FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Except it does thing like changing the faces to match more the concept art and other stuff. It ain't a patch, Lexx.

You don't need to use these parts. I am not using them either.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonFader/statu...365398093701120

Just accepted the IGA award for best DLC. No big :-P

:)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Getting mildly annoyed at the moment. Started the Honest Hearts DLC. But now I've found any save I make, if I try to reload the game hangs.. and hangs... and hangs.

I literally have to ctrl-alt-del, and log off to get anywhere.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Getting mildly annoyed at the moment. Started the Honest Hearts DLC. But now I've found any save I make, if I try to reload the game hangs.. and hangs... and hangs.

I literally have to ctrl-alt-del, and log off to get anywhere.

Fixed yet?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

Sawyer's F:NV mod is out

Do you have any idea of when the mod will be available?

Happy Kwanzaa!

http://diogenes-lamp.info/jsawyer_fnv_mod.zip

Can I have the link to download your mod?

It's not done yet, but when I'm done, anyone can download it. It's mostly general balance adjustments I couldn't do for various technical/time reasons, plus some general "make the Hardcore game harder" adjustments. I've made a couple hundred adjustments, but the most significant are probably:

* Max level with all DLCs installed is 35.

* XP rate is halved.

* Base player health is quartered and level-gained health is reduced by 25%.

* Base Carry Weight from 150 to 50 (related perks/things have also been adjusted).

* Energy Weapon ammo weighs less than its nearest equivalent Guns ammo.

* Energy Weapon durability is in the same ballpark as Guns durability.

* Medium Armor has a small amount of DR proportional to its DT.

* Heavy Armor has even more DR proportional to its DT.

* Power Armor does not require a perk, but if you have the perk, the weight of the armor is essentially negated.

* Karma/Alignment values adjusted all over.

* H2O/FOD/SLP rates doubled, but the first threshold is moved from 200 to 400 (statuses roll over ever 150 after).

* Water and Food drop rates on NPCs is dramatically lower. It is difficult to stay out of Dehydration/Starvation by looting enemies.

* Water/Nuka-Cola/Sunset Sarsaparilla heal much less, but now all restore H2O (alcohols will as well, but at lowered values).

* Default Stimpaks are uncommon. A new variant, Stimpak, Expired is the default. It is not that great.

* The player's Workbench recipe now makes Stimpak, Homemade. It is better than Expired, worse than default Stimpaks, and has the PE penalty from Healing Powder.

* All Stimpaks have weight.

* Pre-Order items have been adjusted to be more well-balanced and not worth that much if you rush to Chet's to trade them in.

* A bunch of fixes I couldn't make during development because of load order conflicts, time, etc. E.g.: Automatic Rifle spread re-adjustment, putting the Police Pistol on the Cowboy List, Bozar on Grunt, Junk Rounds are now actual ammo variants you can make, etc.

* Some other stuff.

It requires a load order manager (must load after all retail .esms) and every single DLC, including GRA and the pre-order packs.

Do I need all DLC in order for your mod to work properly? I have all DLC except Dead money and Honest Hearts

Yes.

out of curiosity, how did you adjust the karma and alignment rates in your mod?

So far:

* fKarmaModKillingEvilActor from 100 to 5

* fKarmaModKillingVeryEvilActor from 2 to 30

* All (known) Feral Ghouls set to Neutral alignment

* Colonel Moore Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil

* Colonel Hsu Alignment changed from Neutral to Good

* Dam Centurion Alignments changed from Evil to Neutral

* Doctor Usanagi Alignment changed to Very Good

* Dixon Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil

* Jean-Baptiste Cutting Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil

* Gloria Van Graff Alignment changed from Neutral to Very Evil

* Alice McLafferty Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil

* Alice McBride Alignment changed from Neutral to Good

* Squatter Alignments changed from Neutral to Good

* The King's Alignment changed from Neutral to Good

* Contreras' Alignment changed from Neutral to Evil

* Westside Citizens and Militia Alignments changed from Neutral to Good

* Gomorrah Prostitutes Alignments changed from Neutral to Good

* 1E Junkies' Alignments changed from Neutral to Good

* Michelle and Samuel's Alignments changed from Neutral to Good

Edited by funcroc

Tangent from that link

Fresh ideas are synthesized out of disparate experiences. The reason why so much "creative" content isn't creative is because it's made by people who ingest from, and then regurgitate back into, the same stale stream of ideas.

That... makes so much sense.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why are the prostitutes good aligned?

-Elwood Blues

Because, like most of the general townsfolk, the player should probably earn negative karma for killing them. They almost invariably cower when combat breaks out, so a player who kills them is more-or-less executing them or spraying areas with a kill-'em-all attitude.

Makes sense. Nice thinking.

-Elwood Blues

• 3 weeks later...
Liked the comment that said F3 had the more/better apocalyptic feeling. :(

It's.. kind of true. Fallout 3 has a much more "ruined" and stereotypically post-apocalyptic setting, while Obsidian went (these are Josh's words, not mine!) for a "post-post-apocalyptic" feeling. Also, Bethesda had the benefit of not reusing assets, knowing the tools better and having a decade's worth of experience in building open worlds, and.. it kind of showed compared to New Vegas.

Liked the comment that said F3 had the more/better apocalyptic feeling. :(

It's.. kind of true. Fallout 3 has a much more "ruined" and stereotypically post-apocalyptic setting, while Obsidian went (these are Josh's words, not mine!) for a "post-post-apocalyptic" feeling. Also, Bethesda had the benefit of not reusing assets, knowing the tools better and having a decade's worth of experience in building open worlds, and.. it kind of showed compared to New Vegas.

I know, it's the fact that the guy "missed" the point that I found a bit funny.

I mean, the first FO already did the whole "Wowie, a post-apocalypse!"introduction to the setting, whereas 2 and NV (and Tactics to a degree I think too) were more about progression away from the ashes (the post-post apocalypse). So what I'm saying is, FO3 is the odd one out.

Not to say that Beth didn't have good reason to reset the clock, so to speak, but it's funny how Obs "missed" the apocalyptic feel when it's Beth that didn't "get" what Fallout has been about. :)