What you did today

Tale

I'm sure you did the best you could, Cant, old son. But not even you can make me change my opinion on this. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Found my internet banking had locked up.. so I had to go through the rigamorale of getting it unlocked. Joy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Another day of being on site due to a client not noticing a bug staring them in the face for 4 YEARS, as they don't read a column. Instills faith in the banking industry, this does. This coupled with the, as my mother calls it, 'English weather', is making this out to be one lousy day.

On the bright side, it's new books and games time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Another day of being on site due to a client not noticing a bug staring them in the face for 4 YEARS, as they don't read a column. Instills faith in the banking industry, this does. This coupled with the, as my mother calls it, 'English weather', is making this out to be one lousy day.

On the bright side, it's new books and games time.

Ah yes the weather. Found I was being a tad scatterbrained and unfocused, so I took the dog out for a walk up and down the hill for a bit between rain downpours. For a day that's been repetitive heavy showers, it's a glaringly bright sun.

Work this morning, then clocked off to sing on my friends album. Bloody awful. Drank vodka. Now don't care am bloody awful. Funny how being recorded can make me tense up so much I basically throw away five years of lessons! >_<

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Work this morning, then clocked off to sing on my friends album. Bloody awful. Drank vodka. Now don't care am bloody awful. Funny how being recorded can make me tense up so much I basically throw away five years of lessons! >_

You need to link us some day so we can hear those golden pipes.

Hm, realised I have a rather massive of amount of tv shows saved up to watch at some point. Need to have that vital combination of actual time to sit down and catch up with those shows and the mood to spend the time that way.

One nice thing about getting out of design work, I'm getting home on time again, and then enjoying free time once I do get home. I'd forgotten how good that feels. Time to kick back with a big glass of iced tea and watch some Law & Order. Woo Hoo.

No baseball tonight. Bummer.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Killing myself laughing at what this panic bug is, that's kept me at work until 1830 every night thus far this week. Simple date +1 and all because some dude missed something 3 years ago

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm feeling good. Never had an interview I felt comfortable at before. First time I've walked out excited instead of feeling like I blew it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm feeling good. Never had an interview I felt comfortable at before. First time I've walked out excited instead of feeling like I blew it.

That means you blew it.

Tomorrow I have to go have that stress test. It actually pisses me off. I'm sure it's just bad indigestion, but I have to go spend virtually the entire day so they can check out my heart. Really, because it's not feasible to do anything after the test, I've lost the whole day. I guess I can come chat about crap on this message board tomorrow.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I guess I can come chat about crap on this message board tomorrow.

Awesome stress relief :)

Life is currently a balancing act between work and a bit of spare time. The latter usually spent staring at some empty space feeling like my skull is full of cobwebs. Using miniature painting and FO:NV to keep my mind doing something at least, even if it feels low on battery :)

Wondering about how Tarna is doing too.

Considering investing in one of those big tomes of Active Directory to finally get it read and hopefully get a broader understanding of some of the underlying mechanisms and design philosophies.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We have a dear friend staying with us. It is always a gift when we can share the privilege of this physical space with people who are travelling and are 'family of choice.'

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Is it of any help to hear that one of my life's learnings is that our bodies never lie?

Tomorrow I have to go have that stress test. It actually pisses me off. I'm sure it's just bad indigestion, but I have to go spend virtually the entire day so they can check out my heart. Really, because it's not feasible to do anything after the test, I've lost the whole day. I guess I can come chat about crap on this message board tomorrow.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Work this morning, then clocked off to sing on my friends album. Bloody awful. Drank vodka. Now don't care am bloody awful. Funny how being recorded can make me tense up so much I basically throw away five years of lessons! :lol:

You need to link us some day so we can hear those golden pipes.

As soon as I get a recording which doesn't sound like a donkey being whaled on with a bar stool, I just might.

Ugh.

NEVER agree to work on a song about getting stupidly drunk in local pubs.

-Elwood Blues

NEVER ...(get) stupidly drunk.

Much better. I should be an editor. I woke up thinking today was Friday, which put me in a good mood until I realized it's not.

When the family picks up a stomach bug.. those are the days you give thanks to the fact that there is more then one toilet in the house...

My big brother just got a killer job in Japan so I went to the airport to send him off to new adventures.. He'd gotten this guide from a friend, which is actually very serious, but some of the advice are just so alien, and therefore funny, to a European.. My favourite quote was "always remember; a smile on the face and a tear in the heart" in relation to the fact that a Japanese man must never show emotion (under normal circumstances, although they apparently have a word for the occasion when it is allowed).

Fortune favors the bald.

As soon as I get a recording which doesn't sound like a donkey being whaled on with a bar stool, I just might.

You could always pull a "Britney", just play back some computer generated voices without straining your own vocal chords in the process :*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My big brother just got a killer job in Japan so I went to the airport to send him off to new adventures.. He'd gotten this guide from a friend, which is actually very serious, but some of the advice are just so alien, and therefore funny, to a European.. My favourite quote was "always remember; a smile on the face and a tear in the heart" in relation to the fact that a Japanese man must never show emotion (under normal circumstances, although they apparently have a word for the occasion when it is allowed).

I always found these ethnographic survival guides about Japan pretty funny, must be that 'strange factor' that makes people think they wouldn't survive a minute without knowing how to bow correctly in every conceivable situation.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Did the Cardiolite Stress Test. Not really a bad ordeal so much as time consuming. They got me in early, though, so that was a plus. What really burns me is that I'm sure my heart is just fine. I had a couple boughts of bad chest pain, which I explained to my wife was just bad heartburn from indigestion, and she decides to call my doctor and make it a drama. Ever since I refused to go in for stomach pain until a week or so after my appendix burst a couple of years ago, she gets freaked out about stuff. I'm going to live to be a hundred and ten years old, no doubt.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Holy Crow, what a ballgame! Game 7 here we come! Almost wish this series would last another week.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think baseball can use an exciting world series. I'm pulling for the Rangers myself, but it's always good to see a series to all the way to the seventh games, especially saved by an extra innings homer to keep the series alive.

All that said, I think the Rangers will win when you look at all the factors. Of course, I gave the Cards a huge advantage by making a prediction. :cant's huge grin icon:

Obsidian Plays