What you did today

Tale

Congrats! How often will you be able to see him Rosbjerg?

My big brother just got a killer job in Japan so I went to the airport to send him off to new adventures.. He'd gotten this guide from a friend, which is actually very serious, but some of the advice are just so alien, and therefore funny, to a European.. My favourite quote was "always remember; a smile on the face and a tear in the heart" in relation to the fact that a Japanese man must never show emotion (under normal circumstances, although they apparently have a word for the occasion when it is allowed).

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

We have a good friend staying with us - always a gift to share our space! Other than that, I am enjoying doing some studying and walking dogs!

Note to self: one dragon couch, moochers welcome.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rather enjoying being in the middle of a storm at work, the higher ups are aware of my existence. That and being on site is fun as I can watch the way cubicle society here works. People only seem to talk with their groupmates or cubicle-mates, generally avoid talking to or making eye contact with anyone else. Also, my word is taken as gospel on our application, which cuts both ways sadly o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also, my word is taken as gospel on our application

Pro-tip: oxen.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oddly you reminded me I need to remove the "Server boot completed! Praise the Omnissiah!" debug message before someone sees that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't see why you'd need to remove it. Might upset the machine spirit if you do. You could try explaining this.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After a year with this application I'm convinced it's a Chaos infested one, so eh. Thinking about it though from a client's POV, IT/app support is a lot like techpriest work though - show up, perform some steps that do -something- and then start the machine/server/program.

I suggest you should introduce user prompts that read "Forgive me, machine. I do what I must." And other bits from the imperial infantryman's primer.

-Elwood Blues

Can't focus on any one game for long anymore/lately. An hour, maybe two, and I drop it, play something else. Repeat, then stop altogether. FNV may have been my last hurrah for obsessive marathon gaming....unless Skyrim grabs me in the same time-sucking way.

So right now...I'm off to read a book. :sorcerer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I suggest you should introduce user prompts that read "Forgive me, machine. I do what I must." And other bits from the imperial infantryman's primer.

Can't be any worse than our "THERE IS AN ERROR. GET HELP NOW!!" messages.

Well, after owning a PS3 for more than three years, got my first Platinum trophy (DXHR). Well, that's done now, can just enjoy the game now. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wasted time making this. :p

Happy (early) Halloween people.

That was very... orange

I don't really celebrate Halloween, but some good offers and sales on spooky stuff usually shows up at this time of year :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just got done with an exceptionally beautiful bit of Fourier analysis. Went from an ugly triple-integral to the exact single integral expression I wanted in ~5 lines, by means of an integrating factor, integration by parts, *and* a delta function.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It's a saturday, so I didn't put on my alarm. I apparently slept in and didn't wake up until it had gone noon.

At which point I found out that no-one else in the family had thought to help mom get her meds out and sorted for the day, and that finally someone had decided to make her a drink about 5 mintues before I got up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just got done with an exceptionally beautiful bit of Fourier analysis. Went from an ugly triple-integral to the exact single integral expression I wanted in ~5 lines, by means of an integrating factor, integration by parts, *and* a delta function.

I'm infuriated at the fact I don't understand that, yet remember doing it in signals :blush:

I'm headed into my depressive bipolar state.... yaaaaaay.

Also I need to get out some.

Calax, you're still at University right? Hit up some bars man! Meet some new people!

The noise would exacerbate my symptoms.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm headed into my depressive bipolar state.... yaaaaaay.

Also I need to get out some.

Calax, you're still at University right? Hit up some bars man! Meet some new people!

The noise would exacerbate my symptoms.

You need to get a good roll in the hay. That will snap you right out of it, or at least make it go easier.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In a totally WTF kind of positioning, I actually am curious - why do so many people say "hey, you're wound up / stressed / in a rut / whatnot, go and get yourself a nice one-night stand."

I mean, OK, people like sex. But what is the reasoning/wisdom here about it helping you snap out of it?

Well, if it were a normal case of the blues it probably would. What Calax is dealing with is a lot more complicated and not curable by the "chicken soup" method (something that makes you feel better without actually curing anything). But it certainly wouldn't hurt!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tearing up cardboard boxes is stress relief for me, and it aids in recycling.