A wee too many shooty bits so far - will it change?

Evening all,

finally got to play the game. The story is very intriguing so far, and even in the first playthrough reactivity and different ways to solve quests show up. However. Those "drop into the object, sneak past/shoot a bunch of armed dudes" missions are getting to be a bit of repetitive annoyance, and I'm just in Rome (straight after Saudi). I wasn't expecting P:T, but honestly, those ruins/warehouses start to remind me tedium of Mass Effect 2 shooting galleries, with the difference that you don't need to kill them all. So...is the game going to be less shooty, more talky somewhen in the future or are there warehouses with armed dudes all way down? Or can I change playing style to minimize shootery?

depending on your build, nearly every firefight in the game can be avoided. Nearly everyone. But you will be in a few no matter what. But a high stealth/tech build can let you sneak hack and lockpick past a lot of firefights. And in a few, depending on how you have played you can get others to do the dirty work for you.

So in answer to your question, no it is most certainly not warehouses full of guys to shoot, but there are a few (tough) inevitable firefights.

depending on your build, nearly every firefight in the game can be avoided. Nearly everyone. But you will be in a few no matter what. But a high stealth/tech build can let you sneak hack and lockpick past a lot of firefights. And in a few, depending on how you have played you can get others to do the dirty work for you.

So in answer to your question, no it is most certainly not warehouses full of guys to shoot, but there are a few (tough) inevitable firefights.

Thanks. I already finished it, and while there's still too much shooty bits for me, went for a second run. Stealth I found the most useful to lurk until there's a line for chain shot, and it's much easier when you already know what to expect anyway.