What are you playing now?

Still playing Darklands, my group of heroes are pretty powerful now.

I'm so disappointed that there is no... I dunno, updated version of this game. It would be so goddamn cool if just more events were written up, some changes were made to the mechanics to make roleplaying a bit more flexible, just more and more and more stuff to do and different ways to do it. It's such an awesome game despite it being a bit annoying at times.

Josh posted on his formspring that Atari apparently owns the license now. So I say this... Josh, Feargus, Chris, whoever. Contact those mofos and demand to make small-budget, updated Darklands title for the love of everything that is holy. Because that would the most awesome thing ever.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Josh posted on his formspring that Atari apparently owns the license now. So I say this... Josh, Feargus, Chris, whoever. Contact those mofos and demand to make small-budget, updated Darklands title for the love of everything that is holy. Because that would the most awesome thing ever.

I am totally in support of this post here.

I couldn't stand Darklands' combat, and I suspect that was more than the fact that I couldn't make head or tails of it. But there seemed to be a great game, I'd love a remake with turn-based combat.

Re-installing New Vegas and starting again, pretty pissed off about it but I think my choice of mods has screwed my current game, it seems to be Project Nevada but I'm not 100% sure until I can do some testing on a fresh install...mods are a blessing and a curse :lol:

*edit*

While it's on my mind, I've decided New Vegas is better than Skyrim, maybe not in the world design/dungeon delving department but in *all* other areas it conquers.

Edited by WDeranged

no contest. new vegas is way better than skyrim. but skyrim is still way better than oblivion, so i can't call skyrim anything but an improvement for bethesda.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

But is Skyrim better than Fallout 3?

Speaking of Skyrim, I installed it on my new computer and tried to play but am getting an issue where the sound is all very, very low. I hope it's not an issue with the latest patch.

Edit: Actually, I'm just going to install Civ 5 again.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Speaking of Skyrim, I installed it on my new computer and tried to play but am getting an issue where the sound is all very, very low. I hope it's not an issue with the latest patch.

In the volume options in the advanced tab turn down the sound quality to 24 bit 48khz. Or even 16 bits if this doesn't solve.

Also check the configuration of your speaker, you may be in 5.1 config and only have two speakers.

Edited by Orchomene

Tough question. I think I still just prefer the Fallout setting over ES, and so I still had more fun with Fallout 3. But I think Bethesda made a huge improvement from Oblivion to Fallout 3, and they continued to refine themselves in Skyim (rather than slipping.)

But yeah, none of these compare to New Vegas. They just lack the writing and subtlety of an Obsidian game.

Tough question. I think I still just prefer the Fallout setting over ES, and so I still had more fun with Fallout 3. But I think Bethesda made a huge improvement from Oblivion to Fallout 3, and they continued to refine themselves in Skyim (rather than slipping.)

But yeah, none of these compare to New Vegas. They just lack the writing and subtlety of an Obsidian game.

this :(:thumbsup:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The dialogue, lore usage and plot lines are a definite step up in my opinion, I still need to spend a lot more time with Skyrim to decide if the world design is better though, I really loved Fallout 3's wasteland, Skyrim feels a bit like a Nordic themed amusement park, time will tell.

Juggling lots of stuff. Halo Anniversary is 29.99 at Target, so I picked it up. Remembered I had a GamersGate account from purchasing Precursors, so I picked up Mysteries of Westgate. And TF2 has a new update, so I've been tooling around in that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Been playing Touch My Katamari and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the Playstation Vita. I'm really enjoying both titles. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is especially impressive, the graphics are very good for a handheld computer AND it runs smoothly at 60fps.

Touch My Katamari

This just sounds so wrong.

Well, the Katamari series has been always been wrong on so many levels. That's what makes it so special.

Anyway, I bought Uncharted: Golden Abyss today after I heard it had full English support (couldn't stand the thought of listening to Drake speak Japanese). So far, so good.

Would it suprise anyone if I said that at the moment I'm playing TOR? ;)

I'll probably have some momentary returns to Saints Row 3 to change the pact at times, but I can't really see anything else jumping out at me until ME3 is released.

Batman is on my "wait until its really cheap" to get list, and I'm really unconcerned with the latest Assassin's Creed.

Can't think of much else that's really on the horizon....

o O (but lots and lots of TOR..)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

More Tribes Ascend, the whole classes approach is bothersome - but it is F2P, so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Arkham Asylum, still. Just about ready for what I assume is the endgame sequence. I was playing it because I wanted to finish the game before playing the sequel, which came free with my video card.

But then Shogun 2 showed up as the Steam deal of the day yesterday for $9.99. That was on my "grab this in the holiday sale" list, and I've been itching for a new strategy game, so I bought it. Once I wrap Batman up, I'll likely be spending what little free time I have this week between work and "get ready for the in-laws' holiday visit" chores attempting to conquer feudal Japan.

I've finally finished Darksiders. I had some fun but it was still forgetful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

X-3 Albion Prelude, was a bit miffed that I had to buy a station before I could get to play the stock market. So just built a Crystal Fab in power wall, always money there.

LOL

I can't believe how sad I am that I found that funny.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tried the Heroes of Might and Magic VI demo on Steam. Contrary to my expectations it wasn't an utter disaster. It still doesn't get close to III, but it sure makes the previous 2 games look bad by comparison. Anyone knows if the full game uses some kind of additional crap for DRM other than steamworks?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein