What you did today

Tale

My norwegian friend was told to bring home a small pile of Butter

Finland's had to cut butter exports because of an unexpected spike in demand. I gotta admit I switched back to butter earlier this year, so I guess I'm partially to blame. I've also lost 12 lbs. since then... :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hubs sister & her husband were visiting from Oregon so we spent a couple afternoons hangin' with them. Miss having them close by. They're still not quite sure if they're going to stay up North permanently or not, depends on work and stuff. If they sell their house here (being rented out at the moment) it'd be pretty hard to move back, I'd guess (house prices would be out of their reach now from when they originally bought). They are not liking the rain, heh.

So much of hubby's family used to be centered where we are, but now they're all up North in various places. We're the last "holdouts." Not that we have any desire to move. Maybe in another 15 years.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, it's been that strange mix of depressive week with some happy counters.

The puppy has been acting up this morning, which gets a little tiring/stressfull when you can't even sit down for that first cup of tea of the day... but working on that now.

And the geek-happy of my shiny CE Tor showing up in the post a few days early, which is kind of nice.

Plotting out how to balance actual work/chores with being sucked-into-game-play time.

And finished organising mom's drugs for the day.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My norwegian friend was told to bring home a small pile of Butter

Finland's had to cut butter exports because of an unexpected spike in demand. I gotta admit I switched back to butter earlier this year, so I guess I'm partially to blame. I've also lost 12 lbs. since then... :thumbsup:

SATW version of events :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Picked up a couple of gift cards today for my boss and dispatcher. They've both treated me extremely well throughout all this. Had someone else write on the envelope To- 'boss/dispatcher' with all my love. signed- 'the name of a tech that they both really hate'. He's been long gone from the company but I still amuse myself as his expense at times. >_< I was just going to throw them on the desks anonymously but decide to do it this way. Over the years I'll make a small donation to some charities that I used to do volunteer work for but I send it in the form of a money order with his name and address on it so he gets on the 'begger's mailing list'. They get their money and I get amusement. It's a win-win. His opinion in all this doesn't count. :thumbsup:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I've decided that anyone that eats Pastrami cold is a criminal that should be jailed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just figured out what I can do to put myself in the Christmas spirit. We've had snow here for a while now. It's not melting as quickly as usual. I'm going to pack a couple of fair sized boxes with snow and then giftwrap them and leave them on my porch as though they were dropped off. Since many in this neighborhood are little more than walking garbage that would steal their mother's fillings, I'll give 'em a means to practice their future vocation. Thought about filling the boxes with dirt or rocks but the ground is still frozen and they might return the rocks through my new windows.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I don't understand the point of butter. It doesn't do anything for me tastewise. Well, there is newly beaked bread but appart from that.

:lol:

Butter is one of my kitchen essentials.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Butter's one of those things where quality is worthwhile. Get good butter, and use sparingly. Far better than margarine by the bucket.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well I woke up halfway through the night for no reason that I was aware of.. managed to get back to sleep. Then had the morning wakeup where I just didn't want to crawl out of bed...

Although the good thing for the day is that my sister has taken the day off work, so hopefully she should be dealing with the dogs...

There's a Danish cooking show you would love Walsh.. Eating with Price.. Following the brothers James and Adam Price.

Do you guys (ie British) still buy Danish butter btw?

It's certainly in the shops. :lol: Although there's so much around

Cookery wise I find I'm becoming more and more like the fabulously drunk

-Elwood Blues

Came in to a barrage of passive agressive emails from our UK Dev lead, probably projecting hostility into it though. The gong show that is my project keeps on keeping on though, but woo is Friday. Also amazing how much of a screwup trying to go to see a movie with 3 friends is, 2 say "well whenever is good for you" and the other has the busiest social life known to Man it seems.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And scratch that. She went out shopping for a dress for a work do. So in that time, the dog managed to get one of the attachements to the vacuum cleaner and chewed it up. :lol:

Came in to a barrage of passive agressive emails from our UK Dev lead, probably projecting hostility into it though. The gong show that is my project keeps on keeping on though, but woo is Friday. Also amazing how much of a screwup trying to go to see a movie with 3 friends is, 2 say "well whenever is good for you" and the other has the busiest social life known to Man it seems.

I smell an app in there somewhere. Something using linear programming. I could certainly use one for meetings.

...By which I mean my social life is simplicity itself. I know where my friends are. They're in the pub. Or at someone's house. Or gone to town. To a pub.

-Elwood Blues

On the subject of butter, and my incipient sore throat, I made an all butter and wholemeal roux as the base for a soup I am now enjoying. Mostly swede, carroway seeds, ground mace, pepper. Lamb stock. bit of carrot for sweetness. small quantity of sausage. Red lentils for unctious weight. Blended up before serving with a dash of dark soy sauce.

Unbelievably good.

-Elwood Blues

Met my ex, her baby and her aunt. Took them to a nice greek restaurant. Probably secret aim was to make said aunt ask her "why did you ever leave that nice young man?" but almost definitely failed. Funny how even at this stage, the chemistry is still there and doesn't even miss a beat even though we haven't seen in six months (and three of those have been with the young gent around). Meh.

OTOH, I've finally met an interesting girl, but all I basically know about her is that she's sweet, feminine, pretty, smart (an economist) and straddles a fine line between quiet & shy and sexy as hell. Couldn't imagine why she'd be interested, but appears to be single so I'll have to at least give it a look. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif