What you did today

Tale

Just to join in on the toenail conversation, I have no particular opinion on the attractiveness of my toenails. But they do annoy me from time to time. Specifically, the toenails on the big toe on each foot angle somewhat upwards. Which makes it damned hard to find comfortable shoes, and causes me to wear through socks at a rather rapid pace (as the toenail is always rubbing the sock against the top of the shoe).

Aye, I hate it when toenails do that. Mine mostly do it a bit when I haven't cut them recently tho. :shifty:

1:30am I am amped up/unfocused for some reason. Bouncing around the web instead of doing anything more productive or even "fun." Won't be going to sleep anytime soon.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

so New Zealand has won the Rugby World Cup

to be honest, I'm just glad it's over

at least the final wasn't held here in Wellington. town was full of drunken ****wits every night there was a game here - it didn't matter who was playing. so i would've hated to see what Auckland was like tonight with the final

congratz to the team and all, but when i see newspaper websites saying stuff like "As at Mt Everest in 1953, and in 1987 at Eden Park, New Zealand is back on top of the world"

that's just insulting. comparing a ****ing game of rugby to a pinnacle of human achievement :shifty:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

So it's turned out that my sister has broken up with the bf.. so the whole "i can get a puppy because in a year I'll be moving in to a new place with the bf and you won't have to deal with a growing alsatian" seems to have gone out the window.

Apparently my mom's sister and her husband are flying out here from Australia next year for mom's 65th birthday, so in that space of time have to figure out exactly where they'll be staying. Hm, guess that's one thing to put on the "later priority list".

My grandmothers neighbours have broken out the ladders to start putting christmas - yes, christmas decorations up on the outside of their house.

I've realised I've gotten into the rather bad habit of eating one meal a day, which I should probably give due thought to. I had a minor spending splurge at rpgnow for some light retail therapy, but still can't seem to pick my mood up just yet.. This seems to have been a week of low mojo. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Having huge cascading problems with the latest Java update. **** Adobe. **** them right in the ****ing ear.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Programs should have some sense of wheter they are nag screen worthy or not. Every time I log into my work computer Adobe acrobat and Flash want me to know that there is a new version. I can't update because of security settings I don't control, but boy am I aware... Can't turn the notifiers off. Ohh joy.

I am slowly starting to hate them. Well acrobat I hated already, PDF is a steaming pile of crap, although sometimes necessary.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Another day of chores and getting crap ready for another fun week at work! Also United got raped at home, Arsenal won, so a nice positive start

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm also off to Sunday worship and then out for lunch with the wife. Festive. I'll pay you to come down south and put up my X-mas decoractions, Hurlshot, but I refuse to do it before the end of November and I sure as hell won't do it until after Halloween.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I spent most of the weekend screwing around with Amiga emulation, and Amiga OS's which has now seen a port to 80x86 architecture.

Interesting stuff, I even write some code in AMOS BASIC, which was a throw back to my youth, think I may finish it up into a small game for the sake of it and stick it out in the world.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm also off to Sunday worship and then out for lunch with the wife. Festive. I'll pay you to come down south and put up my X-mas decoractions, Hurlshot, but I refuse to do it before the end of November and I sure as hell won't do it until after Halloween.

Hey, I wasn't claiming mine would be up by November 1st ;)

I have a lot of Halloween decorations actually. I will probably put up the Christmas stuff during Thanksgiving week. I'm very excited that we have a nice big room for a tree this year.

**** Adobe. **** them right in the ****ing ear.

;) That's what hubby sounds like every time you mention the name "Adobe."

Still trying to wake up, really. Lazy Sunday.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

At 11:30 today I got this call

"Where are you! YOu're supposed to work today!"

"No I'm not..."

"Yes you are!"

"But Boom told me I wasn't supposed to come in today!"

"Well Boom isn't me, I'll talk to her but get in here!"

... *sigh*

For the record, Boom is the manager in charge of making schedules for the store, and was not the morning manager who I was supposed to work for.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My dog Leah passed away in her sleep this morning. She was fifteen years old. She came to me as a foster dog with fear issues seven years ago when I lived in Florida. I was fostering dogs for a private South Florida rescue organization then. Apparently she spent the first eight years of her life chained to a tree being mistreated by neighborhood kids. I don't know how she came to the rescue group but after working to boost her confidence and get her weight and health back to normal (she was terribly malnourished) she became a normal, happy and playful dog. Anyway she was so attached to me I decided to go from being her foster home to her forever home. She was a great girl and lived half a happy life at least. I am sad she is gone but I am also very happy and very blessed to have known her at all.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was in a dream with a cabin house. at times flimsy as a tent. the door knob would fall off and at times the door was opened when i had slept. this house moved from school parking lot to middle of shopping parking lot.

then i slept it in it this winter and it was magically at a market square. i began to get worried and so the message was revealed to me. good and evil began as a hexadecimal map in the color rainbow. XY expansion majorly. I started to get scared so i tried to force my self awake. But it just rebooted with me and my house back at a nicer place.

The fountain was stocked with flowers. beautiful things in the center. the message was starting to be read to me again and i knew this secret to the universe may indeed take my entire life tobe revealed. I had to wakeu p. But not before finding a female and fsurprise on her for a little kissy. my view broke up like torn paper. i was kicked out.

hey it was my dream :)

\

but then i had a new one. my team got mad because i didn't know who my team was. i also didn't check theb all. i also ran out of bounds and hit the ball up too many times.

so they got mad. and formed a sit on me until i lose all air party and die. the pile was so tight they wanted me to suffocate. but i was saved by a mc donalds mascot. he/it had a hoody on, and a boiler for fries in that hood. a large tongue floated in the boiling grease.

after i was saved i said thanks mcdonalds . i got home, it was late, no one understood i could of died. but at least there were sweet snacks out in the open. so lost i felt.

you know that feeling when whatyou just went through was so odd you don't even belong where you wake up?

redacted

My dog Leah passed away in her sleep this morning. She was fifteen years old. She came to me as a foster dog with fear issues seven years ago when I lived in Florida. I was fostering dogs for a private South Florida rescue organization then. Apparently she spent the first eight years of her life chained to a tree being mistreated by neighborhood kids. I don't know how she came to the rescue group but after working to boost her confidence and get her weight and health back to normal (she was terribly malnourished) she became a normal, happy and playful dog. Anyway she was so attached to me I decided to go from being her foster home to her forever home. She was a great girl and lived half a happy life at least. I am sad she is gone but I am also very happy and very blessed to have known her at all.

:)

my old dog had massive abandonment issues. we got her when she was 5 or so, because her previous family just left her behind when they moved. every time we moved house she would get absolutely terrified, and hide in the car so we couldn't leave without her. she was an awesome brittany spaniel and was about 18 when she passed

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I came back. Finally.

EDIT: And apparently Archie's the only one who left...

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

:') such a nice guy guard dog.

Tis never fun to lose a pet thats become part of the family, but at least it sounds like she had a good last half of a life.

The spaniel here is a rescue dog, and she is very clingy even several years on. If there's only one person in the house she'll tend to run in nervous circles and camp out by the front door until someone else turns up.

Hm, early monday morning start, mom has a hospital appointment, its turning into a bit of a grey day. And in between I've had a bit of a dabble reading Eclipse Phase , which seems to be an interesting transhumanism/horror/sci-fi rpg.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am slowly starting to hate them. Well acrobat I hated already, PDF is a steaming pile of crap, although sometimes necessary.

PDF as a concept is quite good I like PDF. At least I do now I use Foxit. PDFs load with a click of the fingers, I can copy text etc. etc. Opening one in Adobe takes ten and a half years and I am not allowed to do anything.

Oh yes, Foxit is free. So naturally Adobe is the the one all government and big industry people use.

I should have guns. Many guns. Floating around me. Controlled by murderthoughts. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sorry to hear about your dog, but sounds you two had a good run. Not looking forward to when my dachshunds die, we left a bunch of dogs back home when we moved, so wasn't around when they died so haven't dealt with that in person, heh.

Today is starting awesomely, our phones don't work - suck on that, annoying clients!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra