How do i play DLC?

Hi! Just bought and installed the latest dlc through steam today. The question is how do i play it? there is a option where i can start via dlc, but it just starts the original game. I cannot seem to find the DLC ingame either. InGame it says that no dlc is installed. But steam has DLC listed...

I went on and reinstalled the entire game but no luck there either.

Thanks for answering, but there seems to be more than that to my problem. It should just be to load a game while in stonebridge and the DLC quest ought show in the quest list? That does not happen for me, as i mentioned before it says in steam that i have dlc 1 and that it will install and uninstall with the main game. Is that correct, should it just say dlc1?

And ingame it says that there is no dlc. Perhaps im just retarded or something got really messed up.

Thanks for answering, but there seems to be more than that to my problem. It should just be to load a game while in stonebridge and the DLC quest ought show in the quest list? That does not happen for me, as i mentioned before it says in steam that i have dlc 1 and that it will install and uninstall with the main game. Is that correct, should it just say dlc1?

And ingame it says that there is no dlc. Perhaps im just retarded or something got really messed up.

Verify your files on steam/Check if the DLC also shows up under "Downloaded Content" in the game. Then go to the Stonebridge Chapterhouse.

Edited by C2B

I downloaded the Treasures of the Sun DLC from the playstation network, and then installed the DLC from the playstation main menu. When I enter the game and click on the "Downloaded Content" item in the main menu the game says "There is no downloadable content installed." I've tried a number of things to get this to work. I uninstalled the Dungeon Siege 3 game from my Playstation and then reinstalled DS3, re-downloaded the DLC, and reinstalled the DLC....still no luck. I can't seem to find any information on the internet about this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to get this to work?

I downloaded the Treasures of the Sun DLC from the playstation network, and then installed the DLC from the playstation main menu. When I enter the game and click on the "Downloaded Content" item in the main menu the game says "There is no downloadable content installed." I've tried a number of things to get this to work. I uninstalled the Dungeon Siege 3 game from my Playstation and then reinstalled DS3, re-downloaded the DLC, and reinstalled the DLC....still no luck. I can't seem to find any information on the internet about this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to get this to work?

You can't enter the DLC from any point in the game, so I think you just have to download one of your saves and a pop-up will tell you what to do.

You can't enter the DLC from any point in the game, so I think you just have to download one of your saves and a pop-up will tell you what to do.

I've tried accessing the DLC from a bunch of different saves from all different points in the game. It looks like a quest is supposed to pop up on your quest list after the DLC is installed. This isn't happening for me, which leads me to think the DLC is having trouble installing. Is anyone else having this issue? How is the DLC accessed once it's installed for those that got it to work?

I've tried accessing the DLC from a bunch of different saves from all different points in the game. It looks like a quest is supposed to pop up on your quest list after the DLC is installed. This isn't happening for me, which leads me to think the DLC is having trouble installing. Is anyone else having this issue? How is the DLC accessed once it's installed for those that got it to work?

I loaded a old save game before I was entering Stonebrigde (just outside the first gate to Stonebrigde), I got a popup about this new quest and it is workin for me. The game was patched before I buy the DLC. I have do the "reopen the chapterhouse quest" before the guy shows up in the chaperhouse hall/s.

Edited by seville57

You access the DLC via the main campaign. When you have the DLC installed and play the main campaign, you should have a new quest in your journal. You have to get to Stonebridge before you can enter the new areas.

I have just downloaded the DLC on Xbox 360 and i do not see the new quest. I finished the game already and tried several savegames, even one where i came to Stonebridge the first time. No new quest :sorcerer:

edit: Ok, i found out that i had to restart the game!

Edited by Crimson Jupiter

So even if the main screen says "No Downloaded Content Installed" under the Downloaded Content section....I should be able to restart the game and then access the quest when I get to Stonebridge? Is that correct? If that is correct then that's pretty messed up...I should be getting some kind of message that the DLC has been installed properly. This is terribly confusing...I wish Obsidian would offer some clear directions on this. It would also be nice to have a customer support number to call.

So even if the main screen says "No Downloaded Content Installed" under the Downloaded Content section....I should be able to restart the game and then access the quest when I get to Stonebridge? Is that correct? If that is correct then that's pretty messed up...I should be getting some kind of message that the DLC has been installed properly. This is terribly confusing...I wish Obsidian would offer some clear directions on this. It would also be nice to have a customer support number to call.

I think he means "restarting the game" as literary restarting the game (boot the game up again) after installing the DLC.

Edited by C2B

I need to know how to start the DLC too.

It registers that I have purchased and own the DLC, and when I load up a save I get a pop up explaining how to initiate the DLC quest. That's great. But after beating the game nine times (having to restart several hardcore playthroughs due to glitches that made it impossible to proceed in the game, though they didn't lessen my love for it), I have only one save file left. A manual save in the East Forest at the end of the game. I read the pop up and it explained that I have to load the endgame autosave to access the DLC, which I don't have. So I ran through and defeated the boss multiple times.

And no endgame auto save gets created.

So I can't access the DLC without going through the entire game all over again.

And it's really frustrating. Does anyone else have an explanation for this? What can I do to resolve it? I just want to play the DLC :p

I need to know how to start the DLC too.

It registers that I have purchased and own the DLC, and when I load up a save I get a pop up explaining how to initiate the DLC quest. That's great. But after beating the game nine times (having to restart several hardcore playthroughs due to glitches that made it impossible to proceed in the game, though they didn't lessen my love for it), I have only one save file left. A manual save in the East Forest at the end of the game. I read the pop up and it explained that I have to load the endgame autosave to access the DLC, which I don't have. So I ran through and defeated the boss multiple times.

And no endgame auto save gets created.

So I can't access the DLC without going through the entire game all over again.

And it's really frustrating. Does anyone else have an explanation for this? What can I do to resolve it? I just want to play the DLC :p

Actually you "only" have to get to Stonebridge and clear out the Chapterhouse.

Edited by C2B

The DLC isn't a post game DLC. The endgame autosave happens after you defeat Jeyne in her tower and then take the lift all the way down to the portal thing where you go through and have to cross over back to the chapter house. That is where you get the endgame auto save.

Any save you create after you get to the chapter house pretty much nulls and voids your ability to play it if you are trying to play it near the end of the game.

However as others have said you can play the DLC after you get to Stonebridge on a fresh play through and clearing out the chapter house.

I hope this helps.