What you did today

Tale

That sounds better than all the groups I got saddled with.

We'd divide stuff up, then when it came time to check with each other, one guy would say he doesn't give a flip and was doing other stuff. With not an ounce of shame or regret. And I blame this specifically for how I got burned out on programming.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished Fallout New Vegas for the first time tonight. That really was a hell of a game. Josh, Chris & Co. really knocked that one out of the park.

I bought a new car to begin restoring. It's a 1969 Plymoth Fury convertable. No engine, no transmission and the wiring has all been ripped out but the frame is not bent and the body is in fair shape. No rust at least. I can't wait to get started.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Deraldin:

:lol:

Thanks Tig. It just that this group seems so much worse in comparison to the group I was in for my other class where everyone showed up to all the meetings, work was done on time and without complaint, and there was no insulting the capabilities of other group members. Why couldn't I have had that group in both classes? All 8 of us were taking both classes anyway. :shifty:

Edited by Deraldin

Well I finally am getting around to writing a new resume and preparing to fill out the job application to join Obsidian. When I reach a library tomorrow I am going to use the peace and quiet to think through everything. Probably fax it before I return to the apartment.

I watched a bit of G4. If only there was a developer interviews only channel for game.s

redacted

Shizzleman, I just transformed from long hair dude to short hair dude. Wanted to get rid of my beard too, but now I figured that would be too much a change for one day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Shizzleman, I just transformed from long hair dude to short hair dude. Wanted to get rid of my beard too, but now I figured that would be too much a change for one day.

maybe you should of put your dizzle in the soviet pencil sharpner for rizzle.

redacted

Well I finally am getting around to writing a new resume and preparing to fill out the job application to join Obsidian. When I reach a library tomorrow I am going to use the peace and quiet to think through everything. Probably fax it before I return to the apartment.

Good luck homie.

Deraldin:

:lol:

Thanks Tig. It just that this group seems so much worse in comparison to the group I was in for my other class where everyone showed up to all the meetings, work was done on time and without complaint, and there was no insulting the capabilities of other group members. Why couldn't I have had that group in both classes? All 8 of us were taking both classes anyway. :grin:

My current group hates me because they came up with a game concept that's tiny but they think it's a lot of work, and when they came up with it and the manager divided the work I said "oh, so we're going to take the easy way out this semester?". Sure enough, they're all hard at work and failing deadlines while I've got until the end of january to space out about five hours worth or work.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Been sidelined today trying to fix my mothers laptop. Strange quirky problems, so the joys of running the basic maintenance to clear those up, then trying to identify exactly what's causing explorer.exe to use 50-60% of the cpu continuously. Although it only does it when logged into her profile.. so I'm guessing there's something glitchy on her user desktop.

The wind is being bitterly cold, hm, and I'm not looking forward to the heavy duty cleanout of the kitty litter later.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Christmas party nearing so have to pick somethings from the menu, assuming we order from the normal menu and don't get some crap picked by the manager. Have a nice dish of ribs, one of the most expensive there too, heh. Generally a lousy day, overall though, haven't seen the sun in 3-4 days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

One of my incarnations was as a psychologist. So when our group project failed we span it into a study on how group projects fail. Got top marks. :grin:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Christmas party nearing so have to pick somethings from the menu, assuming we order from the normal menu and don't get some crap picked by the manager. Have a nice dish of ribs, one of the most expensive there too, heh. Generally a lousy day, overall though, haven't seen the sun in 3-4 days.

As ever, your remarks remind me of something:

"There are many men in London, you know, who, some from shyness, some from misanthropy, have no wish for the company of their fellows. Yet they are not averse to comfortable chairs and the latest periodicals. It is for the convenience of these that the Diogenes Club was started, and it now contains the most unsociable and unclubable men in town. No member is permitted to take the least notice of any other one. Save in the Stranger's Room, no talking is, under any circumstances, allowed, and three offences, if brought to the notice of the committee, render the talker liable to expulsion. My brother was one of the founders, and I have myself found it a very soothing atmosphere."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I finished Fallout New Vegas for the first time tonight. That really was a hell of a game. Josh, Chris & Co. really knocked that one out of the park.

I bought a new car to begin restoring. It's a 1969 Plymoth Fury convertable. No engine, no transmission and the wiring has all been ripped out but the frame is not bent and the body is in fair shape. No rust at least. I can't wait to get started.

Had to look the car up. Nice one, square muscle. Hope that turns out better for you than the last one.

Been sidelined today trying to fix my mothers laptop. Strange quirky problems, so the joys of running the basic maintenance to clear those up, then trying to identify exactly what's causing explorer.exe to use 50-60% of the cpu continuously. Although it only does it when logged into her profile.. so I'm guessing there's something glitchy on her user desktop.

The wind is being bitterly cold, hm, and I'm not looking forward to the heavy duty cleanout of the kitty litter later.

Similar problem with my mom, I lent her my old Blackbook (which had a reinstalled OS from a couple of weeks ago) and four weeks into her 6 week work trip the thing just went bananas again. Trying to troubleshoot with my computer illiterate mother (she's an astonishing person, she can do an excellent powerpoint presentation, scan and manipulate quite well in photoshop, yet copying files from one folder to another can give her problems). Well, happily one of her former employees set her up with a nice Sony for the rest of the trip, too bad about good old Acheron, he seems to have finally left us after running practically 24/7 for 4 years. :lol:

Meanwhile one girl at work doesn't seem too averse to my company. Big glasses and hipster band shirt kind of girl - until she showed up in 5" heels and a micro skirt today. I had a cartoon character eye-bulge and nearly walked into a door. Suddenly feel like going back on my "no co-workers, NEVER" rule. Which would be stupid. :grin:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Losing my mind watching ice-hockey. Nothing new there, but I just love it how everyone is allowed to take cheapshots against my teams star players with penalties or getting their *** kicked by some goon.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Feeling increasingly as if I'm witnessing a gigantic 'Big Bug Out' of everything from companies to universities.

WHAT THE SPIRALLING FUNT IS GOING ON? SORT IT OUT, BOFFINS!

-Elwood Blues

Laughing like hell at the football teams from Manchester, right now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Received my Roger Waters tickets in the mail today. Nearly two hundred dollars extra in shipping-handling-scalpers fees. Oh well...they're good tickets and I probably wouldn't have gotten them myself had I tried through the regular ticket outlet. Very much looking forward to the show.

Still somewhat sick with my cold and my hair is now growing in white. :o

Don't know if it is due to the chemo or the surgery trauma. Kinda gives me that 'distinguished old f**ker' look though. :down: At least until they hear me open my mouth. ( God, I wish I was on that flight with that s**t-stain Alec Baldwin )

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Received my Roger Waters tickets in the mail today. Nearly two hundred dollars extra in shipping-handling-scalpers fees. Oh well...they're good tickets and I probably wouldn't have gotten them myself had I tried through the regular ticket outlet. Very much looking forward to the show.

Still somewhat sick with my cold and my hair is now growing in white. :lol:

Don't know if it is due to the chemo or the surgery trauma. Kinda gives me that 'distinguished old f**ker' look though. o:) At least until they hear me open my mouth. ( God, I wish I was on that flight with that s**t-stain Alec Baldwin )

So, you'll end up looking like Roger Waters... such a fanboi :o

Shame about the price, but good work on getting the tickets. Opportunities are there to be grabbed :down:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Laughing like hell at the football teams from Manchester, right now.

Indeed. As an Arsenal fan I wasn't expecting us to do better than them at anything this season, but hey. :o

I'm continuing on my path of reacquainting myself with vegetables that I thought I didn't like. This time, it's cauliflower. As a kid, it was prepared one way: steamed (sometimes topped with slices of American cheese). Steamed cauliflower is not good. I am discovering, however, that cauliflower that has been tossed in olive oil, with a little balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of salt, and then roasted (about 400F for 30+ minutes) is excellent. I could seriously eat a whole head of the stuff in one sitting. (Next experiment: Replace that olive oil with bacon grease.)

Also: one frustrating thing about having a new home-assembled computer is that it makes you hyper sensitive to any kind of tiny little sound that any of the fans make. Additionally, this is my first experience with computer that has an SSD as the system HD. When the spinning-disc drive I have for storage actually goes into action, my first reaction is always "WTF is making that NOISE??!"

Edited by Enoch

I heartily recommend Cauliflower Soup as well, jest blend it and season to taste. It has a great texture.

Both my kids have nasty coughs. They started about two weeks ago. I took my daughter to the doctors office for the second time because she had a bit of a temperature, but the doctor said to just hydrate, drink tea, and keep using the humidifier. I hope the get past it soon.

Cauliflower with cheese ?!?

Sheesh guys, I mean I love cauliflower and I love cheese, but I would not imagine it going very well together. What's next, Cauliflower with vegemite? :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sheesh guys, I mean I love cauliflower and I love cheese, but I would not imagine it going very well together. What's next, Cauliflower with vegemite? :x

Not only that, but American cheese is barely cheese at all!

Judging by my relatives, the 1940s-1990s were a dark, dark time for the cooking of vegetables in America. The predominant logic seems to have been to cook it all into a uniform grey mush, and then eat it "because it's good for you"!

I'm continuing on my path of reacquainting myself with vegetables that I thought I didn't like. This time, it's cauliflower. As a kid, it was prepared one way: steamed (sometimes topped with slices of American cheese). Steamed cauliflower is not good. I am discovering, however, that cauliflower that has been tossed in olive oil, with a little balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of salt, and then roasted (about 400F for 30+ minutes) is excellent. I could seriously eat a whole head of the stuff in one sitting. (Next experiment: Replace that olive oil with bacon grease.)

You can also add a lil' bit garlic and chili with the olive oil, yummy.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, I sprinkle in some romano cheese in the soup, but that's probably a bit different.

American is really only good on a burger. And even then there are better choices.

Think of the creamy cheese sauce in mac and cheese, but cooked around cauliflower..

Was woken up really early by a wet dogs nose being jabbed into my face. Managed to doze off to sleep again, but had some strange dreams. Woke up from that feeling strangely depressed.

Keep having short moments of thunder in the background, so mayhaps a storm moving inwards.

And I've got to delve into the depths of the attic at some point and recover the decorations.

I don't know why, I'm just not in the christmas mood yet. It's more "task task task to juggle" then christmas spirit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."