i never really found south parks commentary to be left or right, more like juvenile.

i hear little kids make the same arguments the south park creators do. they just come across as immature, and uneducated.

however, i love south park anyway, and generally just ignore their "messages". i like fart jokes.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

South Park is at it's best not as a satire comedy show that makes a point, as most of their points are either really obvious or rather strawman-ish. They're the best as drawing attention to things that might otherwise be swept under the rug.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

SP is just mostly stupid and catered towards American humor, but I'm still interested where they're trying to go with it, as a game. Non-Fantasy, non-Space Opera RPG is a welcoming change. When can we expect some solid infos?

If the Game Informer cover is anything to go by, it'll have some significant fantasy themes. Though they may be using it as a platform to lampoon fantasy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe Chris Avellone is working on it and he adds rats with ultimate strength and maybe you can't die in the game, because if you die, you either go to hell or heaven and from there back to eart and stuff like that.

Maybe the South Park game can become a lulzy Planescape: Torment. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Obviously Obsidian's going to brilliantly deconstruct all of that.
Nope. Obsidian's not writing it.
My first reaction was: wtf? I think I'll pass on this one.

Then LoF flipped out and I decided I'd pick it up day 1. :sorcerer:

I hope that you find it to be the worse game you've ever played, and wish that you hadn't wasted your money in such a blatantly stupid way.

Obviously Obsidian's going to brilliantly deconstruct all of that.
Nope. Obsidian's not writing it.

Yes, I'm sure the SP guys are doing all the quest design and writing, C&C and so on. Makes sense. Fenstermaker's also just on the project for laughs.

Edited by C2B

Yes, post a wrongly quoted third party news item. Totally relevant. :sorcerer:

From the exclusive Gameinformer Announcment

are writing the script, performing the dialogue,

Writing the script can just as easily mean as writing the main quest/storyline. Performing the dialouge is VA work.

Again, I don't really think they are going to design the quests or write every bit of dialouge in the game. According to Mustang it doesn't really seem to be that they are working that closly.

Edited by C2B

Why the hatred towards funny RPG's... Games are serious business or something?

Seeing the success of Saint's Row III, I can see them doing well...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Why the hatred towards funny RPG's... Games are serious business or something?

Seeing the success of Saint's Row III, I can see them doing well...

Not to mention the good reviews Old World Blues got.

Hate the living, love the dead.

South Park is at it's best not as a satire comedy show that makes a point, as most of their points are either really obvious or rather strawman-ish. They're the best as drawing attention to things that might otherwise be swept under the rug.

this is pretty close to how i feel too

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This was... unexpected. Can't say I'm overjoyed (I'm not sure how the "fun" of South Park could translate well into a game). Oh well...

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

really, this isn't aimed at us, this is aimed at south park fans, and they just chose a studio that they thought could get the job done to their specifications. We probably shouldn't be looking at this like a regular obsidian title, at least, not until we hear more about how much control they have over the project.

this isn't je sawyers new project is it? i keep hoping to hear that he's been put in charge of a new elder scrolls game set for release at the end of 2013.

I don't have anything against funny RPGs, I really enjoyed SR3. But, newsflash, South Park isn't funny.

So you enjoy beating people to dead with ****'s or having gay-driven walker-taxi shootouts... but not South Park?

I... don't think so.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Unexpected.

I hope they can do something interesting with it, but right now it feels totally uninteresting to me.

Unless.. they turn it into Bully 2! That would pique my interest.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I can see it taking on a Penny Arcade style of play as well. I didn't think a webcomic could be a decent game, but they managed it. So I'll just wait and see.

As for the people that are indignant about South Park in general, that is soooo 10 years ago.