FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Ultimate Edition

Of course they announce this after I bought all of the DLCs.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ultimate Edition

Of course they announce this after I bought all of the DLCs.

My life took a crazy turn right after New Vegas came out and I had less and less time so I only picked up one of the xpacs before I basically couldn't play any computer games. In a way I was kind of lucky in that I can get a lot of new content. I know I might be better off getting the dlc independently, but I don't mind making another purchase. My wife has had fun playing PS:T with me, slowly to be sure, but still having fun. She might really enjoy New Vegas also, and it has to look a million times better high def than PS:T does.

I'm just glad it's coming out on PC.

As far as achievements go, I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I actually got all the achievement for Portal. Great game. In a lot of ways, I liked it better than Portal 2, although on balance I think the sequel advanced the franchise nicely. I didn't really pay attention to the achievements for New Vegas. They're kind of cool, but a bit like dessert. I'm a steak and potatoes sort of player. Dessert is nice, but by and large meanigless if the meal sucks.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

MCA tweeted this review of FO:NV's DLCs. It's very different from other reviews. Quite an interesting read.

"Different" would be an understatement. Nice find :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That review was actually very good.. It's good to see that s/he took the time to delve into the underlying themes and explore/analyse the meaning of the world and connections.

It goes to show that a game can be as meaningful as a good book and not just mindless entertainment.

Fortune favors the bald.

I had problems with the vanilla game (constant crashes after going deep in the main story), and it got worse with the first DLC. But after then it's been rock solid for me, with only two or three crashes for the last 50-100 hours.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Old World Blues got nominated for a VGA. Go vote people!

Vote where?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Old World Blues got nominated for a VGA. Go vote people!

Vote where?

Here.

I've done my part. :)

Voted. Done my part :skeptical:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lonesome Road should be on there. Old World Blues was meh.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It had its moments... bhut frankly I'd have preferred Old World Blues to have been darker as was implied in Dead Money. But then, we wouldn't have had all the knob gags. And I would not have hurt myself laughing.

Voted.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost willing to bet a beer, that the Outta Space persons and the little comments regarding them are from the Aliens game :lol:

I'm watching New Vegas download and wondering what mods are the most popular around here, Project Nevada is almost certainly going to be installed but don't want to screw around with the balance too much, especially considering how much the Gun Runners' arsenal adds.

I'm mostly curious which bug fix project is the most complete and well maintained, the unofficial Fallout 3 patch actually gave me way more crashes so I'm worried about something similar happening in New Vegas.