Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gorth

The Skyrim quests make me feel dirty.

I'm not far into it yet but I quite like the dirty aspect, they're not quite the Thieves Guild of old, they've had to make some concessions in order to survive but I suppose the questline involves getting them back on top.

for some reason, enemy mages are the most dangerous thing i've been encountering, it just takes two or three spells to wipe out my character (with his heavy armor and 300 health...) i can take two hits from a giant, but only 3 spells from a high level mage...

Give them a cup of FUS-RO-DAH.

Yeah, mages were raping me with fire until I remembered I had all these dragon powers, they can still be tricky but knocking them down and hacking them to pieces on the ground seems to be working well.

How's the main quest line? I've heard that it's Bethesda's best story so far. Also, how much of it is devoted to the civil war? Honestly, I find that plot to be far more interesting than dragons.

It lacks the nuances of Morrowind and its wacky lore (which, to be fair, was mostly relegated to the books), but I must say it's pretty decent. Nothing to write home about, but a nice fantasy romp with well-placed setpieces and twists.

EDIT: Note that I haven't quite finished it yet though so maybe my judgment will change after the last 1-2 quests.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I still don't have a good way of handling more than one cave bear or snow bear. In fact, even one is trouble.

I've just found the mysterious forge thing below

Mage Guild

though, and it looks like I might be able to mix up a tome for frost/storm atronach, which should help.

I played a bit of the game. Probably an hour and a half over the weekend. I did the tutorial and then the dungeon associated with some golden claw quest. Not too bad. I created a high elf mage who is specializing in destructive magic at the moment. I don't really care about summoning creatures or controlling undead. If, like Morrowind, we can actually fly, I'll do whatever it takes to learn flying spells. If not, I'll probably go a destruction/restoration hybrid until those are specialized and then get into some real crafting and enchanting.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

No levitation I'm afraid :(

I played about five hours tonight, did a few dungeons, screwed over the brewery and the Thalmor embassy was cool, I'm still somewhat in awe of the dungeons, I love all the little notes and NPC banter.

I'm going to attempt a break from it soon, my savefile has two and a half days logged, the game has barely been out a week. :shifty:

Dragons ate my PC. :shifty:

I was playing today and it died. All signs point to the motherboard. I'll have things up and running again on my previous board and CPU when I find or buy some thermal compound. Until then, no more dragon hunting for me.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Dragons ate my PC. :shifty:

I was playing today and it died. All signs point to the motherboard. I'll have things up and running again on my previous board and CPU when I find or buy some thermal compound. Until then, no more dragon hunting for me.

So it's not just my brain suffering Skyrim burnout then :(

My new character feels a bit overpowered. I've enchanted 75% mana reduction on my Orcish Armor (Flawless). It just seems a bit overkill for level 22.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That's mana regen. Which doesn't seem to work in combat.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, finished what I set out to do with this character/what I found interesting. Main quest, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood as far as the main questlines go, plus most of the Daedric ones and obviously a few random ones here and there.

Liked the game a fair bit, a good entry in the TES series definitely. A bit disappointed in the actual quests this time around though, especially the Dark Brotherhood and TG were pretty disappointing to me. The most positive aspect of the game is the beautiful world, with lots of good lore to uncover. And the fact that I don't groan each time I have to go inside a dungeon.

Still, did feel a bit of that fatigue I often in these games towards the end... When you've seen most of the world, the interest in travelling it lessens it. And so I zip around the world with fast-travel, "mopping up" the quests. As soon as I get tired of the travelling, the game also takes a bit of a nosedive.

Still, money well spent and Bethesda stepped up their game from Oblivion which was great to see.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Still, money well spent and Bethesda stepped up their game from Oblivion which was great to see.

I agree.. So far their main weakness is story, but they are getting much better at it (I feel like maybe they've learned a little from Obsidian :)).

Fortune favors the bald.

I agree.. So far their main weakness is story, but they are getting much better at it (I feel like maybe they've learned a little from Obsidian :)).

Yeah I feel the same way, I often get a New Vegas vibe, mostly in how logically the world is laid out and the way the factions push against each other, Bethesda really tried hard this time.

*edit*

Awesome Shield :)

Edited by WDeranged

I've barely scratched the surface of the game, but it has quite a bit of New Vegas feel to it already. I don't think that's a bad thing, though. I like the way they've taken some of the interface ideas from both FO3 and NV and improved on the Elder Scroll ideas. I still prefer the skill system in Fallout, but I enjoy the way TES work also. The only thing is that it's so much of a sandbox, getting started and making real headway in skills such as alchemy and enchanting and the like can be quite daunting.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!