A farewell to (nuclear) arms

Walsingham

Video

The most brilliant and disturbing (if slow starting) film about nuclear war I've ever seen or expect to see. Threads. I'm posting it here because it's quite hard to get on hard copy.

Don't let the slow start put you off. I think it helps with the vicious emotional undertow in the latter part of the film. It completely plays up how completely alien and unexpecteda nuclear war would be for both ordinary people and policy makers.

The most brilliant bit for me is the way it plays up some of the genius of On the Beach, in portraying many people at their best in the face of disaster. Yet counterpoints that with the impact of the post-war world's physical realities and human breakdown.

I don't suppose we'll see a Fallout from Obsidian any time soon. But this will hopefully make you look back on what the studio's already done from a richer perspective.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just as an addendum, I've been rewatching it, and I physically can't eat my lunch now. I can't swallow.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard about this movie years ago in high school...not sure if I would want to watch it.

Like climbing a mountain. It's not exactly fun. But it's worthwhile.

-Elwood Blues