Playing the DLC from East Forest save

Hey i would like to know if there is any possibility to play the DLC with your level 30 character if the only save i have is in East Forest after leaving the Causeway Hub. If not, is there a chance to make it possible? I'm asking because there are many of people in a situation like mine and it is quite frustrating that we cannot continue playing with our old characters...

I would like to know the status of this as well. Regrettably, I have to make this my first post on these forums.

DS3, despite many less-than-stellar qualities, was a game that I enjoyed playing with my fiancee, and we invested quite a lot of time into it. We leveled our characters to 30, maxxed all of their stats, and hunted religiously until we obtained our optimal gear set-up. Yet for some unknown reason, the devs thought it was a good idea to lock the player out of the rest of the game once they reached the final zone before the last boss. This is not only an outdated design decision (PS1 era, anyone?), it's horrible because the only enemies worth fighting at endgame were in that zone. Thus, my characters from the last zone had about 35 extra hours invested into them than the previous "End (character name)" save file. In fact, I spent more time in the end zone than I spent beating this game, which took about 12 hours total, side quests included.

As a consequence, the only save files I retained in case Obsidian released additional content were logically the ones that contained the last version of my character. Now I'm to understand that the only way I can play the DLC I just paid $10 for is to restart the entire game, because I didn't arbitrarily retain a save file from an obsolete version of my character? In 20 years of gaming, I've never encountered such incredible shortsightedness.

To be even borderline conscionable, this DLC should have come with a disclaimer, "Entirely useless unless you happened to retain your autosave files." Unless there is a fix for this on the way, you can be certain this is the last game I will purchase from your company. I simply cannot conceive of a reason why the DLC was implemented in this fashion. It's almost as absurd as requiring a save file from level 20 to play the DLC when the max is 30. It's illogical, and it's poor design. Then again, so was including an essentially "pro-bono" take on multiplayer.

I thank you guys for a pretty solid game overall, but I really don't understand what you were thinking with some of the features. Please fix this asap.

I felt the same. I wanted to play the DLC with Katarina first, but the only save I had for her was level 30 at East Forest. Then I went there with Lucas (he was the only character for whom I had an earlier save, just after beating the Dapper Old Gent).

Then today I started a new game with Kat (sigh)... but to my surprise, Bogdan (the bandit in front of the legion chapterhouse) dropped a Minor Warding Essence. Seems that if you start a new game with DLC installed, mobs (including those fought in earlier stages of the game) will drop Essences. Which is not so bad at all, since you can stock them to enchant your items later.

Edited by FireMist

Hey it would be great if we got any sort of feedback on this, because i don't know whether i should go and play the game again or wait a week or two for an update to allow it to go to the DLC area from East Forest.

Cheers.

Aranek, we currently do not have plans of releasing an update to fix this issue. I recommend starting a new game.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Hey it would be great if we got any sort of feedback on this, because i don't know whether i should go and play the game again or wait a week or two for an update to allow it to go to the DLC area from East Forest.

Cheers.

Aranek, we currently do not have plans of releasing an update to fix this issue. I recommend starting a new game.

So those of us who played through the game, started again and encountered the mind numbing boredom of playing through exactly the same cardboard cut-out of a game yet again... but have their max character locked to this area is effectively screwed.

Thanks so much for that, you should have put up a warning that your sole intent with this DLC was to screw over the very people the DLC was to appeal to.

Good luck getting any money out of me in future.

So those of us who played through the game, started again and encountered the mind numbing boredom of playing through exactly the same cardboard cut-out of a game yet again... but have their max character locked to this area is effectively screwed.

One thing : how the heck do you lose your endgame auto-save? Those things have their own spot in the list of saves, they're named differently, you would have to willingly delete them to lose them!

One thing : how the heck do you lose your endgame auto-save? Those things have their own spot in the list of saves, they're named differently, you would have to willingly delete them to lose them!

Yeah that would make sense, but when you have a HDD failure and reinstall only having your steam saves to go off then you're screwed.

Once again my temper got the best of me, I'm stuck in extenuating circumstances and didn't realise the position I was in. Ah well, enjoy the DLC.