Treasures of the Sun for PS3

I downloaded the Treasures of the Sun DLC from the playstation network, and then installed the DLC from the playstation main menu. When I enter the game and click on the "Downloaded Content" item in the main menu the game says "There is no downloadable content installed." I've tried a number of things to get this to work. I uninstalled the Dungeon Siege 3 game from my Playstation and then reinstalled DS3, re-downloaded the DLC, and reinstalled the DLC....still no luck. I can't seem to find any information on the internet about this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to get this to work?

I downloaded the Treasures of the Sun DLC from the playstation network, and then installed the DLC from the playstation main menu. When I enter the game and click on the "Downloaded Content" item in the main menu the game says "There is no downloadable content installed." I've tried a number of things to get this to work. I uninstalled the Dungeon Siege 3 game from my Playstation and then reinstalled DS3, re-downloaded the DLC, and reinstalled the DLC....still no luck. I can't seem to find any information on the internet about this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to get this to work?

Did you install the latest patch (1.03 I think) before installing the DLC?

I think so...I have the playstation set to automatic updates, so I'm presuming I'm working with the latest patch.

I think so...I have the playstation set to automatic updates, so I'm presuming I'm working with the latest patch.

Yes I have the latest patch (1.03)

:(

According to the PS3trophies.com forums other people can access it so this seems to be a specific issue.

Try to PM Adam Brennecke on the issue. Don't expect an answer before monday of course.

I have a PS3 and I had no problem with this DLC...I believe this is a dumb question but did you enter the game? I mean did you not get DLC Tutorial when you created a new character? Since I installed this DLC I did not logged to PSN so I have no idea if it appears in the DLC section ( in-game ) but then again I say that for me it worked.

:lol:

According to the PS3trophies.com forums other people can access it so this seems to be a specific issue.

Try to PM Adam Brennecke on the issue. Don't expect an answer before monday of course.

Thanks for your help...it does seem like this issue is unique to me.

I have a PS3 and I had no problem with this DLC...I believe this is a dumb question but did you enter the game? I mean did you not get DLC Tutorial when you created a new character? Since I installed this DLC I did not logged to PSN so I have no idea if it appears in the DLC section ( in-game ) but then again I say that for me it worked.

Yes...I've tried entering the game through a number of different saves, at many different parts of the game. When I start a new character I do not get a DLC Tutorial.

Yes...I've tried entering the game through a number of different saves, at many different parts of the game. When I start a new character I do not get a DLC Tutorial.

I'm having the same problem.

I downloaded the game for the Playstation Store and installed. When I enter the game, nothing happens. When I go to the menu option "Download Content" shows me that I have no installed expansion. Please can someone help us?

Have you played the original campaign first? There is an issue where if you install the DLC before the OC the DLC will not work. Can you try un-installing the DLC, installing the OC and then installing the DLC? Let me know if that works out for you.

EDIT: I believe that the important file is the Game Data that is installed onto the PS3 when you first install the game. I'm also speaking to our representative for additional information.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

• 2 weeks later...
Have you played the original campaign first? There is an issue where if you install the DLC before the OC the DLC will not work. Can you try un-installing the DLC, installing the OC and then installing the DLC? Let me know if that works out for you.

EDIT: I believe that the important file is the Game Data that is installed onto the PS3 when you first install the game. I'm also speaking to our representative for additional information.

I've played through the OC a number of times now as different character combinations so i can get the different trophies. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OC and DLC a few times now...no luck. I also tried moving all of my game data to Online Storage, uninstalling both the OC and DLC, and working my way to Stonebridge where I've been told the DLC is activated....no luck. I have also tried opening up and end game save and searching through the Causeways for a way to activate the DLC....still no luck.

Square Enix recommended I try accessing the DLC through these steps...

"There are multiple ways of accessing the Treasures of the Sun DLC. Please find them listed below:

1. In Stornway after you reclaim the Chapterhouse there is an NPC that gives you the quest.

2. In the causeways after the events in the Spire.

3. Load the endgame auto-save file and access the DLC in the causeways before exiting to Rukkenvahl.

For options 2 and 3 you read an old letter that is in the Causeways and that activates the DLC."

I've tried each of these options...still no luck.

Any other suggestions, or am I out $10.00?

• 1 month later...
Posted elsewhere but check the disc region. Has to match you psn store region.

How do I determine what the disc region is?

I figured it out....Listed below are the region codes for PS3 games. Turns out the region code for the game needs to match the region of the Playstation Store where the DLC came from. The region code is a 4 character code and is listed on the side of the game case below the Playstation Network logo.

BCUS - sony US game

BCES - sony EU game

BLUS- 3rd party US game

BLES- 3rd party EU game

In my case, I was sold a European copy of Dungeon Siege 3 from Gamestop, which caused a problem with the DLC. I traded in the European copy for an American copy, reinstalled the game and DLC, and now it works. All of my trophies were saves, but the bad news is that none of my saved games work with the American copy. I guess I'll just have to go back and beat the game all over again.

Edited by T-Pain

• 3 months later...

I bought the DLC over a week ago & still haven't been able to get it to work. I'm in the UK, so have access to the EU PSN store, which is where I got the DLC from, & my disc is EU as well... BLES-01161 (which is the Limited Edition)

Why has this issue not been resolved yet? I've paid for something & there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Answers from Obsidian?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...