Dungeon Siege III Treasures of the Sun Release Thread

I still haven't played this DLC yet. My friend and I are plodding through the campaign as time allows. We plan to finally go there after clearing Glitterdelve. So far I'm very impressed with the increase on challenge. Playing on hardcore with the tweaks makes the game a lot more fun. It feels like I need to use every trick at the best time or Katarina ends up dead in any battle with too many enemies. The boss battles are truly epic now too. If I have any complaint it's that the HP totals are insane now. It takes an eternity to put down some of the tougher bosses. Heck, even some midbosses. The fight against those two dakkenweyr at the entrance to Glitterdelve was tougher than Rajani. >_<

I didn't have enormous trouble with the main campaign encounters with the increased difficulty tweaks aside from a few. Namely, Maru-Yatum had me going fricking mad, don't know how many times I had to reload that fight. Also, some of the automaton fights in Stonebridge (when the city is burning) were also downright maddening.

And of course, the first fight with Jeyne and her handmaid. That fight is such a pain in the behind.

But yeah, going into the DLC just after reaching Stonebridge... I had to turn the difficulty down to Normal for several of the boss-battles. I just wasn't good enough. >_<

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Maru-yatum killed us once. The second time we won, but it took awhile to whittle him down. We ran out of time at the warbeast. That fight is pretty crazy since being trampled is one-shot. And it isn't like we're playing inefficiently. If anything, this has forced me to step up my game since even building the best character I can doesn't mean I can fall asleep in a fight. That's what makes the game exciting, though. It's cool that most fights feel serious.

The first Jeyne fight should be torture. I fear it. >_<

I'm having problems having the achievements affect my gamer score on my Xbox 360. I went into into the DLC near the end of one of my play throughs just before I get to the chapter house where I have to go so I can face Jeyne one last time and face the old creator god.

I got all the achievements unlocked but it's not affecting my gamer score at all. Before I started the DLC I had a gamer score for this game of 810. By unlocking all the DLC achievements I should have had a gamer score total of 1060 for this game. This isn't right.

The DLC was fun but what's the point of including achievements if they don't add to your over all gamer score?

Hi there,

About Dungeon siege III bugs, while i was wandering through the desert, i spotted a nasty bug.. Anjali is attacking enemies, then she uses Pilar of fire, but the ability seems to be broken (there) and it always spawn on herself.

Any plans to fix this? (I was Katarina, my companion Anjali)

Dungeon Siege III has sold 820k according to some unconfirmed thing I just read. Looking for confirmation. Probably as of 30.September like the financial report they released today.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/gibbogame Its from David Gibson whos apparently a Tokio based Analyst.

That 820k ain't bad at all if you ask me. Quite small team and not very long development time.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Dungeon Siege III has sold 820k according to some unconfirmed thing I just read. Looking for confirmation. Probably as of 30.September like the financial report they released today.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/gibbogame Its from David Gibson whos apparently a Tokio based Analyst.

That 820k ain't bad at all if you ask me. Quite small team and not very long development time.

No, for any AAA project that's a bad number. I doubt they could even recoup the cost with that (especially if it's shipped and not sold, but let's assume for a minute that it's sold).

No, for any AAA project that's a bad number. I doubt they could even recoup the cost with that (especially if it's shipped and not sold, but let's assume for a minute that it's sold).

Thats a big assumption on your part. And we know previously that the sales excpectations was 1 mil from that linkedin profile. Its not that far from it. I also don't really think Dungeon Siege IIIs costs were all that high in the first place.

(Its not good numbers, of course. More moderate)

Edited by C2B

If you compare the team size to your normal AAA project the team is quite small. Unless they spent massive amount on marketing, I don't see it as a big failure. Especially when they were aiming for one million. A figure that I imagine would have given them a sizeable return instead of just few bucks.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Was Dungeon Siege III a AAA project?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Was Dungeon Siege III a AAA project?

I'm also wondering about that. DSIII visibly kept costs low at several points.

Edited by C2B

There is also no telling if that figure takes digital sales into account. DS3 is a Steamworks game. Doubtless some consumers passed on a retail box copy. Then there was that sale weeks back when Valve temporarily knocked down the price. Sure, they got less per unit but probably pushed more overall in that time frame. We would probably never have seen Treasures of the Sun were DS2 a complete flop.

What i wonder about is why there was so less news about the Game. For example, when EA is creating a game, they post to much news, Obsidian for Dungeon Siege.. almost nothing when the DLC came out - It's one mistery, and if there would be news, then there would be more sales!

What i wonder about is why there was so less news about the Game. For example, when EA is creating a game, they post to much news, Obsidian for Dungeon Siege.. almost nothing when the DLC came out - It's one mistery, and if there would be news, then there would be more sales!

Square Enix leads the marketing here. And they have been majorly preocupied with Deus Ex during the last few months and probably couldn't get budget approved.

Or maybe they blew the max possible budget towards Marketing for DSIII pre-release which is quite possible.

Edited.

Edited by C2B

When the SC2 DLC was comming out, our little Square did more news. :)

Wasn't there a bigger gap back then between Release and DLC?

But, yeah. I think that even had a trailer.

I'm sticking to my speculation that it was because they focused on marketing for Deus Ex/The missing Link. That also seems to have paid off.

Edited by C2B

If Square Enix wants to do big bussiness, and run so many games at once at publisher, they need to be able to do the job. :ermm:

According to a statement (forgot source I think it was from that analyst) the Missing link DLC apparently sells like hot cakes so I'd think it was the right decision (from a pure buisness perspective) (and thats of course assuming I'm actually right here. But, really could be any number of reasons)

Offcourse it selled awesome, Steam has as always a nice page for it. But if there would be more news, there would be even more Sales. It just weak of the guys behind the DLC to don't say anything on the main site, but saying on twitter/facebook Oh sorry guys, forgot to say that it will be later in Europe.

Proffesional much?

Offcourse it selled awesome, Steam has as always a nice page for it. But if there would be more news, there would be even more Sales. It just weak of the guys behind the DLC to don't say anything on the main site, but saying on twitter/facebook Oh sorry guys, forgot to say that it will be later in Europe.

Proffesional much?

Thats nothing news worthy and I struggle remembering a DLC launch where something like this actually was posted as big news. Max a forumpost. Regional (and platform) differences in release of online content are pretty normal for various reasons.

Edited by C2B