Huh, I'm not really sure what to say. I'm pretty skeptical, although I never thought a South Park movie would really work, and that turned out great.

My biggest concern is South Park seems pretty over the hill. I'm at a loss.

Haha, good one, you had me going for a second. Obsidian making a South Park game? That would be pretty ridiculous. I gotta admit, I laughed a little in real li--

Wait, this is a real thing?

This is a real thing?

They're - they're really making...

They're really making a goddamn ****ing South Park video game. A video game based on a ****ty, horribly offensive, rightist piece of mindless middle trash TV show?

*vomits in mouth a little*

This... just... what the ****. I can't believe you did this. I literally can't believe it! Is there some sort of Californian December Fool's Day thing going on here??

Well, there's your animated title:http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/01/obsidian-heading-on-up-to-south-park-for-ps3-xbox-360-rpg/

What

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Besides, you don't usually play games for 20 hours straight. The series was still funny 40 episodes in (and possibly still is I just haven't watched it in years). So if you play an hour or so at the time, it shouldn't be a problem.

besides, South Park isn't a comedy as much as it is a satire, so I don't think it's an issue regardless.

Making a game 20h game around comedy series could be really really difficult. Nothing is funny that long.

20 hours? What alternate universe do you live in where they make games that long? ;)

Hasn't every Obsidian game been at least about 20 hours?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Haha, good one, you had me going for a second. Obsidian making a South Park game? That would be pretty ridiculous. I gotta admit, I laughed a little in real li--

Wait, this is a real thing?

This is a real thing?

They're - they're really making...

They're really making a goddamn ****ing South Park video game. A video game based on a ****ty, horribly offensive, rightist piece of mindless middle trash TV show?

*vomits in mouth a little*

Let me make one thing clear, Obsidian: the only circumstance under which I would possibly buy this game would be in order to create a torrent of it. This... just... what the ****. I can't believe you did this. I literally can't believe it! Is there some sort of Californian December Fool's Day thing going on here??

Why are you bringing your political view into this just by announcment of the title?

Also "rightiest piece" What? South Park is sometimes offensive I give you that. But the problem isn't that they have a right-wing stance but that they basically just call every argument ever "stupid" and be done with it.

Why are you bringing your political view into this just by announcment of the title?

Also "rightiest piece" What? South Park is sometimes offensive I give you that. But the problem isn't that they have a right-wing stance but that they basically just call every argument ever "stupid" and be done with it.

Q: Are you two guys liberal or conservative? Me and my friends have had debates about this.

TREY: We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives].

MATT: I hate conservatives but I really ****ing hate liberals.

Rightist piece of ****, like I said.

Q: Are you two guys liberal or conservative? Me and my friends have had debates about this.

TREY: We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives].

MATT: I hate conservatives but I really ****ing hate liberals.

Rightist piece of ****, like I said.

Yes, it still comes down to that they hate both. Theres nothing right about it aside from some extremist middle-right (at most) stance.

Edited by C2B

" We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives]."

So... they hate boths ides and that makes them rightists/ That's dumb. Beside,s youa re a proven bigot anyways, and not to be takens eriously.

No matter what, a SP:ROPG surely won't be worse than the crappy SOZ, AP, and DS3 trio. Likely won't be as good as the NWN2, KOTOR2, and FO;LV trio either.

Still, the butthurt Obsidian fanboys are freeling right now makes me smile and makes this endeavour worth it for Obsidian. i might just pre order the game to support such butthurt even if I don't want the game. ;)

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, it still comes down to that they hate both. Theres nothing right about it aside from some extremist middle-right (at most) stance.
They've written whole episodes defending the use of ethnic, homophobic, and sexist slurs. Their portrayal of sexualities besides "exclusive heterosexuality" is so bigoted that it's probably more heterosexist than something produced in the 1800s. ****. Them.

Well, this is a head scratcher. Ah well, they gotta pay the bills somehow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They've written whole episodes defending the use of ethnic, homophobic, and sexist slurs. Their portrayal of sexualities besides "exclusive heterosexuality" is so bigoted that it's probably more heterosexist than something produced in the 1800s. ****. Them.

9qbmhf.jpg