http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/sh...p;postcount=139

I have never laughed so hard as I did when I saw this pitch. It was literally the best demo I ever saw in my 10 years at THQ. Now I just hope THQ survives long enough to get this out because it's golden.

Oh, and the combat was spectacular.

Have no idea who or how credible that guy is.

Edited by C2B

That makes me wish we could get more behind-the-scenes stuff that includes the pitch. The Planescape document was quite a thing to read.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That makes me wish we could get more behind-the-scenes stuff that includes the pitch. The Planescape document was quite a thing to read.

Hmh, what Planescape document?

http://www.rpgwatch.com/files/Files/00-020...tement_1997.pdf

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about it i've been playing Eric Cartman in rpg's for quite a few years now.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm less than thrilled by this idea since I think South Park is just a dumb and trashy cartoon disguised as a satyre. Besides, Obsidian's strenght comes from their writing team but it's the SP creators who will write the scenario. At least, Obs will get some good money to fund a better project out of this.

Like people said above, my expectations, for once, aren't high.

Edited by Auxilius

You know, I find it sort of hurtful that people throw this idea under the bus and don't give two ****s how it turns out. That's mean, now I know not everybody is looking forward to this game and may not even like SP, but that doesn't give you the right to insult it. This is a game I am really looking forward to because I'm a huge fan of both RPGs and SP. You don't see me going about calling today's RPGs cliche garbage that's has been done so many times over and over it's pathetic and that the game writers should try for five seconds to think of something original and out of this world, no I don't do that, because they really aren't that bad and most of the stories are really cool. All I'm saying is even if you don't like SP, respect the role-playing aspect of the game, don't shoot down fans of the game.

Edited by Gorth
Language

After the initial "meh" feeling, I'm actually starting to get quite interested in this. It also helps that there's hardly any competition in the stale gaming market right now (Risen 2 and XCOM:EU being the only other games worth looking forward to in the horizon).

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I'm less than thrilled by this idea since I think South Park is just a dumb and trashy cartoon disguised as a satyre. Besides, Obsidian's strenght comes from their writing team but it's the SP creators who will write the scenario. At least, Obs will get some good money to fund a better project out of this.

Like people said above, my expectations, for once, aren't high.

I cant wait till the game comes out either!!!

I hope we dont have to wait till summer to get some more updates.

Fire And Blood

I hope you guys over there at Obsidian understand what is a stake here.

Failing to make this game anything less than awesome would be to your great detriment. As a lifetime south park fan who literally watches it every day

even as im going to bed and an avid mmo/rpg (oblivion/wow/fallout/rift) gamer. I will be watching this (very) closely and should this fail to be anything but a true south park game loyal to its fanbase you can rest assured i will never pay for another thing Obsidian produces, be it SWTOR fallout or whatever.

I am aware of the collaboration between yourselves and Matt and Trey so listen to them, dont make gay 3d dragons and useless filler quests that dont belong in the lore of southpark. I could go on for a while but i have games to play and cheesy poofs to munch on.

So please take your time and do this right i would rather wait 5yrs and get a real game than wait 1yr and get a bargain bin game that has multple pre-owned copies on the shelf.

P.S. I also dont think im the only one that feels this way, majority of ppl i play games with love south park just as much if not more than i do and im sure would have no problem boycotting your company should you F$ this up.

Good luck

I am aware of the collaboration between yourselves and Matt and Trey so listen to them, dont make gay 3d dragons and useless filler quests that dont belong in the lore of southpark. I could go on for a while but i have games to play and cheesy poofs to munch on.

You may have misunderstood that article. Those were pitches sent to Matt & Trey to see what they want in the game. They were EXACTLY made for Matt and Trey to provide feedback.

Especially regarding Quest Design you shouldn't worry to much with Obsidian behind it.

Instead of an approval system, with factions and npc's, should there be an authoriteh system?

Will Kenny's subtitles still be muffled?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Instead of an approval system, with factions and npc's, should there be an authoriteh system?

Will Kenny's subtitles still be muffled?

Kenny is a Malkavian.

he'll get in arguments with stop signs?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...