Gaddaffi is dead

Morgoth

OK, now they can finally move on to Syria and Iran.

Oh noes! Not Iran!

WTF? Are you from the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Dictators?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Because they won't, so it makes their argument about being the Shield of the Oppressed to be utter BS, I'm guessing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Couldnt see the corpse pic because it required a login. :shifty:

It's not very graphic or clear - it just shows a blurry snapshot from a camcorder. It looks like Gadaffi, with some blood around the head and mouth.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, at least his death -if true- will hopefully prevent the war in Libya from turning chronic. We'll see if all those red flags we've been getting from the NTC are warranted or not, soon enough.

edit: merge into Libya thread, maybe? (:

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's totally a lie. We've got him on the back of a speedboat right now, being taken away to an undisclosed location. Where he'll join the elders of Zion. And Elvis.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Who knew an Arab with the gun from Face/Off would be so symbolic.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Um, I've seen about a bajillion people holding that gun. I'm guessing it's pose for the cameras and wait for someone iconic to take it. The first guy I saw was fat and middle aged.

-Elwood Blues

sic semper tyrannis

Look, darlin', it's Johnny Ringo. Deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darlin', should I hate him?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Good riddance. Let's hope the Who did not have it right: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

But they probably will.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The big problem which I think is evident from all our brushfire interventions is that although many people on our side get it, the machine of government fails to grasp the significance of charismatic leadership when there's no tradition or mechanisms of stability. We always back some 'safe' option. But 'safe' just won't cut it.

Reports (I have no diea if true or not) are already coming in that Sufi shrinesin Lbya have been attacked as 'heretical' (or whatever the Islamofascists call it).

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I'm all for getting rid of dictators but the media's lust for blood and eagerness to show what amounts to snuff is a bit disturbing, I'm of the opinion that everyone deserves a trial before execution, call me crazy but a manic bloodletting in the streets doesn't fill me with pride.

*edit*

A point to consider would be that Gaddafi deprived many Libyans of a fair trial, I'd counter that with the fact that we're supposed to be better than him, as are the people who will eventually replace him...

Edited by WDeranged

As you say, I've no desire to watch snuff. However, you must recall all the squealing that went on over Bin Laden...

-Elwood Blues

Ah, if only an SAS team had hunted him down.

Squealing that could have been avoided by putting him on trial.

I'm just watching BBC news and maniacal looking politicians from all over the world are out grandstanding, I just can't get behind it.

A trial like Milosevich? :ermm:

I sympathise with your problems with the mainstream media coverage. The problem is the 'one size fits all' analysis. It can't be clever and it can't be simple, and it can rarely presuppose any given morality. Is it any wonder it's mulched insanity?

-Elwood Blues