What you did today

Tale

Well on this morning I wasn't waken up early by the puppy jumping on me. So that counts for the mental "rah!" tick. However , my alarm hadn't gone off so I in fact slept on ... my wakeup call was literally a call. The phone went.

Although until that point I was in the middle of some really freaky dream. A 'good guy' german billionaire with privacy issues, secret tunnels, hidden trains, paranoid conspiracies, clones of people I knew at school, lots of running around, and even some bloody hanggliders - although I can't recall exactly how they fit into the dream.

And one of the dogs managed to swipe some butter from the side last night..and is currently suffering the after-effects. Apparently my oversleep was good for one thing, I missed the spaniel helplessly pooping in the hall... So she's doing the slight cowering and looking very sorry for herself right at the moment.

Now I hope a nice hot cup of tea will help me focus some and skip that slight background headache...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When I was really young I think some of the things I internalized had side effects too great to comprehend or escape from. My perceived world was all fractals. It was like being able to fall in any direction. It hurt me very much that things with no purpose went on happily. They also surrounded me and cut me with their Nut-cracker weapons. I can't push out. I CAN:Ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt . why do the other children all ignore me? the shapes and colors are not mine too enjoy. with my hate for my self image, i was able to have one of the best bodies on earth. No make up, no working out. Rage and emotion don't belong in the work place. this is my room. they sit behind me. I can talk to them quantumly from port side of meanings i don'tk now. knots too hard to tie. my teeth grind. i don't brush them. but i have lost them in my dreams. stupid fool. damn me.

Edited by Prosper

redacted

By the way, today I reflected that American Horror Story is a cheap, cliched show that falls so far behind Carnivale (thanks KQD for the suggestion) that it isn't even funny. I was so pissed off that I canceled my series recording of it. It's not like I have time for it these days anyhow.

all i've heard about American Horror Story is people saying "oh my god the maid is so hot"

so i'll admit i'm kinda tempted to investigate :thumbsup:

Edited by Shryke

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Provided the hallucinogens have a slimfast effect I'd imagine we'd all be pretty relaxed about it.

Working flat out today. I haven't even had time for a coffee. Or bacon. Which is borderline insane on a much more meaningful level.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I slipped in the tub this morning. My side is going to hurt like hell tomorrow, I imagine.

What the heck, people? I'm not 60.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

@ Hurlshot: And what do you think? Which version of 7?

So far it's great, much better than Vista. Cleaner, simpler, faster. It also made networking with my wife and our printer super easy.

I'm running the 32-bit version. I'm tempted to up it to the 64-bit version, as I have 6 gigs of RAM and I know it can't handle that. I'm just not sure what the potential drawbacks are.

The only glitch I see is when I open my games folder, I have a bunch of broken icons. Some of them say Everquest 2: Desert Flames and some of them are blank. I can't delete them or anything. I read online that the windows cleaning utility can get rid of it, but apparently that has been retired because it can break your OS. :/

I'm running the 32-bit version. I'm tempted to up it to the 64-bit version, as I have 6 gigs of RAM and I know it can't handle that. I'm just not sure what the potential drawbacks are.

Anecdotal evidence (i.e. my own experiences), so far none. If you have some really antiquated, obscure (and unsupported) hardware, you might have trouble finding drivers, but anything released by most popular brands is updated a long time ago by now. Haven't found a game or application yet that hated W7 x64 more than it hated my hardware. Very old stuff can run on Dosbox or VirtualPC anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I occasionally think 64 bit causes me problems.

In the same way that a pig occasionally thinks there is something on its head.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We raised the issue to my sister that she keeps leaving her coat (quite often with keys and such inside it) in the porch. That isn't locked, and tends to have postmen and various delivery people open it to wait at the front door.

Her reply was along the lines of "Oh, but you don't like it if I hang my coats over the end of the bannister in the hall. So it's your fault , you should just lock the porch door."

:shifty:

That's my mom and sister for the most part. It's someone else's fault for creating an environment that permitted them to do something silly. At least it makes dealing with my customers easier.

Can't wait for today to end. Granted the problem is that there's tomorrow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We raised the issue to my sister that she keeps leaving her coat (quite often with keys and such inside it) in the porch. That isn't locked, and tends to have postmen and various delivery people open it to wait at the front door.

Her reply was along the lines of "Oh, but you don't like it if I hang my coats over the end of the bannister in the hall. So it's your fault , you should just lock the porch door."

:shifty:

So, what's your problem with hanging the coat on the bannister exactly. Control freaks ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Anecdotal evidence (i.e. my own experiences), so far none. If you have some really antiquated, obscure (and unsupported) hardware, you might have trouble finding drivers, but anything released by most popular brands is updated a long time ago by now. Haven't found a game or application yet that hated W7 x64 more than it hated my hardware. Very old stuff can run on Dosbox or VirtualPC anyway.

Yup, that's about it for my experience too. I don't see any reason not to run the 64-bit version.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yup, that's about it for my experience too. I don't see any reason not to run the 64-bit version.

I have to do a clean install to upgrade to x64, right? It's probably time for that anyways, I suppose.

...I was one of the people that commutes two hours to school for classes.

Please forgive me, but this made me laugh out loud. It sucks, I know. I get you, but it's still funny.

Hey, I live in town so it's a 10 minute drive up to class for me. Not a problem on my end, but I know several people in the class that commute from out of town that were pretty angry when they heard that the prof was out of town all week. Lots of grumbling about waste of gas on the way out of class.

Please forgive me, but this made me laugh out loud. It sucks, I know. I get you, but it's still funny.

Hey, I live in town so it's a 10 minute drive up to class for me. Not a problem on my end, but I know several people in the class that commute from out of town that were pretty angry when they heard that the prof was out of town all week. Lots of grumbling about waste of gas on the way out of class.

One of the guys I knew at uni lived on the Isle of Wight. Had to get up about 3 hours early to catch the hovercraft across to the mainland, before he could get to the University. He didn't actually get digs closer until around the last year ...

One of the guys I knew at uni lived on the Isle of Wight. Had to get up about 3 hours early to catch the hovercraft across to the mainland, before he could get to the University. He didn't actually get digs closer until around the last year ...

Sounds like he had the wight idea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Feeling old again because when people say "30 years ago!" I still think "Vietnam!"

I know what you mean. I was a bit late to have the Vietnam association, but when I think of that long ago, what comes to mind is John Lennon's murder. Big Beatle fan when I was 12 and seeing that on the news (near Xmas too!) was horrifying at the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This isn't a personal association... just an association born out of the fact that when I read up on ward stuff in the day, it'd always be "30 years ago in vietnam". I'm not old enough to have lived around nam :)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And even then, he only did it because the hovercraft was full of eels.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm not old enough to have lived around nam :)

.... :) lol...silly me.

I'd thought you were younger than that, but then I thought "well maybe I was wrong", since I'm terrible at keeping stuff like that in my memory.

Edited by LadyCrimson

:) My frame of reference is still stuck in late 90's era. I suppose that's the best way to put it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.