Even if it's a good RPG, it's hard to be interested in a game when the source material doesn't interest you at all...and as I mentioned in the other thread, SP has about 0 interest factor for me. :lol:

I shall be wishing them success with it, of course, even if I'm not interested...the more success they can find, the better for me, when they do make a game that I personally would be "into". At least, that's my theory.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It'll be a good seller if nothing else, and probably make Obs into a more well known house (because you just KNOW that Parker and Stone would put it into one of their games).

I could see it being produce not with the boys and co in mind, but more like something around Professor Chaos against the normal crew (who are sort of in-sort of out of character and lean HEAVILY on the fourth wall)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All I really know is this will be a painful dev cycle. Trey and Matt will make sweeping overnight changes with no thought the implications. I hope they're ready.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I think that I won't buy it: I could not care less about the IP. The only episode I saw in the last years is "Make love not Warcraft" wich was pretty funny... but no other episode in 8 years or so. I think that the IP is very US centric and does not says a lot to us in Europe. But generally it has lasted even too much for its own good and the jokes weren't funny anymore when I stopped watching it. Then if reviews state that it's the best thing since PS:T I could change my mind. But I doubt so...

Edited by meomao

I remember I complained to Josh about iwd2.

t'was so boring to go through the Severed Hand, again!

Now I seriously consider reinstalling it for the tenth time..

What's happening? South Park? How did we end up here? :lol:

J.

I don't see how this can even work. South Park is only South Park because it takes current events, something that's hot right now, and makes fun of that. With the game, the events could be 1-2 year old, last years news, boooring.

I don't see how this can even work. South Park is only South Park because it takes current events, something that's hot right now, and makes fun of that. With the game, the events could be 1-2 year old, last years news, boooring.

If you look at the picture from the article (the reflection in the water) more closely, it looks like the kids will find themselves in a kind of "fantasy land" and would be a story about that, is my best guess.

Which would work perfectly.

We really know very little about this yet, I'm really thinking it will be a direct download game for the Xbox Arcade/PSN Home. That would mean a smaller team, short dev. cycle, and possible episodic content. As I mentioned, it worked well enough for the Penny Arcade game, which was also an adventure/RPG.

It will also allow it to stay closer to current events, as Trulez mentioned. Although there are plenty of current events with a longer shelf life.

edit: Or maybe not, apparently there is already an XBLA game coming out. Ah well, it's all speculation at this point.

edit 2: I'm imagining a Willy Beamish type game at this point. I have no idea why.

Edited by Hurlshot

It's a bit of a shame that they don't have a contract for a big IP though. Of course more of these less intensive projects spreads the risk out a bit. It's just hard to get excited about small time stuff like this.

South Park is still hilarious, with the odd dry patch of course. Compare with Simpsons which hasn't been funny for 4 or 5 years.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's a bit of a shame that they don't have a contract for a big IP though. Of course more of these less intensive projects spreads the risk out a bit. It's just hard to get excited about small time stuff like this.

South Park is a comparable big IP though. And the creators work is generally really popular.

South Park and Obsidian are a terrific marriage. One, it's an opportunity to showcase the breadth of Obsidian's design capabilities. Two, South Park is a globally recognized IP that will get mainstream PR pickup and call further attention to a company we love (albeit under the iron thumb of THQ). Three, complain as thou wilt about Trey and Matt's juvenalia and libertarianism, but the fact remains that they literally crap gold pretty much all the time. Sure, literally, as in they literally can't walk three feet without filling their pants with several kilos of creamy golden bullion; as in anyone who went to the Book of Mormon premiere will tell you that Matt and Trey dropped trou right outside the Eugene O'Neill theatre and blasted out eighteen million dollars of honeyed metal. Like two shuddering diarrhoetic fountains of chunky golden poo, splattering and clinking all over the red carpet.

They keep a passel of small Swiss children on hand to scrape it up and bank it for them.

What I'm trying to say is that this will also be financially lucrative. Also, filthy.

O forever sad fanboys with your beliefs and your feelings and your shriveling expectations, harken not those sad violins, and think on it this way: Consider Fallout 3, and then consider New Vegas, and observe the Obsidian hallmarks thereby added: choice and consequence, interesting and worthwhile companions, factions driven by plausible ideologies and interests, compelling story, clear and gripping stakes, etc. - all those design elements we so often put down to good writing. Maybe Bethesda succeeded in making Fallout a triple-A title, but Obsidian [re]infused the franchise with heart and smarts and humor. I don't give a good galldang if the IP is South Park or Fallout or Rainbow Brite; it will be a good game, and this is only good news. I send my best wishes to the team working on the project, as well as one humble request: Lemmiwinks. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

A dull boy.

That's a fantastic image. I mean that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

holy ****

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's a bit of a shame that they don't have a contract for a big IP though.

Why is that a "shame"? Obsidian maybe doesn't really want to work on these huge huge blockbuster franchises, or at least not all the time. At least they keep their portfolio diverse, unlike Bioware, which has just deteriorated into a ME/DA factory.

:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif