What you did today

Tale

Had to laugh at our choice of Christmas party venue. A sushi place. This is chosen because the office manager's wife is coming, is Japanese, and they love sushi. Everyone else will love it as well. I guess I could hit the steak house beforehand. :p Now for a productive weekend of raking leaves (or shaking the tree to get it to drop its leaves, anyway).

Knowing you I'm surprised you're not planning on taking a primus stove and cooking your sushi. ;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just put one of those daylight bulbs in my office. My God, it's like I just installed a new brain! Sooooo much better.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to see one of our friend's kid's soccer game. he's been chosen for the all star team and he was pretty excited we got to see him play a game in the regular season. Afterwards we grabbed a bit to eat at IHOP. mmmMMMMmmm breakfast for lunch. yum.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yikes, a wake. Hope it's not yours. :Cant's goofy grin icon: Seriously, though, condolances, Fio.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've been using one of those daylight wake up lights for a while now, didn't think it did anything. But now I've spent a few nights at my parents place because my apartment had a bug problem, and I didn't take it with me, and I feel exhausted all day.

I got one of those last week and my initial impressions have been pretty positive. I've just lacked any motivation to wake up in the first place, which hasn't helped. But not so terrified of having to wake up at 6 am again (after almost three years) now. :shifty:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I GOT TICKETS FOR ROGER WATER'S "THE WALL LIVE"!

Also got my drain lines removed from my side so I can now start exercising and stretching so the weight I hope to gain comes back properly.

Also...my oncologist ( cancer dude ) says that at least some of my cancer is responding to the chemotreatment ( only one month ) so that's a plus. Start round two in a week.

Presently enjoying a 10mg percocet with a double rum and coke chaser. Life is good :wink:

Did I say that I GOT TICKETS FOR ROGER WATER'S "THE WALL LIVE"! :shifty:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Live, tarna, you tough glorious bastard! You've earned your Roger Waters tickets, man.

Obsidian Plays

I bought them from one of those ticket scalpers before they even went on sale. Paid nearly $600 USD for the pair. They're good tickets and I expect it to be a freeking fantastic show but was a little pressed when I saw what they were charging. It was either them or take my chances on the morning of sale on a computer at work. I don't have a 'bucket list' per say but this concert was something I really wanted to see. I hope it lives up to expectations.

Oh and I caught a cold virus recently. I'm F**king immune compromised as it is and I catch a cold. :shifty:

I'm treating it symptomatically and since I've been on oral and intraveneous antibiotics for the last 4 weeks or so I'm not overly concerned yet. Concidering my recent bout with sepsis though I'm paying a little more attention to my health than usual. Learning that you are no longer immortal is kinda disheartening :wink: I've always had a very good recuperative system and it still seems to be active ( my surgical wounds healing very quickly ) so I've still got that going for me.

My wife is taking all this fairly well ( as well as can be expected ) and is being supportive. We make jokes about the situation once in a while. She still isn't taking too well to some of my remarks though. My humour tends to be a little 'dark' at times.

I haven't told my daughter yet. She is pregnant and is due next Feb. I'll go visit and give her an abbreviated version shortly afterwards. The rest of my family doesn't know and will not know. I don't like any of them and the next best thing to reading their obituaries in the paper would be seeing them read mine. Deciding if I want my wife to send them a copy posthumously or not. Probably not. Let 'em wonder.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Yeah, I haven't spoken to most of my family in years, literally. Still, hopefully you have reason for happier thoughts in the future... and a long future at that.

I had a friend a few years ago who died of an infection while being treated for breast cancer. The good news for you is that she went quickly when the infection hit. If you're still fighting it off, brother, then it's a good sign that you have hope. Have to live long enough to see that Roger Waters concert. My favorite Pink Floyd Album is the Final Cut, which a lot of folks think of as Roger Waters first 'solo album.'

It's good to hear from you, man. Keep us posted. I recently went to look at some authentic forged claymores and thought of you. lol

Obsidian Plays

Yeah, I haven't spoken to most of my family in years, literally. Still, hopefully you have reason for happier thoughts in the future... and a long future at that.

I had a friend a few years ago who died of an infection while being treated for breast cancer. The good news for you is that she went quickly when the infection hit. If you're still fighting it off, brother, then it's a good sign that you have hope. Have to live long enough to see that Roger Waters concert. My favorite Pink Floyd Album is the Final Cut, which a lot of folks think of as Roger Waters first 'solo album.'

Don't give a rat's ass about my 'blood family'. Treacherous (sp?) slime all.

I've presently set my 'expiration date' to around 5 1/4 years. If I am still working by that time, my wife will get a regular pension check for me for the rest of her life. If I assume room temperature prior to that, she gets a one-time payment. Haven't gotten the numbers on that yet. She has a policy from work that will give her $50,000 which sounds good but won't go that far when you consider funeral costs and remaining credit card debt and what not. I've already told her not to spend one cent more than needed and have considered declaring bankruptcy and divorcing her prior to dying to separate our debt. Gotta talk to a lawyer about these things.

It's good to hear from you, man. Keep us posted. I recently went to look at some authentic forged claymores and thought of you. lol

I'd forgotten that you'd seen part of my collection. Good to see that someone appreciates it. We'll have to talk more.

Ruminations...

No defeatist talk, my friend. Live long and well and happily.

As for a lengthy discussion, it's been long overdue. :Cant's huge grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

If it makes you feel any better, tarna, we're none of us immortal. Except possibly Prosper. Sounds like you're handling it better than most people I know who've gone through it. Just keep in mind a bunch of them survived.

Hope you will be one of the ones that does, mate.

-Elwood Blues

Tarna, it's good to hear from you.

Now I'm wondering about life insurance. Can you pick up any type of policy worth a dang at this point? Are you doing ok with the medical bills and everything? Sorry if those questions are too personal, feel free to ignore them if they are.

Take care!

Nice to see you Tarna!

Had a date last night. Don't see this working out because she is afraid of dogs.... that could be trouble. But it was a nice time at least.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ran into an old lady that also owns a dachshund so we chatted for a bit, and took the dogs for a good walk. That lady's husband's getting really jerked around with by a hospital here - analysis on test results flip flops from 'Ok' to 'Uh...this is bad' then back to 'Ok', appointments that are 4 hours late, etc. It's one of the crappier hospitals in the city, in my opinion - St. Michael's.

Also am more convinced that every cop in this city is a giant scumbag.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We've been teaching our daughter about sportsmanship, so now when she wins she says, "Good job, loser" to her opponents.

:)

Spent time looking at a new watch. Won't blow my first paycheck on a Rolex or anything that unimaginative, but still want something nicer to replace the Swatch Irony Chrono that has served me well for years, but is quite banged up by now.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So, I had this dream last night. It was quite disturbing, but it wasn

Edited by Cantousent

Obsidian Plays

Now I'm wondering about life insurance. Can you pick up any type of policy worth a dang at this point? Are you doing ok with the medical bills and everything? Sorry if those questions are too personal, feel free to ignore them if they are.

Nobody will touch me as far as life insurance goes. I'm definitely a bad risk :) . My wife already had a $50,000 policy on me from her work and we bought several years ago a policy that pays for the house if either of us die. That one will be kinda handy since we lost most all of our equity when the housing market crashed. I've got some things to do around the house to make it easier for my wife to function with it. Things like changing all the valves to 90 degree turn ball valves, relocating the main shut off valve for the house from under the house to somewhere inside. Some automation. Some electrical changes. Little things like that.

Medical insurance I already had through my work. Hadn't realized how good it was until now. My maximum 'out of pocket' annual expense limit is $2,000. My first hospital stay was billed at around $95,000. The insurance knocked about $60,000 off of it due to cost negotiation and paid the remaining amount. My share was around $360 which counted toward my $2,000 cap. My chemo meds are $9,100 per month ( for 28 capsules ) but my copay is $30. Because of this we are doing alright financially and I don't have to find myself a fatal 'accident' to keep from bankrupting my family.

Ruminations...

I feel you on that one. I mean, I wonder what I would do if it would bankrupt my wife to try to keep me alive with truly minimal chances of success. That just sounds terrifying to me. My thinking has been along the same lines as yours, but it has been entirely conjecture seeing as how I have never had to seriously worry about it.

I also have about 75k in insurance. A large chunk of that is from waaaaay back in the navy where I took out a policy courtesy of the DoD. The payments are truly miniscule and so I've kept it up over the years.

Geez, you get sick and you can't just worry about getting better, you have to worry about contingencies for your loved ones. Ain't it grand? :Cant's rueful smile icon:

Obsidian Plays

Geez, you get sick and you can't just worry about getting better, you have to worry about contingencies for your loved ones. Ain't it grand? :Cant's rueful smile icon:

Gives me something to do when I'm not adding names to my 'Better Dead' list of those that have wronged me in the past. :) Those on 'the list' should be glad that I'm still faily stable. :)

Ruminations...