South Park RPG announced

C2B

Are the South Park creators involved? If they are... Obsidian are in for a painful ride.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well, on a more positive side, I probably would have meh'd about any other "animation franchise" as well, because I am not much into this stuff. What I find worse is that it will not appear on pc.

Still tensed to see how the dialogue stuff will turn out. If the South Park guys are writing it, how the branching will turn out, amount of answer options, results in dialog (fake choices, etc) and so on.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wow.

All respect lost. All of it. Every tiny bit.

I loved PS:Torment. I dug Alpha Protocol. New Vegas was fantastic. I even liked both Knights of the Old Republic games despite loathing Star Wars.

But this. This is appalling. South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me. You've taken a hard line political stance with this. You have to know that.

You've now ruined my youth, which you helped shape with your games. You were the last video game developer I respected. You were the reason I wanted to work in the industry. I can't believe how betrayed I feel.

This is my Jar Jar. This is my Lost-Characters-in-Heaven scene. This is my Star Trek 5. Thanks for making a gamer hate your games.

Edited by darkling23

Please elaborate. The way I see it, the show makes fun of everyone and everything.

Edit

@ Starwars: That was always going to be the case with an announcement like this.

Not thrilled myself, but I will not write off the game at the moment.

Edited by Labadal

Awesome! :) I love South Park, no PC version though? Pretty, pretty please Obsidian, we want one! :)

They're just being true to it's roots... South Park have never been very PC.

(Ba, dom boom - PISH!)

Failing Fallout:

The tale of an average Joe making his way in the Mojave: Failing Fallout New Vegas

The tale of an average Joe forced out into the Capital Wasteland: Failing Fallout 3

South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me.

I... I'm not sure if this is meant to be a humor post?

I actually did a bit of research on just that topic while I was on the project, because I was curious of the general South Park stance on the queer community. My understanding is that while it lampoons some aspects (just like the show lampoons everything else), SP is actually very supportive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_matte...nd_gay_marriage

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me.

I... I'm not sure if this is meant to be a humor post?

I actually did a bit of research on just that topic while I was on the project, because I was curious of the general South Park stance on the queer community. My understanding is that while it lampoons some aspects (just like the show lampoons everything else), SP is actually very supportive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_matte...nd_gay_marriage

Mustang did they already work on it while you were still there? How were the South Park guys if so?

Wow.

All respect lost. All of it. Every tiny bit.

I loved PS:Torment. I dug Alpha Protocol. New Vegas was fantastic. I even liked Knights of the Old Republic despite loathing Star Wars.

But this. This is appalling. South Park is right wing libertarian garbage made to feed the populace hate and rage towards queer people and minorities. By aligning yourself with them, you've proven your right wing libertarian allegiances and what you think of people like me. You've taken a hard line political stance with this. You have to know that.

You've now ruined my youth, which you helped shape with your games. You were the last video game developer I respected. You were the reason I wanted to work in the industry. I can't believe how betrayed I feel.

This is my Jar Jar. This is my Lost-Characters-in-Heaven scene. This is my Star Trek 5. Thanks for making a gamer hate your games.

OMG, I think I lost 10 intelligence point just by reading your comment. You brought politics into this? WTF!? Do you really think Obsidian cares about this political bull****?

In case your over the top reaction was just trolling bait.. Good job bro, you tricked me.

J_C from Codexia

South Park is a highly politically charged show. If they didn't want to bring politics into their world, they shouldn't have worked with the IP.

Yes, its also a political non-show. I haven't seen South Park taking a stance on anything ever except making fun of all of them.