Mars, Baby.

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8...k-on-Earth.html

What kind of evil mother ****er has the press conference indoors? Let the buggers at least go outside!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They may not be ready to go outside. They may be light sensitive and with some funky reactions to airborne particles.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

18 months in what is basically a Russian prison. What was this mission called, Operation Gulag?

That was my thought too, how is this any different from prison? Actually, it probably wasnt much different than an apartment without windows. They could have saved a fortune just interviewing prisoners, most of which have spent YEARS in a similar living conditions.

It would have been hysterical had they cracked the seal and found one fat dude and five picked-over sets of bones.

They were testing the social stresses on those five people for that long because that's how it'd be to actually get there. They've aborted previous attempts because being in such confined quarters causes inevitable friction which reached the breaking point. Seriously, you guys compare it to a prison, but that's what they'll be on for 18 months before they get to mars.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It would have been hysterical had they cracked the seal and found one fat dude and five picked-over sets of bones.

They should totally have prepped that. :)

I have tremendous respect for the poor sods. Locked up in a lunchbox for so long, and they can't even say they went anywhere. In some ways a bigger sacrifice than those who actually go into space. And essential for future missions, so I understand. They had to study how they'd react to one another, manage their diet, and get them to perform tests etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.