Yeah Issac Hayes had absolutely no problem making fun of Christian Jews Muslims Mormons Cripples Retards Gays Celebrities Politicians... But Lord Xeno forbid someone saying anything negative about Scientology. LMAO What a stupid hypocrite. Who knew Shaft was so thin skinned. :)

I thought he just sang the song, pretty sure Shaft was Roundtree.

Hayes was

though...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I heard in the interview here, that they started pitching/developing the game when things with New Vegas were wrapping up. So that must mean the end of 2010, meaning they've been working on it since then. Now I truly believe it's completely possible to have the game out by late 2012, hopefully by Christmas ans it still be a great game. *Fun Fact* Some RPGs take 5-10 years to be produced, some turn out great, some not so much. Some take a couple years and turn out great. I know many people think the game won't make that deadline or if it does it won't be good, I disagree completely. What do you guys think? >_<

Edited by RichardV1150

I would really like to hear what RPGs take 5-10 years to develop that are not MMORPG. Only one that comes to mind is Dragon Age: Origins and that project was rebooted more than twice and changed engine. Granted, 2 years is not a lot, but I suppose the development schedule for a title that is completely 2d and has a Paper Mario-like combat system would be different than a 3d title with more complex mechanics and more exploration.

There are more than that, but in nearly all cases that includes years of preproduction where it's just <10 people working on it or something.

2 years is pretty standard for an Obsidian title, and I think with DS3 and this on Onyx they can prove they are overcoming the whole problem with unfinished content.

What's the producer class like?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just read through this entire 20-something paged forum thread, and I must say, good arguments. The one thing that shows up most, or at least gets the most rage, is the idea or a South Park game being a sellout, money-grabbing, selfish decision. People here often overlook that the licensers [Matt and Trey] came to Obsidian, and they pitched the idea. Now that would look like a sellout Jew of a person to go and do that. But surely Matt and Trey would need more money after producing a big time successful Broadway musical and a great 15th Season of an amazing show, yeah, I guess they aren't rich enough and are sucking the last of their talent out. And as far as some of you are concerned Obsidian must be doing the same.

I say nay, M&T aren't interested in money, so that only leaves one other option, they want to make a great game. Obsidian isn't losing its reputation by doing this, if anything it's amplifying it, growing and expanding the reach for gamers and fans everywhere. Why are so many people making this out to be such a gloomy move by both parties? I'm a huge fan of South Park and I've played Obsidian's games before, so I trust in SP to make Obs to look good and vice versa. I just hope people can give this game a chance before shouting it down. There! That's just my 2 cents. ;)

OMG! I just thought of something, this game better be uncensored, I know it's rated M but it better not censor the F word cause it "adds to the feeling of the show". I just hope for their sake it keeps to that, kids dying and not uncensored is a big turnoff for me. Can anyone check on this?

Product features on Amazon's product page

- Epic South Park Adventure: Jump into the world of South Park like you never have before with a game directly from the show's creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone

- Signature South Park Combat: Team up with the South Park boys and other notable characters from the South Park universe to battle the forces evil

- You are the Hero: Create a character in your image and choose how to lead the South Park boys to victory

- Eric 'Not-fat-just-big-boned' Cartman will act as the player's guide and provide a choice of five classes to pick from: Adventurer, Rogue, Paladan, Wizard, and an undisclosed fifth class "made up" by Cartman.

- Players will assume the role of a new kid in South Park attempting to fit in and be accepted by others. The game opens with the new kid taking part in a live action role-playing game that quickly snowballs into a real quest

- The character will be fully customisable and has a smartphone used to track friends and standing with the town's various factions.

- The main character will be a silent protagonist, a choice made based on Parker's preferences.

As a South Park megafan, this game looks awesome and I have no doubt that you guys at Obsidian will make the game ultra awesome. I heard that many kids from the show will be possible additions to your party in the game. So far, I would imply Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Butters, Wendy, Craig, Clyde, Token, Timmy, Tweek, Scott Malkinson, Ike, and Dougie will all be possible friends. I am a huge fan of the more minor characters on South Park. Anyway I wonder if anyone could confirm or deny the presence any of the following characters pictured below in this game:

2770790752_1.gif

2-436.pngRebecca.pngStoleyoffsthestage.JPGBradley.pngAnnie_Polk.pngLola.pngHeidi_Probably.pngMillie.png

Esther.png

Sorry about all of the photos, I'm just wondering if any of the guys pictured are in the game. Thank you in advance. There are more kids I would like to know the status of, but I cannot post them now as it would go over the 10 image limit.

Edited by nwt000

I doubt Obsidian can confirm or deny using any particular characters at this point in development... But since Matt and Trey voices so much of the South Park cast, and that they are in charge of the story, I have a hard time believing they wouldn't put nearly every damn character that's appeared in the series in there. Whether as "important" characters or just side-appearances.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

LOL that would be funny. I'm sure Lu Kim will be in there somewhere, they were already talking about a quest that had to do with chicken in it! We'll definitely be getting fun quest to do from people like Mr. Mackey, Jimbo and Ned, Randy and tons of other favorite characters, not to mention Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Eric. Also it looks like the story is centered around aliens, or maybe that's one scene. Along with that theirs some Christmas town stuff, I wouldn't put it past them to add in places like North Park, Greeley, Adams County and Mt. Evenston. This game could have a really big world map, kind of like the Legend Zelda a Link to the Past games, which even if they seem small to some you revisit a place and find a whole new area in it, or kind of like FF7. I don't mention recent games because I'm not a huge fan of today's side-scrollering RPGs. I think this game has huge momentum now, after all the potential it had to begin with. :shifty::(

I don't believe their is a better way to capture the spirit of South Park other than an RPG, you can't have as much humor in other games. I mean games like Skyrim get one joke and it goes super viral, "God I hate that joke though.". My point here is that, I've been hearing some haters think you can't be funny with a game and a show like SP.

There's only a couple of things bothering me right now, one, I have to wait till 2013 to play the game, why, because it comes out DECEMBER 31 2012, yeah, second half of 2012 my ass, but whatevers. Secondly, and sadly, I'm like crack for details on this game, it's making me sick :p! All I'm saying is, GIVE ME SOME INFO so I can nomnomnom on it. I already have to wait till March for Season 16 of SP to come out. Between Work, School, Sleep and life in general, South Park is all I got. A few more screenshot with some early HUDs would suffice, another interview would be stellar, and of course, a trailer would be like the Christmas present I never got! Anyway, to Obsidian, keep up the good work! Happy new year to everyone in the forum, forgot to do that a while back!

I really wonder how they will handle dialogues. We know that we'll have a silent protagonist (great choice if you ask me), but I hope they'll provide plenty of dialogue options/branching ala classic RPGs. I think that would be one great way of tackling the humor of South Park in gameform as well, giving the player funny dialogue options. Just the option to jabber with Cartman if you choose the Jew class could lead to a lot of funny stuff if the player can "drive" some of the dialogue for example. :shifty:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0