Dungeon Siege III Treasures of the Sun Release Thread

6 1/2 hours is quite a lot for a game that is as short as Dungeon Siege III. How about the gameplay? How does it compare to the main title? What influence do the addition have to the gameplay both in the DLC section and in the main campaign?

Having played only played the main campaign with the DLC augmentation, I can say that enemy hitpoints seems to have doubled on Hardcore. Also, Enchanting can be a limitless endeavor that can create truly awe-inspiring character battle outcomes. I stopped progress just to farm the Gold and Essences I desired to add to my equipment. However, I am saddened that Enchanting is limited to adding only a few attributes: Doom, Chaos: Vampire, Retribution, Stagger and Warding. I hope to see future DLC's that add to this list of possible Enchantments.

REINHART MANX

Guide to The Greatest Legion Hero

Geometry.jpg

6 1/2 hours is quite a lot for a game that is as short as Dungeon Siege III. How about the gameplay? How does it compare to the main title? What influence do the addition have to the gameplay both in the DLC section and in the main campaign?

Aye, 6

Hate the living, love the dead.

i think that DS3 start going in the right way. mybe one more DLC or expansion OR DS4 will be the ultimate H&S RPG, i love the gamplay,graphics and story of DS3 but i want more complex heros and more acceptable online, i will rate DS3 as 7 with the DLC mybe 8, i see the developers put love on the DLC..

I'm actually thinking that 6 1/2 hours is probably conservative if you don't want to have your hiney handed to you every couple of seconds. I'm really getting the impression that a good grind or two through the whole desert area would make things a lot easier. You could probably stretch things out to 8 hours, if you weren't dying to know how the story ends like I was. I'm curious to go back and redo Rebirth now with that Kat playthrough just to see if does impact the endgame. The endgame save is right before you hit the Rukkenvahl Chapterhouse, and the DLC considers Jeyne to still be in power in some form.

That's very cool that the overall game difficulty has increased! I noticed a huge patch download before Steam let me play last night.

Most of the combat is very similar, but a lot harder. You're not going to notice vast changes. Some of the lower-level minibosses have a couple of interesting new abilities, though, that will really catch you by surprise the first time you fight them.

Kudos to the dev team on this! I haven't played Fallout: New Vegas, so this is my first Obsidian DLC. I'm not used to this feeling of not being ripped off, aside from LOTSB :)

Whut's Good All?? this is my first post here and its concerning the Treasurese Of The Sun DLC for Xbox 360. The achievements for this DLC haven't been updated on Xbox.com or the Xbox360 dashboard. I was wondering if you guys @ Obsidian get things sorted out with Microsoft, so that players can get proper credit for the Achievements on this new DLC??? Thanks.

Haven't started a up a new game yet but how is enchanting done? Is it done via the item menu or how does it work?

You go into the big pool of "Items" and right-click to enchant your selected item. A menu comes up, and you pick which essence you want to use on the item. You lose a little gold when you enchant, also.

Started up the game today and to my delight I found that I had Katarina save just before entering Stonebridge, perfect!

Started up the DLC, have started the "main quest" and explored a bit of the desert so far. Liking it thus far! Some random notes:

- With a Hardcore character just going into Stonebridge, I can handle most of the regular encounters just fine. Some of the boss battles are quite hard though which is nice.

- The voiceacting and party-member comments fit in completely seamlessly with the main game.

- In many ways, it really does feel like an extension of the main game. The general gameplay and "tone" are very similar, but with new environs. It's not like the New Vegas DLCs which all felt very different in tone (as well as gameplay) from the main game and each other.

- Game still looks really great (really like the look of the abbey) though, it being a desert and all, I kinda miss the "cool" lighting of the main game in places.

- It's not approaching "free-roaming" but maps are a bit more opened up in general which feels quite nice.

- If you're not already, you're gonna get rich as hell.

- I didn't really expect plenty new enemies but in a hack'n'slasher like this, I must say it's a bit disappointing to fight enemies that were in the main game again.

- Most music is re-used but there appears to be a few new tracks. Plus, audio-design is pretty solid so the soundscape still feels fairly fresh.

