What you did today

Tale

I'm headed into my depressive bipolar state.... yaaaaaay.

I'm not bipolar but I have a couple of consistent time periods in the year that are of the "don't shower for days, stay in bed, dark thoughts, shuffle around in bathrobe" variety. Their severity varies year to year but yeah...always kinda sucks to feel it coming on. Hope this cycle doesn't last too long for you. At least there are vid games & the internet now. :(

Rolling up my sleeves to see if I can't clean out my very neglected webservers this weekend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wrote a bunch of posts but decided that I'm going to be special and not be a broken record like everybody else and refrained from posting them. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also I need to get out some.

Calax, you're still at University right? Hit up some bars man! Meet some new people!

The noise would exacerbate my symptoms.

You need to get a good roll in the hay. That will snap you right out of it, or at least make it go easier.

This requires being social enough to find a willing female who wants to roll around in a haybale. Again, not that much of an option except online.

Honestly, the biggest thing I need to do is cultivate a good friend. It's really the isolation that gets to me (my demeanor doesn't really help me make any friends what so ever and right now my roomate is sleeping in another room because I flipped out on him for always using a variant of "Go **** yourself" to end every discussion). Admittedly saying that and DOING that are two entirely separate things and I'm getting worried about just how hard this one is going to hit given I've gone over in my mind the mechanics of stealing a neighbors bottle of Ibprofin for OD uses.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also I need to get out some.

Calax, you're still at University right? Hit up some bars man! Meet some new people!

The noise would exacerbate my symptoms.

You need to get a good roll in the hay. That will snap you right out of it, or at least make it go easier.

This requires being social enough to find a willing female who wants to roll around in a haybale. Again, not that much of an option except online.

Honestly, the biggest thing I need to do is cultivate a good friend. It's really the isolation that gets to me (my demeanor doesn't really help me make any friends what so ever and right now my roomate is sleeping in another room because I flipped out on him for always using a variant of "Go **** yourself" to end every discussion). Admittedly saying that and DOING that are two entirely separate things and I'm getting worried about just how hard this one is going to hit given I've gone over in my mind the mechanics of stealing a neighbors bottle of Ibprofin for OD uses.

As long as you're not in the bathtub with a knife, it's still going ok. (Only half kidding, I was there a year ago).

OTOH, I the first part of your assessment is right on the money. Of course, it's a lot of trouble in a down phase. I'm lucky to have a few really good friends (my cousin's husband, a geeky American isolated in a very different country, as well as my parents. The latter is easier at this point, especially when you have the same employer).

>_

We have a good friend staying with us - always a gift to share our space! Other than that, I am enjoying doing some studying and walking dogs!

Note to self: one dragon couch, moochers welcome.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I got pretty down about the economic outlook on Friday. Went out for drinks with friends. The drinks didn't help, but the friends did.

Spent yesterday working in the morning then bought a small keg of beer and went to a new friends for a mammoth wargaming session. It's been ages since I did any tabletop and I'd forgot how arguing about the rules, forgetting to add +1 and so on. It was half the fun. Came home pretty drunk, but remarkably happy.

Unfortunately my good mood disappeared in th enight and I dreamed about my house falling part which is hardly very subtle, brain.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Funny today how I woke up everyone but me with my alarm clock. Granted still got up at 7, but is interesting how on weekends and holidays I can get up easily with no sleep, but on work dsys I can barely get myself out of bed.

Today I do the big chores list, ugh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Funny story. Last night I got a call from a friend who went to a concert over at the Fed Ex forum in midtown. He said his truck had been stolen and he needed a ride. I drove out there and picked him and his wife up, the cops were gone but they had a police report in hand. So I picked them up on the east side of the Forum and was driving around to the the west side to exit when I noticed a shiny red Tahoe sitting right there about 20 spaces away from the exit. I asked him "Isn't that your truck?" It was. The fool forgot what side of the arena he parked on. I laughed and I laughed and the more I did the madder his wife got at him. That was worth the drive!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's easy to get turned around in that place. The parking lot is poorly lit and barely numbered and every exit looks the same.

But it was funny!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ah, I knew I'd have to pay for yesterday's great day with a really, really terrible one :huh:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, I knew I'd have to pay for yesterday's great day with a really, really terrible one :huh:

Well, drop the other shoe, boyo. What happened to you? Didn't you get stuck in an elevator or something recently? Or a fire or something like that?

I spent the whole day doing nothing. I haven't had a day to do nothing in a long time and that's what I did. Now I'm continuing to do nothing, which is really relaxing and that's something.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Got a 25cent raise today at work.

*Points finger, making screeching noise*

You corporate fat-cat... just wait until the starving masses sets up camp, demonstrating at your door step, singing "We shall overcome" and "Kumbaya" :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Great, you're gonna take my money and give it to some poor downtrodden CEO in New York aren't you?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Great, you're gonna take my money and give it to some poor downtrodden CEO in New York aren't you?

No, that's what your elected representatives are for.

The day is what it always is, the day that has been. Checking this thread, however, is always pretty much awesome - thanks for the insights, smiles & opportunity to care! Fwiiw: Comic Con '11 was the highlight ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

gf was down for the weekend, but all our plans were for naught as her dad had a heart attack and had to go to hospital

still, he was surprisingly chipper about it all. gave him some time off work and he was surrounded by cute nurses

she left this morning, so i am a sad panda

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

C'mon kids, we live in the age of Obamacare. The money will be taken from "the rich" to pay for everything youre too lazy to earn on your own. And to teach them a lesson for "being rich".

The Romans had a good take on distribution, they knew that mobs in the street had to be paid off for their support, otherwise all that wealth could cease to matter rather quickly. The worse the economy the more insistent the realisation that money is just something we made up to keep us from eating each others' children :p

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

C'mon kids, we live in the age of Obamacare. The money will be taken from "the rich" to pay for everything youre too lazy to earn on your own. And to teach them a lesson for "being rich".

Warren Buffett disagrees with you, and I'm more inclined to believe him. :p

Typical Monday. Kids will be out tonight, so that'll be freaking annoying with the bell ringing even if it is a school night. Should set up some sort of timer operated candy dispenser, hah.