What you did today

Tale

Typical Monday. Kids will be out tonight, so that'll be freaking annoying with the bell ringing even if it is a school night. Should set up some sort of timer operated candy dispenser, hah.

I live in an apartment block where one of the ladies gathered all the kids yesterday (and informed all of us today). Since I knew that I'd be getting just the one unit of kids, I just hung a candy bag on my doorbell. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, found out an old professor is doing quite well - http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/...keover-app?bn=1

Think he's one of about two or three people to get perfect in every course taken in Engineering, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After a year with no cat, I'm ready for a new furball to love. Going to the Humane Society this morning to have a looksee. There's some purebreeds I'd love to have, but I just can't do it with all those abandoned kitties already needing homes. :p Might even get an older one if I find one I like. Older kitties need love too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Put on my (three eyelet, so no granny kicking) doc martens for today, and immediately got a massive blister. Six months of essentially sitting down and wearing sneakers when I've absolutely had to go out has apparently totally pussified me. Guess it'll be softer leather for the rest of the week. :(

Also utter failure of a day at lunch, main achievement was grabbing a good minute steak at one of the two good steakhouses close to the uni. Kind of making it my main aim for the month to not have to eat at the teacher's restaurant (where they serve the same crap as to the students, albeit at double the price, a nicer salad selection and slightly better table manners from everyone involved) before I leave the place (hopegully) for good.

Other aim for November is getting used to having a schedule again, for good and for worse. Waking up at ungodly hours (possibly stretching to 6am) instead of just starting to work when I wake up, but also having such things like free time, instead of just working until I drop. :p

Was trundling along taking care of assorted matters today, went into the evening with various distractions, paused for a moment and then just got hit by a very tiring kind of feeling. Just suddenly started thinking about the Ex (the lost love type of grand-ex of ex's), and how she has kids now. Had that kind of realisation that I am quite envious/jealous of her husband, both for being married to her and for the kids. Just that whole..weird angsty longing to have that family halloween and what it would be like to take the kids out trick or treating and get back home with her.

I think I need a serious mental scrub and get back to keeping myself distracted. Or find some game to blow **** up. Compartmentalisation is my friend. :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Didn't get that job I interviewed for last week. That'll teach me to be optimistic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Didn't get that job I interviewed for last week. That'll teach me to be optimistic.

You have my sympathy. Good luck with the next one.

On a side note I have a new motivational slogan to stick on my monitor - "The acceptance of defeat is an invitation for its repetition"

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs before finding the right match. Never give up hope :(

Makes you wonder about the origin of the term "french kissing".

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Came home with a giant black cat and his bonded grey buddy (grey one isn't quite as big but still large). The black one is seriously huge, first thing you notice. More than 2 feet head to butt and 19" tall when sitting up straight on haunches - but he's lanky so not super heavy. Both 6 years old. There were a few others I thought about but rescuing a pair like that (not a lot want two older cats at once) felt right. They're gentle/mellow & adorable (which also suits me well). I'm happy. :sorcerer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was trundling along taking care of assorted matters today, went into the evening with various distractions, paused for a moment and then just got hit by a very tiring kind of feeling. Just suddenly started thinking about the Ex (the lost love type of grand-ex of ex's), and how she has kids now. Had that kind of realisation that I am quite envious/jealous of her husband, both for being married to her and for the kids. Just that whole..weird angsty longing to have that family halloween and what it would be like to take the kids out trick or treating and get back home with her.

Hey, I was supposed to post that! :rolleyes:

Or find some blow
:sorcerer:

It's funny isn't it. Rejection must be one of the few things which doesn't get better with practice!

~

Up betimes and to work as normal. A variety of thinsg on my plate, all pretty interesting. Still paniciking about the general economy, or at least its deletrious effect on the midddle management of this moronic country. There's a couple of million middle aged men and women who could use having Malcador's motivational message branded on their arms with hot irons.

~

Nep, Raithe, for God's sake move on. Enough said. :sorcerer:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Almost figured out Cricket today. A colleague spent more than half an hour trying to explain the rules and scoring system for me. I almost grasped it, but in the end it eluded me. Now what was that about "overs" again?... :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nep, Raithe, for God's sake move on. Enough said. :rolleyes:

I am, but she sends me baby pictures. :sorcerer:

I also gained a ton of weight during the past year while I was crunching on my dissertation, to the point where I've become essentially invisible to attractive women. Gonna take a while to pull myself out of this swamp, but I'm working on it. The new job is a major step in the right direction. :unsure:

Woke up with a feeling of bile in my throat. And a slight urge to burp. Not feeling weak. Not feeling too hot or too cold. But calling it in, anyway.

Last few times I did this, I always ended up coming in a bit after noon. So we'll see if it lasts.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Almost figured out Cricket today. A colleague spent more than half an hour trying to explain the rules and scoring system for me. I almost grasped it, but in the end it eluded me. Now what was that about "overs" again?... :sorcerer:

Same thing with me and curling. Granted I really don't care all that much about curling, but still. Britian sure produced some odd sports.

Nep, Raithe, for God's sake move on. Enough said. :rolleyes:

It's not so much a tough love approach, as a "please hold still while I apply my boot to your arse" approach.. :sorcerer:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am, but she sends me baby pictures. :sorcerer:

Tell her not to.

~

Gorth. Speaking as an English gentleman I must urge you not to try and understand cricket. That is what umpires and commentators are for. Cricket is to be enjoyed, not understood.

~~

I don't know if it's something to do with having three different jobs of work on, but I'm ravenously hungry all the bloody time.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Signed up for classes. I THINK I'm gonna have a total of one hours between 11 and 5 on tues/thurs to relax between courses

And everything will be 300 level or above.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Came home with a giant black cat and his bonded grey buddy (grey one isn't quite as big but still large). The black one is seriously huge, first thing you notice. More than 2 feet head to butt and 19" tall when sitting up straight on haunches - but he's lanky so not super heavy. Both 6 years old. There were a few others I thought about but rescuing a pair like that (not a lot want two older cats at once) felt right. They're gentle/mellow & adorable (which also suits me well). I'm happy. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new family members!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Signed up for classes. I THINK I'm gonna have a total of one hours between 11 and 5 on tues/thurs to relax between courses

And everything will be 300 level or above.

How many classes are you taking?

Gonna be 12 credits, I leave mwf pretty open (in this part because I'm going to London on a Fri and come back on a Monday)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gorth. Speaking as an English gentleman I must urge you not to try and understand cricket. That is what umpires and commentators are for. Cricket is to be enjoyed, not understood.

Maybe there are indeed things in the Universe that are best left untouched. Maybe native Aussies and Kiwis just have some kind of genetic disposition towards the game. I look at the screen and see nothing, yet they (the natives) will go Ooh!, Yay! and Ahh! simultaneously, like some kind of secret handshake or message passing between them >_

Maybe there are indeed things in the Universe that are best left untouched. Maybe native Aussies and Kiwis just have some kind of genetic disposition towards the game. I look at the screen and see nothing, yet they (the natives) will go Ooh!, Yay! and Ahh! simultaneously, like some kind of secret handshake or message passing between them >_<

Just treat it like opera. You don't need to understand the words to enjoy the experience.

-Elwood Blues