Is hardcore arena battle still broken?

What do you mean by 'arena battle'?

As for the first Jayne Kassynder fight, there's nothing that insta-kills you, though her attacks do a lot of damage and it's hard to keep track of all the projectiles in the chaos.

Edit: well, maybe it's a DLC thing... I haven't got mine yet.

As for the first Jayne Kassynder fight, there's nothing that insta-kills you, though her attacks do a lot of damage and it's hard to keep track of all the projectiles in the chaos.

The attack where Jeyne throws her spear is very, very vicious though, I wonder if that's what we're talking about. It's really hard to take it (seriously, Jeyne's aim is terrible) but when you do, the damage taken is obscene!

Oh, so you were talking about the same battle.

You could have a unique bug, but it's more likely that you're getting hit by her spear attacks but with all the enemies and projectiles around you're not noticing. There's also the pillar of fire attack that is hard to see when you're surrounded that does a ton of damage, and from memory, two different types of spear throwing. They could one-shot you depending on your current HP/defenses - and in most cases in that battle, you're getting hit by someone every half a second, so that adds up.

Are you genuinely not getting hit by anything, i.e. far away from mobs and with no projectiles at all?

Oh, so you were talking about the same battle.

You could have a unique bug, but it's more likely that you're getting hit by her spear attacks but with all the enemies and projectiles around you're not noticing.

When in five playthroughs on hardcore I don't die once and once I get into that battle I die 50 times and am completely incapable of beating it on hardcore it means the battle/special attack damage setting is broken.

Are you saying that you only got this problem after downloading the DLC?

On hardcore I used to get one-shotted because I completely neglected my Stamina, with 3000+ HP I only get 2-shotted. :p

Haven't retried that battle after installing Treasure of the Sun. Going to try it out tonight. I know that the fight on top of the tower was a lot harder for me.