South Park RPG announced

C2B

Wow.

All respect lost. All of it. Every tiny bit.

I loved PS:Torment. I dug Alpha Protocol. New Vegas was fantastic. I even liked both Knights of the Old Republic games despite loathing Star Wars.

But this. This is appalling. South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me. You've taken a hard line political stance with this. You have to know that.

You've now ruined my youth, which you helped shape with your games. You were the last video game developer I respected. You were the reason I wanted to work in the industry. I can't believe how betrayed I feel.

This is my Jar Jar. This is my Lost-Characters-in-Heaven scene. This is my Star Trek 5. Thanks for making a gamer hate your games.

You, sir, are a crybaby. :sorcerer:

I gotta say, though, it would indeed be nice if Obsidian cut back on the right-wing bull****. I dunno if this is a money project or what, but you guys do sell games to the rest of the world - you would be bankrupt without us. Don't just **** us off with your extremist American views okie dokie?

Will Obsidian screw Southpark up like they did Dungeon Siege? I'm voting yes.

Its amazing that you are still lurking around here. Can't live without us, na?

Just out of curiosity C2B do you still regularly play Dungeon Siege? Or was I correct in that it's re-playability is next to nothing?

I remember playing South Park 64 when I was younger. The game was pretty terrible, but offered some laughs. I'm betting Obsidian can't produce something to that standard.

So, its confirmed and being developed for PC, too. :sorcerer: Avellones dream came true, to some extent, except the setting is not high school.

PS Shame that they lost Travis Stout since his style should go well with this kind of work. I even suspected that the South Park rumor was wrong when he left Obsidian.

I read it was going to be available on PC, was that a mistake? Or the other way around?

Anyway...I don't like South Park. I don't find it generally offensive or politically offensive;it just doesn't strike my funnybone at all. Once in a great while, or some of the YT mashups, are kinda funny. But I don't watch it otherwise. Can't imagine a rpg-game based on it would make me like the characters/humor/world, so....

...glad Obsidian has a project...but I don't think I'll be buying this one. :sorcerer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well Obsidian, you've stooped to a level that Steve Wilkos wont go to. Even he has some self respect.

Is Feargus involved in this project? I wonder if he is, maybe he'll make it interesting. Maybe we'll get to see Gayfish tormented over a Planescape.

It'll be on PC.

I haven't watched South Park in oodles, but last time I checked it seemed too in your face and annoyingly noisy to be funny. I also have no clue how it would turn into a cool RPG.

We'll see, I guess.

Will Obsidian screw Southpark up like they did Dungeon Siege? I'm voting yes.

Its amazing that you are still lurking around here. Can't live without us, na?

Just out of curiosity C2B do you still regularly play Dungeon Siege? Or was I correct in that it's re-playability is next to nothing?

Currently on a break again, but yes. Played once every month.

PS Shame that they lost Travis Stout since his style should go well with this kind of work. I even suspected that the South Park rumor was wrong when he left Obsidian.

I don't really think South Park is Travis's particular brand of humor. More Fenstermaker. (Though I agree he could have certainly contributed)

Wow.

All respect lost. All of it. Every tiny bit.

I loved PS:Torment. I dug Alpha Protocol. New Vegas was fantastic. I even liked both Knights of the Old Republic games despite loathing Star Wars.

But this. This is appalling. South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me. You've taken a hard line political stance with this. You have to know that.

You've now ruined my youth, which you helped shape with your games. You were the last video game developer I respected. You were the reason I wanted to work in the industry. I can't believe how betrayed I feel.

This is my Jar Jar. This is my Lost-Characters-in-Heaven scene. This is my Star Trek 5. Thanks for making a gamer hate your games.

HAHAHAHAHA! Most bullcrap post I've read this year, and Volo exists.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

http://twitter.com/#!/framerate/status...294399185977345

http://twitter.com/#!/SplendidSteph/st...306628920819712

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeyDowling/sta...312388396462080

http://www.facebook.com/jesawyer/posts/232486330152736 (John Gonzalez: Very glad that I can finally tell people about this. The game was already looking so damn awesome when I left Obsidian last Feb. Can't wait to play it. Next up: Book of Mormon, the Game)

http://www.facebook.com/roguezombie/posts/250826694978456 (Anthony Davis: Last thing I was working on at Obsidian!)

http://www.facebook.com/gelatin/posts/286042128104501 (Andre Nguyen: It was unclear, but I'm working on that game. Wasn't sure I could say, haha.)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3308522&sk=info

John Lewis

Obsidian Entertainment

Artist

Edited by funcroc

Sawyer's formspring

What's more annoying, NDAs or incessant questions you can't answer?

I know this probably won't make any difference, but I'm not working on the SP project.

I think Zane Lyon is the project director of SP: The Game

Funroc. Any idea whos the Lead Designer? Linkedin only lists Nathaniel and Matt currently in that position.

Well if Avellone's on the project he'll have ample opportunity to do what he loves - call attention to elements of RPG design that annoy him.

That was my reaction too-- this could be an interesting opportunity to lump together elements that parody every other RPG out there. (And, given how many other genres have taken on RPG elements, other games, too.)