- Lots of spawn and re-spawn points for enemies can lead to some fairly big battles which, again, feel rather nice due to the more open environs. Still, lack of new "meat and potatoes" enemies lessens the impact unfortunately.

Not finished yet but so far I'd say that it's a really solid buy if you liked the main game and want some more. It really serves to "thicken up" the entire campaign I think. Again, it's not like the NV DLC where it really switched focus a lot more to the Courier and specific characters. Treasures of the Sun is a lot more like the main game it's expanding on.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Finished it this morning, definitely enjoyed it. Most of what I mentioned above holds true for the entire experience. I didn't keep track of time but it definitely feels pretty meaty overall and fleshes out the main campaign nicely.

I wish there was some form of ending slide or whatever to the DLC (unless it's added at the end of the main campaign of course) but other than that it was a great little adventure.

I could not complete it on Hardcore. Had to turn down the difficulty for some of the boss fights, I got absolutely steamrolled. I just can't see myself completing the final boss for the DLC on Hardcore... ever, haha.

Depending on how much the adventure scales, whether you've done Stonebridge/Glitterdelve before will probably matter a fair bit in difficulty. At the very least since you're likely to have more stuff unlocked for your character.

The story of the DLC is "light-weight" but nicely done overall and again, ties in nicely to the main campaign.

Given the complete lack of PR and "the Dungeon Siege complete edition", I doubt we'll see more DLCs. Really too bad because the quality of this was quite good and expansive as well. Good value for the money. A shame that it will probably get overlooked by a lot of people.

Great job by the dev team!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Did they fix the co-op camera? That's literally the make-or-break issue for me with regards to a purchase. My friend and I bought this game to co-op and found it unplayable, and if that hasn't changed there's no point to purchasing the DLC.

Did they fix the co-op camera? That's literally the make-or-break issue for me with regards to a purchase. My friend and I bought this game to co-op and found it unplayable, and if that hasn't changed there's no point to purchasing the DLC.

Nope, sorry.

I want to congratulate Obsidian for this DLC, they did a nice job overall but still it lacks some critical features. First of all I want to complain about the free roam, again I say that an Action RPG should have this. Second, about difficulty level, well...it's a nice addition but finishing the game on Hardcore does not involve player skill or anything related to it. In my opinion we should had a system like Dungeon Siege II ( at least ! ) where we could find items generated in relation with the game difficulty. It's pretty frustrating to find the same items but monsters to deal double damage and have tons of extra HP. Because of this you will "live" a lot of cheap deaths and for it's not cool, nice, fun. I believe you need to get an OP character ( Reinheart because of his obscene high damage because of the OP items ) and maybe then you will have a chance. But Dungeon Siege III was not build to do this...again overall it was a nice side-quest :sorcerer:.

Cheers !

My only problem with Dungeon Siege III was that the game felt a bit short.

In contrast with the main game, I feel that the content added by Treasures of the Sun was well worth the money.

The new areas added looked good for the most part, and it was also a nice surprise to see the large amount of voice-acting present in the DLC. The added lore was great too. I especially like how in some conversations we actually got to see the scene from several angles instead of just looking at the backs of our characters.

Like others have mentioned it would have been nice to see more monster models but it didn't break the DLC for me.

The Enchantment system, though limited, was a nice touch to the game, and its great that you can use it in the main campaign too.

The increased difficulty, throughout the whole game, was also very welcome. And I don't think that you need to use Reinhardt to beat Hardcore, I know that I did just fine with Katarina (though having an amulet with almost 400 Doom on it helps a lot). I just have one remark about the increased difficulty. The problem might just be in how I play the game but I think that most bosses make the Armor and Block statistics useless, which is why I can see people playing with melee-oriented characters having trouble. With Katarina I just go with a glass cannon build and ran in to do Empowered Shots and then run away. I think there should have been a way to make Armor and Block worth something, instead of Stamina being the only Defensive stat worth investing in. As the game stands, blocking against bosses was useless (for me at least).

EDIT: Though I really hope that we'll get to see more Dungeon Siege III from Obsidian, as a whole I really liked the game and the DLC.

Edited by Tanthalas