South Park RPG announced

C2B

I have never really followed South Park too closely but am I the only one surprised by all the claims that it is a right-wing extremist show or what have you? I've never gotten that impression from watching the show at least. :) Or should I try harder to be offended?

Anyways, given that it now seems like it *will* come out on the PC at least, there is a reason to follow the news about it at least since... well, I could theoretically play it once it comes out.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I have never really followed South Park too closely but am I the only one surprised by all the claims that it is a right-wing extremist show or what have you? I've never gotten that impression from watching the show at least. :)Or should I try harder to be offended?

Anyways, given that it now seems like it *will* come out on the PC at least, there is a reason to follow the news about it at least since... well, I could theoretically play it once it comes out.

Nothing to be offended about. Fart jokes and making fun of everyone and everything is what goes on in the show. Apparently this equals a right-wing show.

I always took it as leaning to the left.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have never really followed South Park too closely but am I the only one surprised by all the claims that it is a right-wing extremist show or what have you? I've never gotten that impression from watching the show at least. :)Or should I try harder to be offended?

Nothing to be offended about. Fart jokes and making fun of everyone and everything is what goes on in the show. Apparently this equals a right-wing show.

While South Park may be mocking everything and everyone it never did so equally.

Even if you ignore the "I learned something today" fragments there is still a world of difference in the viciousness with which it handles environmental issues and big business.

is not april 1, is it? no?

if this were a free flash game, we would look forward to playing it-- 15 minutes o' irreverent entertainment. a full length crpg? we could see developing a south park adventure game perhaps, but a crpg?

did fergie lose a bet with the devil?

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wow. A South Park RPG isn't really what I expected.

I guess all we can do is wait and see until January rolls around. The GameInformer journalists that previewed it have said that they love it and can't wait to see how everyone else will react once the game is seen in action. So...fingers crossed.

On Twitter? Do you have a link? :lol:

I guess all we can do is wait and see until January rolls around. The GameInformer journalists that previewed it have said that they love it and can't wait to see how everyone else will react once the game is seen in action. So...fingers crossed.

On Twitter? Do you have a link? :lol:

I do indeed. The entire conversation is here. Andrew Reiner is an editor for GameInformer.

"Most bullcrap post I've read this year, and Volo exists. "

SU you stupid troll!

ON TOPIC: The game could be good. The game could be bad. It is a mystary.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why wait for January? If I understood the initial announcement, the issue is out next week.

Why wait for January? If I understood the initial announcement, the issue is out next week.

Uh..yep. You're right. Was thinking that the issue wouldn't be out until January.

By the way. Can someone with a twitter account ask Avellone if he is working on it?

Thanks WUE!

You're fast. :lol:

EDIT: Anyway, he ain't working on it.

k

Will be interesting to see who else is working on it. Doesn't seem to be that big a team. Most interested in the design team. Fenstermakers already a +.

Edited by C2B

Isn't the magazine out on 8th of December.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I have never really followed South Park too closely but am I the only one surprised by all the claims that it is a right-wing extremist show or what have you? I've never gotten that impression from watching the show at least. :lol:Or should I try harder to be offended?

There's a bit of an authoritarian streak in the left which is frequently combined with statements espousing choice and equality. That's one of the show's biggest targets as they hate both authoritarianism and hypocricy, but it really gets under some people's skins that their views can be ridiculed. As such it's easier to just label things because, well, they're right wing hence wrong, biased, stupid and ill informed by definition.

I pretty much always end up as anarchist in the political compass type things- ie about as left wing and real meaning liberal as it's possible to get- and I can't remember ever having a problem with South Park's political slant. They may have gay/ black/ left/ right/ male/ female characters who are horrendous d-bags (if we get SP forums will they have relaxed **** generating algorthyms?) but they're d-bags because they're self-important/ hypocritical/ obnoxious, not because they're gay/ black/ left/ right/ male/ female.

Overall it's rather like the more balanced news outlets. If the left thinks they're right wing yet the right thinks they're left wing then they're probably pretty balanced in reality.

It would seem Matt is the lead designer on this according to Anthony Davis

I can't talk a lot about South Park, only as things get announced. I will say that Zane, Matt, and Fenster have made several trips to NY to work with Matt and Trey.

Found on Codex

Hate the living, love the dead.

Duno how it will turn out but ill keep an eye for a review when it comes out and i skipped from the 1st page to the end and seemed like ppl thought there isnt a pc version coming but there is according to todays article on facebook.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive...south-park.aspx

quote = this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC.

Wonder how the gfx will look. Simple like the show or skyrim gfx lol. Inbetween would be nice or something like the zelda games perhaps tho i think i would enjoy the gfx from the zelda game on the snes "a link to the past" which was my fav. Top down nice art and no 3d. One thing tho i hope they stay well away from cell shading as i hate that in games it looks so naff.

Wonder how the gfx will look. Simple like the show or skyrim gfx lol.

Just speculation on my part. Considering how they were advertising for 2D artists specifically, it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect a "toon" style. May or may not be same visual style as the TV show.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein