. I had pretty much decided to skip this generation of consoles. I did, however, pick up a Gamecube because it was dirt cheap and had the Resident Evil series. hehe, that was exclusive to the Cube for a while.

For the record Halo was never "Exclusive to XBox only" it was "Exclusive for a certain period".

Maybe so, but when Microsoft acquired Bungie they made Halo an Xbox exclusive and were very non-committal about a PC version. We all knew it would arrive on PC eventually but to all intents and purposes it was an exclusive. Anyone who wanted the game bought an Xbox or did without. After the "certain period" you speak of people had lost all interest in PC Halo.

Eh. I really have no intention of bashing XBox. It's just there aren't any XBox-exclusive game that I absolutely must get my hand on, so...

Like I said, nothing personal. I just get easily irked when it comes to this subject. I've spend a lot of time around the Ion Storm forums, where all the evils of the world are blamed on the XBox. Sorry for any offense.

As for Halo, well it didn't help matter than the PC version really wasn't that special. My point was really that just because a game is "Exclusive" to one platform doesn't mean a different version is certain to never appear. Personally I'm not too bothered about Jade Empire being a XBox "Exclusive" as it appears to be more Console-centric than KoTOR was. There is a Bioware PC product in the works and that'll be a decent PC RPG I'm sure.

Re the AD&D issue. I enjoy Forgotten Realms games, but as Berserk said there are plenty of other settings that would be ripe for CRPGs and have never been touched. Right now I'd rather see an entirely new setting than another AD&D RPG even if it was fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Jade Empire does look awsome! Personally though I'm more excited about Fable and Sudeki because they will be released in a few months. Those two games should fill the gap between the summer and Jade's supposed release in the fall.

Cheers!

Jade Empire sounds interesting but there's no way I'll play it if it's an Xbox exclusive. I have nothing against the Xbox, I just have no intention of buying one.

A future PC release is not entirely out of the question, though, since Halo - which was also supposed to be exclusive - was eventually ported to the PC.

WRONG!!! If you were following it from the beginning, before Billy boy bought out Bungie, Halo was being developed primarily for PC; NOT for Xbox. However good ole Billy stepped in, paid Bungie a hefty sum of money to delay it's release to PC and make it a temorary Billy Gates Box exclusive....Hence all the confusion as to it's true origins. :lol: Good ole Billy being the monopolizing entrepeneur he is, foresaw that his hold on the PC industry is slipping, and decided to muscle his way into the console industry before his company became yesterday's news. :angry:

Which is why I said this in reply to CrashT...

Maybe so, but when Microsoft acquired Bungie they made Halo an Xbox exclusive and were very non-committal about a PC version. We all knew it would arrive on PC eventually but to all intents and purposes it was an exclusive. Anyone who wanted the game bought an Xbox or did without. After the "certain period" you speak of people had lost all interest in PC Halo.

Meh. Jade Empire looks cool, but I'm not going to go out and buy an X-Box for it. I guess it's because I'm one of those people who were born and raised on a Nintendo system. *shrug* If it came out for PC or Gamecube, I'd buy it for sure.

Meh. Jade Empire looks cool, but I'm not going to go out and buy an X-Box for it. I guess it's because I'm one of those people who were born and raised on a Nintendo system. *shrug* If it came out for PC or Gamecube, I'd buy it for sure.

I commend you. Sadly, it looks like Nintendo just might go the way of Sega, even though that company has more heart and pedigree than Sony and Microsoft combined. :lol:

Maybe, but I don't think it will just yet...After all, it does seem to get a lot of money off of the Gameboy sales, after all, they kind of are the only handheld console company right now.

**breaks down and cries like a baby**

Yes, but that's exactly the problem. Sony is supposed to showcase the PSP (Play Station Portable) at E3 this year....which is supposed to have better GFX (equivalent to a PSX) and eventually all of Sony's old PSX titles, as well as new ones. I fear for Nintendo in the next few years. If they don't make some serious innovations with their next console (if they haven't already lost too much ground), than I fear it will be the end. ;)

JT :ph34r: