Major Gamepade Local Co-Op Problems

dev1ance

Question

So before the first update we could play the game fine using Keyboard and Mouse + Xbox 360 Controller.

After we got the update this made it to where if you check gamepad support then it makes the first player use the controller and the mouse/kb doesn't do anything at all.

If you leave gamepad support unchecked then I can no longer press start on the controller to join in the local game.

So we decided to get another controller, now we can both join in on controllers, but can do no controller mapping whatsoever so we miss out on the in game things such as the gold quest guide path that comes up which makes the game really hard to follow quests, etc. (Also when using 2 controllers the keyboard goes inoperable.)

Thus rendering us with another controller and the Treasures DLC useless.

I just want to be able to enjoy the new DLC with my friend. We beat the game together and do not want to play solo.

Is there any updates coming to fix this? Any suggestions? Anything at all to help..... We've tried everything.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I am also having this issue (and joined here specifically to ask about it). Is there any way at all (AFTER the new update) to play co-op with Player 1 on Keyboard/Mouse and Player 2 on a gamepad? (I'd even take both players on 2 keyboards if that's what it takes. :p) I can get nothing working - it's hugely disappointing. I was really looking forward to playing co-op with my father.

I tried both proposed solutions to no avail; I unplugged the controller, loaded a game, plugged the controller in, but the game didn't see the controller; I unchecked 'Gamepad Support', loaded a game, and then hit start on my controller, but nothing happens. The game plays fine with a controller in single-player.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

(I am using a PS3 DualShock with MotioninJoy to emulate a 360 controller)

• Like 1

Me and my wife were going to play DS3 on my PC today. I have only one 360 gamepad and do not want to buy another for a single game... Results? After nearly 4 hours of my attempts to solve this puzzle I nearly cracked my own brain, and nothing more =\. So I have a question for Obsidian's team - What should I do? Is there any sense in waiting when you fix this, or should I buy another gamepad for your single game? Or maybe a new, more powerful PC for my wife? Or should I download an old (not patched with control-fixing patch) DS3 game with pirate crack?

• Like 1

Me and my wife were going to play DS3 on my PC today. I have only one 360 gamepad and do not want to buy another for a single game... Results? After nearly 4 hours of my attempts to solve this puzzle I nearly cracked my own brain, and nothing more =\. So I have a question for Obsidian's team - What should I do? Is there any sense in waiting when you fix this, or should I buy another gamepad for your single game? Or maybe a new, more powerful PC for my wife? Or should I download an old (not patched with control-fixing patch) DS3 game with pirate crack?

That's definitely an option i'm considering. It's possible to remap keys with an external program. I've gotten no response about this issue on the steam forums either.

Something tells me, that it will be not so easy, to buy this controllers in Russia :). Though there are many another controllers of suc ah price, but I still do not want to buy another gamepad for just a single badly-supported game.