Dungeon Siege III Treasures of the Sun Release Thread

So, purchased and going to bed (finally)

Here is an impression from the steam forums about the enchantment system

Been playing the game for a while with the new DLC, it's really nice. I haven't gotten to any of the new locations yet, but the enchanting is awesome.

Basically, any powerful enemy you kill now has a good chance to drop Essences. All bosses almost always drop at least two, and you also have a small chance to get them when you transmute items. You can enchant any item at any time. It costs gold (though the item's value will also be raised), and you can't have more than six different effects on one item, but other than that there's no limit to how much you can enchant items.

This alone adds quite a bit to the entire main game in terms of customization. You can finally add that effect you've always wanted your favorite weapon to have. I've been enchanting my gold-quality armor for a while, and it's now about twice the value it was before.

Can't wait to get to the new locations!

They also renamed the Collector's Edition to "Dungeon Siege Complete" and put Treasures of the Sun in it.

Hmm Complete implies that this will be the only DLC for this title >_<

So enchanting is added to the main campaign as well?

They also renamed the Collector's Edition to "Dungeon Siege Complete" and put Treasures of the Sun in it.

Hmm Complete implies that this will be the only DLC for this title >_<

So enchanting is added to the main campaign as well?

Confirmed: Enchanting & Essence drops implemented in the main campaign. See my Reinhart Thread for more impressions: Greatest Legion Hero: Reinhart Manx - DLC initial impressions

REINHART MANX

Guide to The Greatest Legion Hero

Geometry.jpg

Ah, finally. Not quite in the mood to play it, but I'll be buying/downloading it now, to have for later. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So if i deleted that save and saved after ariving at the chapterhouse im screwed and need to start a new game. Sucks.

In post 10 you said you have a save right before the endboss. Cant you just kill the endboss again and get a new "Endgame" save?

Nope. After killing the endboss the game ends, and the only autosave you get is the one that gets you right before the fight.

Y'know, I only found out about the release via Blue's News this afternoon. For some weird reason, there was nothing that showed up in my Facebook feed, either from the DS3 page or Obsidian.

On the positive side, I'm really, really, really enjoying this. It coincides beautifully with my processor upgrade, so this has been a double treat. The maps are extensive, there's a good amout of lore, the environments are absolutely beautiful! Voice acting is excellent, as usual, and there was quite a lot of dialog recorded. I'm impressed, and my faith in DLC has been renewed after DA2: Legacy soured me :) I've been playing probably for three hours now, and I still have a full log of quests to go.

Edited by leeloodallas

Three hours and you're still far from the end? Considering the size of the original game you could consider this a full expansion. Mmmh.. decisions, decisions..

I think I'm far from the end. I know I have a temple and a vault to hit yet, and a few things to find. That may or may not be true, however. I thought I had a ton of game to go when I hit Stonebridge the first time :)

I'll update with approximate playtime when I finish.

Three hours and you're still far from the end? Considering the size of the original game you could consider this a full expansion. Mmmh.. decisions, decisions..

I think I'm far from the end. I know I have a temple and a vault to hit yet, and a few things to find. That may or may not be true, however. I thought I had a ton of game to go when I hit Stonebridge the first time :)

I'll update with approximate playtime when I finish.

K, thanks.

It's nice that other companies don't follow Bioware's "30-60mins of gameplay for 5 euros" DLC policy.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Huh, I didn't even heard about it being released now. Guess I won't be playing it anytime soon, though. I think I've deleted my old saves and I don't feel like starting all over again right now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still no news about this DLC on Gamespot/IGN/Eurogamer/1UP/Obsidian/Square Enix and even PSN Stores. Maybe tonight when they will update the store they will add it. This DLC had very, very poor advertising. Only the ones that play the game on PC or follow this forum know about this DLC, otherwise it's just a ghost.

-update-

I did update my DS III version to 1.03 and I have the new trophes list but for now there is no DLC to download. It will hit the stores tonight, that I am 100% sure. Overall I need to say it once and again this DLC is a damn ghost.

Edited by Sasha_Je

K, thanks.

Funny thing was, when I jumped back into the game right after I posted, about half of my quests closed really quickly. I think if you just played straight through, you could probably finish in 4 1/2 - 5 hours. I have to take frequent breaks with DS3, though, because I get claw-finger from my right-click death grip :p So, I end up fighting a lot of respawns. I just finished what I think is the second to last map, so now I have a desert's worth of monsters to fight on the way back. I'll probably finish in 5 1/2 hours total, maybe 6 at the outside. That, of course, depends on how often I die. The DLC is tough-- harder on normal than my one hardcore playthrough of the main game.

A lot of the bosses and minibosses are quite cool.

Huh. I thought I was done with DS3 but I might check this out. Maybe go for 2 player co-op ( I think 2 players is OK, more than that is a crowd).

:) Sounds very good.

:p Can't wait till work is finished.

How expansive are the maps, by the way?

Huge! The vodyanoi cave is probably three times bigger than the cave outside Raven's Rill. The temple and the vault are both really sizable, and the vault takes forever. The Hero's Crypt and the vault are probably about the same size, though I think the vault's a little bigger. The temple is larger than Gunderic Manor. The desert actually feels surprisingly open and sprawling, with several different branch paths. I really think the devs listened to some of the criticism about the maps being too linear, though the story in the DLC is pretty straightforward.

I have to say, I liked the story. It wasn't exactly surprising, but it was satisfying.

Total playtime, I'm guessing, is about 6 1/2 hours. The vault was a lot longer than I'd anticipated, and the final boss battle's pretty brutal.

Is there any way to play again or continue playing with your character after you finished the game? Can you kill some mini bosses or bosses again? Or it's just like the main game, you will get as reward some 1 minute cut-scene?

You get a real conversation. The devs added some really nice speaking animations for your character, and you actually see more than the back of the head in several of the conversations. At the end of the DLC, you end up back at the Causeway after taking a "DLC Teleporter," though I think you can go mess around in the desert some more at the end of the DLC before leaving the area if you really want. I'm tired, so I didn't :p

Edited by leeloodallas

Is there any way to play again or continue playing with your character after you finished the game? Can you kill some mini bosses or bosses again? Or it's just like the main game, you will get as reward some 1 minute cut-scene?

You get a real conversation. The devs added some really nice speaking animations for your character, and you actually see more than the back of the head in several of the conversations. At the end of the DLC, you end up back at the Causeway after taking a "DLC Teleporter," though I think you can go mess around in the desert some more at the end of the DLC before leaving the area if you really want. I'm tired, so I didn't :p

I wonder if they added a slide at the end of the game for the DLC.