How the hell do you make a game out of it though. It sounds as doomed to fail as Driving Miss Daisy for Wii

:)

@Jackalmonkey - I'm definitely hoping it'll be lucrative for the team, that's for sure! ... if they end up having a demo, I'll even try it. Still doubt it'll be my personal "thing", even if it wins 100 GoTY awards, but I don't begrudge them going for a popular culture IP.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Snobs on snobs, deep.

I'm sure Jack Handey would have something Thoughtful to say . :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Why is that a "shame"? Obsidian maybe doesn't really want to work on these huge huge blockbuster franchises, or at least not all the time. At least they keep their portfolio diverse, unlike Bioware, which has just deteriorated into a ME/DA factory. "

This is cute. BIO's 'portfolio' ios a lot more varied than Obsidian's. It's not even close. Have you forgotten MDK2? SS? S:RPG? That new 'war' game that's being made using BIO's name?

Meanwhile, Obsidian - sans one game - has basically spammed sequels to others' hits or use IPs created by others. At least DA and ME were BIO creations.

Come yalk to me Obsidiann datres to make a TB game (maybe SP will be it *crosses fingers*).

SP is a 'blockbuster' IP. Anyone who claims otherwise is foolish. Now, will SP translate successfully into a game (RPG or otherwise) is a whole'nother story that we'll have to wait and find out about.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This is cute. BIO's 'portfolio' ios a lot more varied than Obsidian's. It's not even close. Have you forgotten MDK2? SS? S:RPG? That new 'war' game that's being made using BIO's name?

Bio exists longer than Obsidian. Let's see what Bio has released since 2004: Jade Empire, ME, ME2, DA, DA2, some ME/DA social crap. That new war game is likely a C&C reboot. It's like they don't even try to diversify their portfolio anymore. Bio has become too fixated on their core IPs. Not that I blame them on it, it's just nice to see that Obsidian chooses to have a broader latitude of franchises to work with.

SP is a 'blockbuster' IP.

It's maybe popular among some age groups and whatnot, but that hardly makes it blockbuster a'la Star Wars or Avatar. I doubt THQ would grand Obsidian a $100 million budget for something that could easily get ignored by the masses.

"Bio exists longer than Obsidian. Let's see what Bio has released since 2004: Jade Empire, ME, ME2, DA, DA2, some ME/DA social crap. That new war game is likely a C&C reboot. It's like they don't even try to diversify their portfolio anymore. Bio has become too fixated on their core IPs. Not that I blame them on it, it's just nice to see that Obsidian chooses to have a broader latitude of franchises to work with."

Sonic:RPG, various facebooks games include turn based ones.

They're alot more diversief than Obsidian surely is.

And,s top whioning about how much longer bIO has been around. That's a poor excuse and is totally irrelevant. Bottom line is BIO's portofolio is a lot more diverse than Obsidian's is both post and pre 2004. Obsidian doesn't have a broader anything. Then again, you show your ignorance and bias when you conviently forget S:RPG. Not to mention, BIO has 3 self created IPs in JE, DA, and ME since 2004 while Obsidian has one. ONE. *ONE*

Now, who is more diverse? LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nice to see obsidian trying to corner the pottymouth market.

Waiting for a deer hunting game next, crossbows and black powder rifles. Or maybe Big Bass Fishing Adventure.

Well, as long as it makes them money, I guess. Everybody needs to stay in business.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The way people are overreacting to this is hilarious.

I'm going to buy 5 copies.

Aye, 1st world problems. "MAH FAVOURITE COMPANY IS MAKING A GAME BASED ON A LICENCE I DON'T LIKE I'M GONNA LEAVE THEIR FORUMS, I WILL, HONEST!!11"

People only know the title and they are going pretty much berserk, this alone is funnier than most games released each year.

Hate the living, love the dead.

If you're on the internet and you're not overreacting, then you're using it wrong.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just hope they make a fantastic game that blows away everyone and ends up being game of the year and secures enough money to fund half a dozen more obsidian projects.

i mean, i can't imagine how a south park rpg could really work. but if this ends up being better than baldurs gate 2, i think most people would be pretty happy, so lets all just be supportive.

/hilarious naivete

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

secures enough money to fund half a dozen more obsidian projects.

I'm hoping for a Jersey Shore adventure rpg, maybe with some hacking and turrets.

Aye, 1st world problems. "MAH FAVOURITE COMPANY IS MAKING A GAME BASED ON A LICENCE I DON'T LIKE I'M GONNA LEAVE THEIR FORUMS, I WILL, HONEST!!11"

People only know the title and they are going pretty much berserk, this alone is funnier than most games released each year.

Obsidian has made a clear choice to associate their brand with South Park.

Can't says it is a decision I respect.

I'm actually looking forward to it. 2D stylized RPG, c'mon. how many of these from major studios do we get? South Park, Simpsons, whatever. you must've forgotten all those licensed NES games, based on god knows what, they were still good. (Duck Tales anyone? Chip & Dale?)

oh and DARKWING DUCK!

edit: actually, is this the 2D game we've been hearing about?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Lol..we are spoiled beyond belief. In this day and age, people should be thankful a company like Obsidian even exists to entertain our brief little lives.

Ah forget it...

**** SOUTH PARK!! **** OBSIDIAN!! **** YOU!!

OTOH, I'm just as amused by the position that Obsidian wanted to start out with Star Wars and Forgotten Realms and then progress onto South Park. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

OTOH, I'm just as amused by the position that Obsidian wanted to start out with Star Wars and Forgotten Realms and then progress onto South Park. ;)

True true, though South Park is better known as an IP than Forgotten Realms.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yes, but that doesn't mean anyone would want South Park the game. I'm sure there is a Simpsons game out there somewhere, has anyone ever played that ?

There are at least 3, Hit and Run (GTA clone) was successful IIRC.

There are several South Park games already. All for consoles, so I haven't played them though.

Also, if SP is a "small IP" (15 seasons is small now, what the hell) WHAT would consitute a big IP? I hear Avatar, but damn, that's just 1(!) movie. With a crap game. Hardly a big IP. Star Wars sure. But you remember how much LA butchered KOTOR2 right?

So, give me a so called bigger IP...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee