Saves are not appearing on my damned PC!

Goodday good Council of Obsidian. I've come bearing a message. And that message is that I'm having trouble with my save files on KotOR2.

I have spectated previous events to this problem and I have found no solution. I am wondering if any of you would have answers to this. Because like I said I am having trouble with KotOR2 saves. But see the thing is, I logged on to an administrator account and... Well I went to load my game like usual but there was only 2 save files (old ones) and I didn't feel like doing it all over again. So I switched characters but it only went to the droid you controlled when on Telos and your main character about to encounter Darth Sion for the first time on Peragus (somewhere around where Kreia attempts to block his path). But yeah I only have those 2 files and I don't wish to continue with that, I want to continue with the files I had saved at around Onderon and Korriban. But they're not there so I'm like wtf.

Also I have Windows 7.

Please if anyone can, please answer and eventually correct my problem which I have been not solving for the past week. If anyone has any clue to my problem, or anything correlating to this, please do reply.

Doesn't it tag your saves with your current character name?

I.e. if I play a bit as Gorth the Sith lord and save a handful of files and then create Gorth the Jedi Master, I will no longer see the saves of Gorth the Sith lord. If I then get tired of mister goody two shoes, I can switch character with the switch character button and my dark side saves become available again. Could that be what happened? If so, just "switch" to your previous character. If not, no idea ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I.e. if I play a bit as Gorth the Sith lord and save a handful of files and then create Gorth the Jedi Master, I will no longer see the saves of Gorth the Sith lord. If I then get tired of mister goody two shoes, I can switch character with the switch character button and my dark side saves become available again. Could that be what happened? If so, just "switch" to your previous character. If not, no idea ;)

What do you mean "tag"?

What do you mean "tag"?

It knows which saves belongs to which character. I don't have it installed, so I can't show you a screenshot unfortunately. The basic idea is, If I play as abc and save twice, then create a new character qwerty, I can't see abc's save when listing available saves. I can however on one of the menu screens switch between my two charachters, abc and qwerty and select abc again (and so get access to my two saves for abc).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I.e. if I play a bit as Gorth the Sith lord and save a handful of files and then create Gorth the Jedi Master, I will no longer see the saves of Gorth the Sith lord. If I then get tired of mister goody two shoes, I can switch character with the switch character button and my dark side saves become available again. Could that be what happened? If so, just "switch" to your previous character. If not, no idea :ermm:

What do you mean "tag"?

It knows which saves belongs to which character. I don't have it installed, so I can't show you a screenshot unfortunately. The basic idea is, If I play as abc and save twice, then create a new character qwerty, I can't see abc's save when listing available saves. I can however on one of the menu screens switch between my two charachters, abc and qwerty and select abc again (and so get access to my two saves for abc).

I'm afraid it's not that type of problem. >.<

If you're using Vista, you're getting the nice side-effect of the Security center placing savefiles in a different place when not administrator compared to when being the administrator.

Solution would be to return to (non-) administrator to reappear your old saves, or move them over to the folder that's in use instead.

It's been too long for me to remember where they were stored instead, just search for them (hidden files) should work...

EDIT:

Should read, Windows 7. Still it could be the same issue with administrator/not-administrator being placed other places by the security center according to your description.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 2 weeks later...

When on Win 7 a program under a non-admin user attempts to write in restricted folders, like 'Program Folders' the system creates a copy of the file in user-space. The game will see this new file as if it were where it attempted to write it, but for other users this file is invisible.

This 'Virtual store' is located under your userfolder (presumable something like C:\Users\ThatsMe\ ). On my system it looks like: C:\Users\MalaksBane\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves