What you did today

Tale

Yeah, sorry about your dog GD... Missed that one last night :p

Welcome back Iwanttehkotor, are you in college yet?

Thanks... Yup yup, somewhat unfortunately for my sleep schedule...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Where do you go? you're from the states right?

Yup yup... Brown!

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Where do you go? you're from the states right?

Yup yup... Brown!

Congrats, that is outstanding!

We were speaking of feeling old earlier, when I started coming to this board you, Krookie, Pixies, heck even Calax were all kids! Wild stuff.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And you are all correct, she had a great run and went out happy and peacefully. Thats the best any of us can hope for.

Except me. I'll be the dumbass that falls off a ladder while hanging a fan or something. :p

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congrats, that is outstanding!

Thanks!

We were speaking of feeling old earlier, when I started coming to this board you, Krookie, Pixies, heck even Calax were all kids! Wild stuff.

A quick check tells me you were here long before me, but yeah, I know what you mean- I was a freshman in highschool when i joined here... Now I feel old...

Except me. I'll be the dumbass that falls off a ladder while hanging a fan or something. :p

:p:lol: :lol:

Put in an application yesterday. Got a callback today. Have a preliminary on Wednesday.

I'm fairly confident that I can get it. I'm not too excited about the job itself, but I think it could be a good entry point. Okay, maybe I could be a little excited about the job. It's a significant move up from where I am as it is.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Put in an application yesterday. Got a callback today. Have a preliminary on Wednesday.

I'm fairly confident that I can get it. I'm not too excited about the job itself, but I think it could be a good entry point. Okay, maybe I could be a little excited about the job. It's a significant move up from where I am as it is.

Never underestimate the power of being able to put experience on your resume. I know experience and verifiable references means more to us when looking for resources than most other things :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Verifiable... whatsits? You mean that thingy where other people put those names with the strange numbers?

Never had any of those.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've realised I seem to have gotten into the habit of eating only one actual "meal" a day. I don't think you can count a couple of digestive biscuits or a single mini-pork pie as an actual lunch... Even if that sole meal at night is a good mixture of vegetables and protein based food, I really need to start getting back into proper eating habits.

That and I'm slipping into that whole "not fall asleep till somewhere around 0330" once more.

Maybe that combination is why my mojo has been off this month...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Impromptu session with an old friend last night. Over-tense so we started on iced vodka. Then moved onto beer. Ate roast chicken with knives, watched Inglorious Basterds and moved onto Sicilian red wine.

I am now hungover and thanks to sleeping at a weird angle my back hurts.

Great night though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Impromptu session with an old friend last night. Over-tense so we started on iced vodka. Then moved onto beer. Ate roast chicken with knives, watched Inglorious Basterds and moved onto Sicilian red wine.

I am now hungover and thanks to sleeping at a weird angle my back hurts.

Great night though.

I speedread that "back" as "butt" at first, and had my eyebrows jump quite a bit.

Sorry to hear about your goggie Guard Dog, but also happy to hear the things did work out quite well for her in the end.

Signed my new employment yesterday and told the people at the uni I'll be leaving a month early. They all seem extremely happy, probably just to see me go. Well, I'm happy to leave, too. :D

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I speedread that "back" as "butt" at first, and had my eyebrows jump quite a bit.

What a narrow minded chap you are! :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dad decided to cook a meal tonight. And with the consideration that my mother is not a fan of chilli or ginger, and that about the only form of seafood I won't eat is in curry format.. He made a prawn biryani curry with massive amounts of salt, chilli and ginger. :)

Now I'm going to do a run up for some fish and chips I believe.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fire 15 floors below us at work, they're pumping air into the stairwells which I, rather belatedly, realized was to prevent smoke entering it. Interestingly, the pressure difference seems to prevent the stairwell door being opened though. I haven't attempted forcefully opening it, but still pretty interesting day!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What a narrow minded chap you are! :ermm:

Oh, if you only new... ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hope it's not a huge/overly dangerous fire, Malcador. Stay safe.

Not in a gaming mood yesterday/today so I've been catching up on some TV again. "Man, Woman, Wild" is a strange survival show. 1st episode wasn't very good but it became better after that. I like the idea conceptually (man/woman) but the couple is kind of annoying and I don't like the "helpless woman" shrieking the wife sometimes does. Get a grip, lady. The show "Dual Survival" is much better entertainment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hope it's not a huge/overly dangerous fire, Malcador. Stay safe.

Not in a gaming mood yesterday/today so I've been catching up on some TV again. "Man, Woman, Wild" is a strange survival show. 1st episode wasn't very good but it became better after that. I like the idea conceptually (man/woman) but the couple is kind of annoying and I don't like the "helpless woman" shrieking the wife sometimes does. Get a grip, lady. The show "Dual Survival" is much better entertainment.

Nah, not dead yet, y'all aint that lucky. Still was rather fun trying to open the door, finally did get it open and a lot of dusty air in the face, blech. Apparently was a minor electrical fire, so no need for fire brigade as some janitor used the extinguisher with skill and quickness.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As I get older I become more and more incredulous of two business departments: customer services, and human resources. All big businesses I deal with seeem to treat the first as an embarassing bodily malformation like a third nipple. They get hidden away, and under-supported. The latter is bafflingly well supported and seems solely oriented on preventing the hiring of good people or the firing of bad ones.

-Elwood Blues

The latter is bafflingly well supported and seems solely oriented on preventing the hiring of good people or the firing of bad ones.

I've got a bit different experiences with the latter. They are rarely involved in the hiring process except as Chaperones, protecting the interviewee against grumpy old men :)

In my current work place they went out of their way in put in overtime in their own time to help me out when getting my permanent residency and they assist with business trips abroad (what you need to know, vaccinations, visas you need to apply for before going there etc.). Usually delivering prompt and good answers to questions about workplace relations, leave etc. too.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd been a member of human resources and, as such we had input into training and hiring. Please forgive me if I'm a tad disoriented at the moment, but I thought I'd weigh in on this issue. Often, training and other 'human resources' responsibilities are part of the same heading at large corporations. In either case, and I've done both, most of the folks really do try to help the operational staff and management do a good job. In the end, of course, it amounts to moving rocks from one pile to the other and then back again, but that's the nature of life.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

In the end, of course, it amounts to moving rocks from one pile to the other and then back again, but that's the nature of life.

Poor Sisyphos, ended up working in HR :)

Poor Sisyphos, ended up working in HR :p

We're all Sisyphos, Gorth, my old friend. It's just that the lucky ones open Pandora's box and fool themselves. :Cant's **** eating grin icon

Seriously, though, I thnk most most human resources people have at least some baqckground in customer service, which should scare the hell out of my friend, Wals. ...And I still resent you being more eloquent in my native tongue than I am, Gorth, you bastard!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!