Pictures of your games

CoM_Solaufein

Anno 2070 does have random continuous maps in addition to the campaign and scenarios. I spend most my time on a small continuous on easy difficulty.

It's a shame that map size is tied to difficulty.

Made you a screenshot:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=111404315

Oh also:

My oil rig:

http://steamcommunit...7&insideModal=1

(that's my continuous game by the way. The purple areas on the minimap are mine)

and my reseach outpost:

http://steamcommunit...9&insideModal=1

(same playthrough but before I changed my profile colour to purple)

On higher difficulties AI players can be rather aggressive. At least the militant ones. But on an easy map you only get nice people to keep you company.

Still, after a while, managing all the resources can be quite challenging.

The real stupid part about the game is that its UBIsoft. Which means UPlay.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@melkathi

Interesting. If you can play, in some fashion, like a freebuild, I might like it more then. I definitely don't want to do the "be attacked by AI when you still have nothing but a rake and a hoe" type thing that often anymore. Having some ruler send requests for goods or armies or very occasional combat is fine (like in the Caesar's), or gameplay that lets you largely avoid combat via other options, is fine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

MOO3 has been overwhelmingly panned as a total disaster...a complete slap in the face of the lineage and reputation forged by the first two titles in the series. However, these opinions are outdated, not entirely true and really only tell half the story. When MOO3 was released, it was fairly buggy and incomplete. Fans of the MOO series largely rushed to judgment, didn't give read more the new concepts a fair chance and simply declared MOO3 a total loss.

Fast forward a few later and MOO3 has been patched and modded, largely by a cadre of devoted fans. A properly modded MOO3 is in my opinion one of the finest, most complete Space 4x games ever released in the history of gaming. I'm a very demanding strategy gamer and a patched and modded MOO3 has everything. All the finer details that bring a game to life.

For those fans of the series that never gave MOO3 a shot due to all the negative feedback, this is your chance to share in the joy that this game has become...do not miss out!

2aafprc.jpg

34s4d47.jpg

66bzuu.jpg

2yy5ax5.jpg

15psxls.jpg

MOO3 has been overwhelmingly panned as a total disaster...a complete slap in the face of the lineage and reputation forged by the first two titles in the series. However, these opinions are outdated, not entirely true and really only tell half the story. When MOO3 was released, it was fairly buggy and incomplete. Fans of the MOO series largely rushed to judgment, didn't give read more the new concepts a fair chance and simply declared MOO3 a total loss.

Fast forward a few later and MOO3 has been patched and modded, largely by a cadre of devoted fans. A properly modded MOO3 is in my opinion one of the finest, most complete Space 4x games ever released in the history of gaming. I'm a very demanding strategy gamer and a patched and modded MOO3 has everything. All the finer details that bring a game to life.

For those fans of the series that never gave MOO3 a shot due to all the negative feedback, this is your chance to share in the joy that this game has become...do not miss out!

Still looks like pages of excel spreadsheets. Do not want. I'm just going to keep playing my Moo2 and actually enjoy the crown jewel of the series. Edited by trulez

Still looks like pages of excel spreadsheets. Do not want. I'm just going to keep playing my Moo2 and actually enjoy the crown jewel of the series.

It seems the strategy game market is all into complex tech trees and insane amounts of learning. Master of Orion 3 has an AI for practically everything, which makes the game sort of unique. While games such as Hearts of Iron 3 have automation in them, they don't really invite you to go ahead and allow the AI to control those parts of the game because ceding control of anything read more in that game cedes control of the gameplay experience.

Master of Orion 3 is much different. You control what you want to control (and you can micromanage basically everything), and you get as reward what effort you put into the game. For instance, I personally don't like tech trees, so I let the AI do that for me. I do all the scouting, do about 30% of the resource management, and do all of the combat. This provides me with a unique experience for myself that others might find less enjoyable. For others, they can let the AI control OTHER things, and have fun that way. For this reason, I call this a flexible strategy game.

Here she is!

Version 1:

61709.jpg

Version 2:

61711.jpg

That's her?!

Robin Weaver encountered a woman in the woods whose feet never appeared to touch the ground. Mary also described something different: "And all of the sudden it felt like somthin was near me. You know kinda an eerie feeling. It was like a woman! Only on her arms and on her hands it was like a hair. It was real dark almost black hair. Almost like a horse.

Master of Orion II :biggrin:

It's fun trying out the different races. Meklars aren't too shabby. So far, I've found Silicoids and Elerians to be the most difficult to play well with. The 'Creative' trait (and by extension Psilons) is just way overpowered, making up for any shortcomings, as long as you survive the very beginning of the game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In a way, it was good that with the initial release, the custom race option was greyed out for difficulties below average, as it meant that I would learn the game playing a range of different traits, instead of the 'optimal' ones - creative plus aquatic/subterranean (and broadly any +population one) padded out with good starter planet bonuses. By the time I had access the patch, I'd be at least used to a few different styles.

That said, I never really got far beyond settling in as an average level player. Mostly I'd attribute this to late-game tedium in terms of colony improvements, which I'd comfortably call MoO2's weakest point: I'd end up clicking semi-randomly at the endless list of similar improvements since none had any particularly defining characteristics. This +production building or that +production building. Eh. For the same reason, I basically never went above average sized galaxies, and indeed preferred small ones.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Using Frostfall, started dying of hypothermia, had to quickly dismount and build a fire:

Vkk0J.jpg

Testing a recent mod project, blocking this dragon's breath with a ward spell while hitting him with a new Area of Effect version of Ice Form shout

8ogx6.jpg

Fighting Mirmulnir at the Western Watchtower

c1qBj.jpg

Edited by IcyDeadPeople
  • Like 1

It's fun trying out the different races. Meklars aren't too shabby. So far, I've found Silicoids and Elerians to be the most difficult to play well with. The 'Creative' trait (and by extension Psilons) is just way overpowered, making up for any shortcomings, as long as you survive the very beginning of the game.

While I did enjoy it as well, it did not feel as rich and rewarding as its follow-up, but more shallow, but also to its credit, more, accessible.

I read once that Creative is only useful for beginners and a non-issue for experienced/good players. Which is funny, whether true or not.

I read once that Creative is only useful for beginners and a non-issue for experienced/good players. Which is funny, whether true or not.

I read once that anything less than Uncreative, -50% Growth, Poor Homeworld is for beginners and a non-issue for us experienced/good players. Which is funny, because it's true.

Creative in general is rather reliant on getting a safe starting location. Don't get me wrong, I very much love creative and the amazing ships it allows you to construct in the mid and late game. But you need to survive long enough to research the techs and build the ships, and for 8 picks, creative does not deliver you the instantaneous economic advantages of some other choices.

Telepathic is insane if you can build a stack big enough to crush a battlestation without loss, you absorb entire colonies without even having to damage their planetary buildings. Any ship cruiser-sized or above can mind-control entire planets.The process of creating innumerable transports, is tremendously tedious.

Here she is!

Version 1:

61709.jpg

Version 2:

61711.jpg

That's her?!

Evidently. Or at least that's the action-figure versions of her (believe me, I'm not trilled either).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot