What you did today

Tale

Hey, Lady in Red, we've been thinking about getting a new cat. Two of our died over the past couple of years. One died literally as I was trying to get her to take medicine. It would be unseemly to go on about it, but it wasn't fun.

Anyhow, we have one more cat and she's older, like 15 years, and I don't want to get a new cat for her to get used to at her age. Plus, and I'm ashamed to admit, that I liked the other cats better. We loved them all, but she just was more of a pest than the other two. Now that she gets all the attention, I don't want to bring in another cat. When she dies, we'll probably get two more cats. All of our cats have been strays, but we might go to the shelter next time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Going to sign up for classes today and then walk to the Amtrack station to get a ticket for tomorrow morning (going to see friends and the cost of the ticket is less than the gas would have been).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

boss at my new job is obsessed with Arkham City, and today was praising my apparent Batman detective skills when i discovered that one of our contractors has effectively been stealing money from the company

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The puppy has a bit of the devil in him today which is being so much fun..

Hm, and mom apparently won some raffle, and we've had 25 liters of Olive oil delivered to the house...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The puppy has a bit of the devil in him today which is being so much fun..

Hm, and mom apparently won some raffle, and we've had 25 liters of Olive oil delivered to the house...

Now all you need is some nice girl to lather with it. :I

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Have to go on site again, sadly minus a flamethrower and grenades.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's a pretty cool day - or such it sounds to me Shryke!

boss at my new job is obsessed with Arkham City, and today was praising my apparent Batman detective skills when i discovered that one of our contractors has effectively been stealing money from the company

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Tried working my way through one of those "10 minute yoga tone up" routines. And surprisingly my spine is actually feeling rather untensed now.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tried working my way through one of those "10 minute yoga tone up" routines. And surprisingly my spine is actually feeling rather untensed now.

Niiice. I should take up yoga. The day is almost done and I look forward to my own way to untense, which involves a wee bit o' whiskey and maybe some wine. For the mortals among you, don't mix those.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That's a pretty cool day - or such it sounds to me Shryke!

yeah i'm quite liking this job so far

compared to my last job, it's better hours, better pay, easier work, and much more relaxed

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Hey, Lady in Red, we've been thinking about getting a new cat. Two of our died over the past couple of years. One died literally as I was trying to get her to take medicine. It would be unseemly to go on about it, but it wasn't fun.

Anyhow, we have one more cat and she's older, like 15 years, and I don't want to get a new cat for her to get used to at her age. Plus, and I'm ashamed to admit, that I liked the other cats better. We loved them all, but she just was more of a pest than the other two. Now that she gets all the attention, I don't want to bring in another cat. When she dies, we'll probably get two more cats. All of our cats have been strays, but we might go to the shelter next time.

Yeah, it can be tough to try to bring in a new cat when there's still one old cat. Not that it can't work, but I tend to avoid it.

I always end up with a favorite cat...hard not to I think. There's always one that seems to fit "you" a little better than the others. That was my one hesitation about getting this new pair...I wasn't 100% sure how much I'd like the grey one. But I do like having a bonded pair to keep themselves company when I'm too busy/distracted or something.

Most of my cats have been strays or from friends who'd dump them on my door, heh. Nothing like that since we moved, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just realized I'm more scared of the political system in the US than I am of a Zombie osama bin laden planning attacks on the US.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think lots of people are more frightened by politics than zombies.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Somehow messed up my hip flexor or so I've determined from Googling (original way I wrote that made it sound as if I got a Google induced injury, hah!). Will make the walk home fun, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a little tongue in cheek sure, but I'm still more scared of the US political system than I am of any external terror threat there ever has been.

It's a little tongue in cheek sure, but I'm still more scared of the US political system than I am of any external terror threat there ever has been.

I don't blame you in the least. Why do you think I've been arguing that we need to strip these suckers of as much of their power as possible?

I'll make a libertarian of you before it's over Calax. The college commies can't have sunk their claws too deep into you yet!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A pig in your living room is more startling than a cobra in the forest.

Doesn't make it more serious a threat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You obviously never had a pig on your living room.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You've obviously never seen my living room.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nice to see the Titans afoot :(

Niiice. I should take up yoga. The day is almost done and I look forward to my own way to untense, which involves a wee bit o' whiskey and maybe some wine. For the mortals among you, don't mix those.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

You've obviously never seen my living room.

Touche

BTW who was the pig in the metaphor?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't blame you in the least. Why do you think I've been arguing that we need to strip these suckers of as much of their power as possible?

I'll make a libertarian of you before it's over Calax. The college commies can't have sunk their claws too deep into you yet!

Actually it's not so much the system, as it is the current people in power. Prior to the current crew of politicians they actually, you know, negotiated... like what politics is generally considered, which meant that here was the balance of power where people would be protected by a tyrannical majority/minority. However now, everything is polarized to the point where it's "All or nothing" for both sides (the Reds more than the Blues), which means that the tyranny of the minorities has been in effect.

My neighbor was actually at a Bachman lecture/rally thing today for a class where she said "Flat tax for everyone! And corporate tax breaks!" And that several programs currently on the fed level should be tossed to the state level (which is like giving your life savings to a drug addict)