Grand Theft Auto 5

Bokishi

I just watched the Saints Row the Third trailer. Is it just supposed to be GTA set to 11? I mean, a sexual toy bat? C'mon.

They tend to pull the "ridiculous" levels for the stupid-fun.

I mean, look at the Professor Genki tv show that's set in Saints Row.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Only one thinking trailer is borish?

Definitely doesn't make me want it, especially after the GTA IV debacle, sucking the fun out of GTA.

And it looks like they want to go even further here. Though maybe that's the wrong impression. Sure hope so...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Definitely doesn't make me want it, especially after the GTA IV debacle, sucking the fun out of GTA.

GTA IV was the only good GTA game. Not sure what you mean with "debacle" and "sucking the fun out of GTA".

But I see there are people out there who enjoy cheap rip-off trash like Saints Row and think that is fun.

Oh well...

Edited by Morgoth

And it looks like they want to go even further here. Though maybe that's the wrong impression. Sure hope so...

Considering GTA IV's trailer was all about Nico hoping for a new, better life, whereas GTA V is The Guy describing his american dream then ends the trailer snarking "yeah right"... I don't see how it's serious, let alone more serious than 4.

And the music was more laid back too.

Yup, am the same. Eagerly awaiting Saints Row 3.

Edited by C2B

GTA IV was the only good GTA game. Not sure what you mean with "debacle" and "sucking the fun out of GTA".

Making the driving more realistic, and thus less fun. Making insane stunts and persuits was one of the funniest things in the III series. In IV? Not so much.

Same with gun firing and random killing.

So, less fun driving and less fun killing. Don't know about you, but that kind of describes GTA to me. Hence the lack of fun in GTA IV.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You forgot to mention those whiny 'friends' that kept calling you to take them everywhere. God, I hope they skipped that idea in GTA5.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You forgot to mention those whiny 'friends' that kept calling you to take them everywhere. God, I hope they skipped that idea in GTA5.

I'd guess they did given that it's disappeared in the two expansions of IV (which got progressively more off the wall too). They actually examine their criticisms and usually take that and build upon it.

It seems like GTA and Saints Row are going to take the two different routs. GTA is gonna be a bit more realistic in terms of cars and such, but SR is just gonna go balls to the walls insanity and unrealistic.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Making the driving more realistic, and thus less fun. Making insane stunts and persuits was one of the funniest things in the III series. In IV? Not so much.

So, less fun driving and less fun killing. Don't know about you, but that kind of describes GTA to me. Hence the lack of fun in GTA IV.

I don't know about you, but fun combined with realism is not a contradiction.

Sure, if you're stuck in a wasteland and think you have to find water and drink every 10 min lest your character gets dead, then that kind of realism is not fun.

But having really cool driving physics that just feels "right" (i.e. realistic), dealing with characters that you can have empathy with (i.e. not the "fun" bat**** insane moron type a'la Saints Row), then I endorse this kind of movement to more realism.

But whatever mang, whatever.

Edited by Morgoth

I'm supposed to feel empathy towards those cardboard cutouts?

YES, a million times this.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

To me, it wasn't the realism that made GTAIV less fun than the previous installments (Vice City still being my favorite, primarily for its amazing atmosphere). The driving I got used to, and the shooting I thought was greatly improved. I can't quite put my finger on it though, but after the story was done, I had zero incentive to keep playing GTAIV, as opposed to the other ones.

It was the stuff to do on the side that made other GTA's so memorable. I remember spending hours doing insane stunts with the motorcycle in Vice City's airport, hours of doing bike tricks and flying around in San Andreas.

Also, MUST REINTRODUCE REAL ESTATE.

Edited by Pope

Personally I can't understand why this bothered so many players. I mean "friend activities" are optional. You could say no, hung up right away or refuse to answer (my fav real-life thing to do o:) ) . In expansion you could just turn off the whole feature.

I answered calls for roleplaying purposes, to learn more about the characters and generally enjoy well written (and funny) dialogue between Nico and NPCs. I actually always took the long route around the town just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Same with radio station talk shows and TV shows :sorcerer:

Rockstar deserves Big Boss dual eye-patch double salute!

2cpye14.jpg

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Well, "empathy" maybe's not the right word, but you get their motivation.

Their badly written, illogical compared to their actual actions motivations?

And Saints Row is better written than GTA for various reasons. (IMO) (Of course none of the two is really deep)

Edited by C2B

Personally I can't understand why this bothered so many players. I mean "friend activities" are optional. You could say no, hung up right away or refuse to answer (my fav real-life thing to do :sorcerer: ) . In expansion you could just turn off the whole feature.

It's just too bad they wouldn't understand 'no' and keep trying.

There is a point were trying to push an 'optional' content onto a player becomes a major annoyance.