I'm just going off what I've heard from people who have worked on product with them in the past. I genuinely hope that Obsidian find it smooth sailing.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Warhammer wouldn't suck if they did it Total War style. Huge armies, tactics and strategy. You get a really crappy mutation of FPS and RTS instead. I do think it would make a bad RPG though. Warhammer is about the armies and the units.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It'd be the first game where sparing an orphan will get you negative karma.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Think about it: To stay true to the WH lore, there'd be no love, emotions, and....romances in it! The horror!

A lot Wh40k books have such things. It's not really deep and stuff, but I blame it on the audience who doesn't want to read this. Saying that it doesn't exist in the world / setting is wrong, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Think about it: To stay true to the WH lore, there'd be no love, emotions, and....romances in it! The horror!

A lot Wh40k books have such things. It's not really deep and stuff, but I blame it on the audience who doesn't want to read this. Saying that it doesn't exist in the world / setting is wrong, though.

Avellone may cartwheel at the thought of having an excuse to not do romances. ;)

I would buy that for a predetermined amount of sterling converted dollars.

The possibilities inherent in the vast universe of the 40k lore does seem to be crying out for a decent rpg, relic almost always rely on the tired "foil the risen deamon prince" plot and i'd much rather explore the nature of the warp, the terrifying emptiness of the necron tainted pariahs and the casual horror that is life on the front lines of the emperors hammer.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The possibilities inherent in the vast universe of the 40k lore does seem to be crying out for a decent rpg, relic almost always rely on the tired "foil the risen deamon prince" plot and i'd much rather explore the nature of the warp, the terrifying emptiness of the necron tainted pariahs and the casual horror that is life on the front lines of the emperors hammer.

800px-CodecLoveBloom.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

800px-CodecLoveBloom.jpg

;)

Hello, Dark Heresy. Horror, investigation and sobbing half mad in a corner in the Grim Darkness of the far future.

That, and Rogue Trader. Plenty of potential there...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

meh

Though, I think financially it's a good move for them.

well heck, the south park movie did (shockingly?) pretty good, but this ain't a movie. maybe the movie ain't the best barometer? anybody got another example o' south park media that has done good? we know creator's o' south park has been involved in some serious bombs when they has tried to stretch beyond their tv series appeal. baseketball? team america: world police? is not as if having the creators help is actual... help.

dunno. makes sense if somebody offered obsidian a barrel full o' money. after alpha protocol and ds3, am wondering if obsidian actual cares 'bout their reputation? money grab makes sense.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Total War: 40K could be soooooo good.

after reading that info about this south park game though, im tentatively excited, it could be good in the way that paper mario games, or breath of death VII are good. ie: cute, fairly fun to play for a while, not a lot of meat.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I believe Team America: World Police was actually pretty successful. Good reviews and decent revenue on a film that was probably fairly inexpensive to put on screen. Heck, it was an R-rated puppet movie, it did amazing given that hurdle.

BASEketball (which they didn't write or direct) and Orgazmo are a bit of cult classics at this point.

They also have a very successful musical, The Book of Mormon, that they collaborated on.

None of this really spells video game success, but it does show some range.

Not true. Khorne loves blood and skulls. More religious Sigmar/Emperor loving zealots than you can shake a tentacle at and ritual virgin sacrifices are is fine art that people are very passionate about.

As for romances, I'm sure the tragic love story of Jaq Draco and Meh'lindi would qualify. In it's own quirky WH40K way ;)

THQ have been sitting on those licenses for so long without doing anything but bad shooters and mediocre RTS games. The P&P roleplaying systems have been around for like what, two decades now and never seen a video game?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As for romances, I'm sure the tragic love story of Jaq Draco and Meh'lindi would qualify. In it's own quirky WH40K way ;)

Good God, not that! ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra