Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gorth

Doesn't work. It either clears both hands or swaps the weapon back to the right hand.

a little late and you might have figured it out.. but right and left clicking in the favorite and menu places spells or weapons in that hand - so you should be able to right click for your right handed weapon and left click for your lefthanded.

Fortune favors the bald.

What is it about Bethesda games that makes me a violent sociopath?

During a quest to clean out a Hall of the Dead, a woman came up to me, told me a was a cannibal in denial, and asked me with help cleaning out a Shrine of Nimora that's filled with undead. So I say, "Okay!" After cleaning out the Shrine, she asked me to grab a priest of Arkay and bring him to the Shrine to nom on. So I say, "Okay!"

Then I slaughter him and dine on his corpse. Nimora gives me a verbal high-five and a ring that lets be nom on any fresh body.

It's strange. In other games, I adhere to goodness and righteousness like a tick on a dog. And it's not wish fulfillment as I have no desire to eat people in the real world.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, when you dined on his corpse, there's no consequences at all, is there?

Whereas if you don't, you have an uncompleted quest staring at you. All the time. WILLING YOU TO EAT.

TES is probably what would happen in the first ever VR games - everyone just goes around killing & raping.

Well, all Daedra save Meridia, Sanguine, Azura and maybe Sheogorath, Malacath and Peryite are pure evil. What do you expect?

Not to mention in Namira's quest, you can choose to save the priest and kill the worshippers, with the consequence that a shopkeeper in Markarth will go missing.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Swearing Mudcrab :blink:

Tonight I finally completed the companions' questline, I was a bit let down really, not much confirmation of your actions and the quests were mostly pushovers, I'm guessing they put them in Whiterun for starter characters, I should have ploughed through it as soon as I got there.

On the other hand I also finished the Gauldur amulet quest and it rocked, lots of challenging fights and cool locations.

Edited by WDeranged

Not to mention in Namira's quest, you can choose to save the priest and kill the worshippers, with the consequence that a shopkeeper in Markarth will go missing.

Oooh, I did not know that. I just killed her the moment she told me to kill the priest.

But everyone seems to think I'm Namira's Champion anyway. The shopkeep had the option to say that I saw her at the banquet that never occured due to me killing the host. And some random encounter guy who was about to dine on a High Elf has a new home in a black soul gem. He thought I'd join in!

Crazy people out there.

Dear psychotic and apathetic "I'm just doing my job" denizens of Skyrim. I am not your friend. I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman! With swords. And lightning bolts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I only eat bad people. I think that's fair.

One thing I'll say: The Daedra know the value of a personal touch. Every one of them has communicated with me directly. Several of them have whipped out the special FX. Meridia hoisted me half a mile up in the air as she yelled at me through a ball of light.

The Aedra/Divines can't be bothered. Not a single one has so much has said 'thanks' when I helped them or their worshipers out. No aspersions. No acknowledgment or cool weapons.

Divines = CEO of a big business who just thinks of customers as figures.

Daedra = Small business owner who deals with their clients personally.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I only eat bad people. I think that's fair.

One thing I'll say: The Daedra know the value of a personal touch. Every one of them has communicated with me directly. Several of them have whipped out the special FX. Meridia hoisted me half a mile up in the air as she yelled at me through a ball of light.

The Aedra/Divines can't be bothered. Not a single one has so much has said 'thanks' when I helped them or their worshipers out. No aspersions. No acknowledgment or cool weapons.

Divines = CEO of a big business who just thinks of customers as figures.

Daedra = Small business owner who deals with their clients personally.

ROFL

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You do get a permanent boon from both Mara and Dibella after doing their quests.

Well, when you dined on his corpse, there's no consequences at all, is there?

That and, as you've mentioned before, the characters aren't really someone you feel bad about murdering.. It's strange, 'cause in NV there's not really a consequence either, but in that game I really tried hard to always think ahead and weigh my decisions based on their impact on the whole or individuals. There's just something about Bethesda (and Rockstar) games that make me go all Leeeeeeroy Jenkins - not a criticism though, that kinda playstyle can be fun and liberating.

Edit: Interestingly, I have 2 friends who are always complete **** in RPG (both game and tabletop) and they tell me that they are actually a lot nicer when playing Skyrim.. hmm..

Fortune favors the bald.

Backstabbed a dragon today. It didn't seem to realize what happened because it immediately took flight, circled around, crashed, THEN died.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Matt Barton rips Skyrim a new one, I disagree with most of points he tries to make but I usually respect his opinion, apparently the Elder Scrolls would be better without books, looting, crafting, alchemy, bartering and practically every other system available.

Strangely I found myself agreeing with his point about the soundtrack, eerie 70's Moog sounds would suit the misty mountains quite well :blink:

I'm really getting sick of unkillable NPCs.

I can't kill any Jarl and corresponding house carl, I can't kill Maven Black-Briar (though I killed her son in front of her), I can't kill her son in the jail, I can't take out the Thieves Guild, let alone Delphine. All because I need to follow Bethesda's linear little storylines.

My goal for this evening is to clear out the 30 odd Miscellaneous quests I have. It's gotten to the point I avoid conversations with random NPCs for fear of getting a new quest.

I'm really getting sick of unkillable NPCs.

I can't kill any Jarl and corresponding house carl, I can't kill Maven Black-Briar (though I killed her son in front of her), I can't kill her son in the jail, I can't take out the Thieves Guild, let alone Delphine. All because I need to follow Bethesda's linear little storylines.

And it's people you have every reason to want dead. That's what annoys me. As a loyal citizen of the Empire, I should want to kill Ulfric Stormcloak. Especially when I go to the Thalmor embassy and learn their plans.

Edited by Maria Caliban

I only eat bad people.

I've heard about some people leaving a bad taste in your mouth... :thumbsup:

For somebody who hasn't played it, does it compare to anything I'm familiar with? Closest things I can think of would be Witcher 2, Fallout 3 and Oblivion which I tried out a very long time ago (on an xbox, so no mods). The action parts of Witcher 2 sucked and Oblivions story/characters (and level scaling) was a major turn off, yet despite it's warts and all, FO3 had some good qualities. Enough to keep me playing for lots of hours anyway. Just trying to make up my mind if the game would be something that catches my interest enough to keep playing.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you haven't played Morrowind - think FO3 with less story (both quantitatively & qualitatively), zero characters, lot bigger world, lots of things to do, in big fat fantasy world.

I like big worlds and lots of things to do... was part of the charm of the BG's too. I might just get the game some day. Need to finish FO:NV first though, which in itself looks like becoming a Christmas project with my current schedule :thumbsup:

Like FO3 and FO:NV I'll probably end up playing it when everybody else has finished it a handful of times and moved on ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Feeling like my first playthrough has gone over the hill. Level 34 now, but the slower leveling mod is a bit broken in that after ~25 it slows down so it takes forever. I'm finding that there aren't too many quests and locations popping up, just some of the major ones left. I'm sure I've missed a lot but I don't intend to hunt down everything - I'll finish the Dark Brotherhood, the Stormcloaks, then restart as a melee fighter with the Empire and see if I want to finish the MQ that way.