the more we hear o' this, the more it sounds like a vanity project. the south park guys like video games and they thinks it would be kewl to makes a south park crpg. sure, south park is hardly having a natural setting for a crpg, the 2d pov is necessarily limiting, and there is no built-in rules mechanic to facilitate the development o' a combat system for a cartoon that didn't deal with combat save as sight gag shtick, but at least bioware isn't making it, right?

*snort*

am 100% in favor o' folks trying new and original, but this don't seem original so much as it just seems... stoopid.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It wont be stupid if it makes money. And I wont care if its stupid or made money if I love it.

But its several things I like mixed together, so I am very interested. If its poo I wont lose any sleep over it, if its awesome then I will have fun. I guess we shall know in 12 months or less.

Fire And Blood

It wont be stupid if it makes money. And I wont care if its stupid or made money if I love it.

But its several things I like mixed together, so I am very interested.

things Gromnir likes:

cheescake

james joyce

gershwin tunes

rugby

we has no urge to combine any o' the aforementioned.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

But its several things I like mixed together, so I am very interested.

things Gromnir likes:

cheescake

james joyce

gershwin tunes

rugby

we has no urge to combine any o' the aforementioned.

HA! Good Fun!

No need to thank me.

Things Gromnir Likes.

Fire And Blood

am 100% in favor o' folks trying new and original, but this don't seem original so much as it just seems... stoopid.

It definitely sounds strange; and while I'm not sure its a vanity project the interview I read with the SP creators did sound a lot like "We like video games and wanted to do an RPG" kind of thing.

That said, it could be fun. Could also be a big mess. I'm hoping for fun though (and I say that as someone who has never watched an episode of South Park).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It definitely sounds strange; and while I'm not sure its a vanity project the interview I read with the SP creators did sound a lot like "We like video games and wanted to do an RPG" kind of thing.

That said, it could be fun. Could also be a big mess. I'm hoping for fun though (and I say that as someone who has never watched an episode of South Park).

Well, now is as good a time as any to check it out.

Whats cool about SP is that they actually put all the episodes online for free(with commercials).

Here is a classic Christmas episode to put you in the holiday mood. lol

Woodland Critter Christmas

Fire And Blood

Nah, very unlikely. Chef died, he will never return. :>

/Edit: I thought it was funny how they made him die in a way that he is absolutely dead and will not return.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

New GameInformer video.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/arc...k-the-game.aspx

So apparently the team size will be 50-55, still missing few staff members (as can be seen from the Jobs section). And that would leave about 60-70 people for North Carolina (and possibly Virginia).

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

New GameInformer video.

So apparently the team size will be 50-55, still missing few staff members (as can be seen from the Jobs section). And that would leave about 60-70 people for North Carolina (and possibly Virginia).

55 is a good sized group for a 2d side scrolling rpg, thats being written by outside writers and doesnt have to make the majority of the art assets from scratch.

Then again Im not sure how 50+ people really means in a game. And we dont know how long they have been working on it.

So, what do I know. lol

Fire And Blood

New GameInformer video.

55 is a good sized group for a 2d side scrolling rpg, thats being written by outside writers and doesnt have to make the majority of the art assets from scratch.

Then again Im not sure how 50+ people really means in a game. And we dont know how long they have been working on it.

So, what do I know. lol

Its around the normal size of a Obsidian game. F:NV for example had like a little more than 60 on it at Obsidian overall (I atleast think so from last checking the credits)

Edited by C2B

That game sounds like the hardest they've done so far, and the most 'unique' too. Also, long time no see, Mr Parker.

I dont know if its the hardest game they have attempted, but it does sound like the most unique. Its very interesting.

Fire And Blood

New GameInformer video.

So, what do I know. lol

Its around the normal size of a Obsidian game. F:NV for example had like a little more than 60 on it at Obsidian overall (I atleast think so from last checking the credits)

Really, NV had a team of 60? For how long?

Fire And Blood

Nah, very unlikely. Chef died, he will never return. :>

/Edit: I thought it was funny how they made him die in a way that he is absolutely dead and will not return.

Blame Issac Hayes... he A) quit doing the voice because of scientology episodes and B) died.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah Issac Hayes had absolutely no problem making fun of Christian Jews Muslims Mormons Cripples Retards Gays Celebrities Politicians... But Lord Xeno forbid someone saying anything negative about Scientology. LMAO What a stupid hypocrite. Who knew Shaft was so thin skinned. :lol:

Edited by THUORN

Fire And Blood

Game Informer expanded their exclusive coverage of SP:RPG earlier this week, with info on combat and factions.

(ive really become a fan of game informer exclusives that they create "hubs" for, their Skyrim coverage early this year was great... here is the link to the SP:RPG hub page http://www.gameinformer.com/p/southpark.aspx)

Combat

Factions

Classes: Fighter Mage Thief Cleric and... Jew. LOL

The combat seems to be paper mario(timed inputs) with a dash of final fantasy 7. Im guessing the FF7 dash, is summoning.

Tons of child violence.(the exact opposite of modern Fallout & Elder Scrolls)

Super Bosses, like the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in FF7. (COOL!!!)

Unskippable long cut-scenes... on purpose. lol

All this SP nonsense sounds so freaking awesome. I am very excited to play this offensive, child abusing, inappropriate game.

Fire And Blood

Yeah Issac Hayes had absolutely no problem making fun of Christian Jews Muslims Mormons Cripples Retards Gays Celebrities Politicians... But Lord Xeno forbid someone saying anything negative about Scientology. LMAO What a stupid hypocrite. Who knew Shaft was so thin skinned. :ermm:

I thought he just sang the song, pretty sure Shaft was Roundtree.

Yeah Issac Hayes had absolutely no problem making fun of Christian Jews Muslims Mormons Cripples Retards Gays Celebrities Politicians... But Lord Xeno forbid someone saying anything negative about Scientology. LMAO What a stupid hypocrite. Who knew Shaft was so thin skinned. :ermm:

I thought he just sang the song, pretty sure Shaft was Roundtree.

Yup... I got carried away. lol

What pissed Isaac Hayes, Tom Cruise and all of Scientology off.

How South Park responded to Isaac Hayes leaving the show.

What I found funny is that the commercial thats playing right now is Mission Impossible 3. LMAO!

Edited by THUORN

Fire And Blood