What you did today

Tale

Maybe an ammunition bandolier? That would be pretty cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Will do - if there are others who want to send messages, and some already have, please make use of OM as I really DO NOT want to miss anyone's messages!

I've been on nil by mouth. The first thing you eat when you come off it tastes 100 times better than it has any right to. Please convey this to tarna along with my instructions to have a good fillet steak and a good Argentine red.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Did get a bit of work done today... had to spend a bit of time fiddling around with the flush on the downstairs toilet since it wasn't working. I'd actually forgotten the DE:HR dlc was out today, so had a pleased moment and thought I'd just check it out for a short time. Two hours later and I'm feeling a wee bit guilty.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Glad to hear some good news about Tarna!

Had some issues with my internet connection over the past few days. Finally got fed up with the constant disconnects as they were getting to be more and more frequent so we called it in. Turns out their system was regularly trying to bump up our speed profile beyond what the line could handle which resulted in the whole connection dropping while it reset. They had someone cap our line at a lower speed so it wouldn't do that anymore, but somehow in the process they managed to completely kill our line so we went without internet yesterday. After another call to support internet was back up and running first thing this morning so yay! :p

Also had a mid term for my Recruitment and Selection course today which actually wasn't as bad as I was predicting based on my past experiences with this professor. I'm cautiously optimistic about it for now. That and I've finally got a contact number for one of my group members. Only took me 2 weeks to get that. :/

Plumber had to be called in...I think these old houses have roots growing into all their pipes. Everyone just grinds out the roots every year or two because no one wants to spend thousands and thousands ripping up concrete foundations to replace all the piping (neither does the city of course). All these aging infrastructures...gonna be a big problem someday soon. heh

Chinese food and bad TV, then good book and bed.

I would be playing FNV/DLC's or Two Worlds2 but Steam site ticked me off. Maybe tomorrow. :sorcerer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a bout of hiccupping last night . Not serious until I doscovered I had graunched my back. Got almost no sleep, despite necking pills. Two hours just before dawn left me feeling quite human.

Now in that half-twilight world where I you can do familiar actions, but the unfamiliar leave the mind cold, still, and unresponsive. May have radio interview later. Joy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Heh, did get that job after all. Guess that experienced person somebody was pitching at them wasn't interested in the 12-13 month contract, but I'm ecstatic right now. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, did get that job after all. Guess that experienced person somebody was pitching at them wasn't interested in the 12-13 month contract, but I'm ecstatic right now. :D

Congratulations, man. A blow against the tyranny of the mediocre.

Now, quickly move to your penguin based office model and see the rewards roll squawking in!

-Elwood Blues

Been slowly building up a list of notes on a report to try writing an executive summary. Trying to flex those creative juices. I might just take a short break to kill something on Deus Ex.

Kicked the dogs outside for the moment with some bones, so they should be somewhat settled...

Preparing for the joy of enforced work socializing. Gratefully the CEO'll be there, so everyone'll be sucking up to him so I don't have to waste time thinking of small talk topics. Woo! :sweat:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

hm, realised I'm having a point of zoning out rather then being mentally stimulated. Or at least I'm re-reading the same paragraph multiple times with no clue as to what I've just read.

Methinks I shall drink some tea, and mayhap try picking up a fresh book or something to generally sprawl with for a short break.

I haven't been on in months but someone sent word to me about tarna and I thought I would respond. The problem is that I can't think of what I could say that doesn't cheapen how I feel. Please keep us posted, Fionavar. I don't know what good it does but I want to know. A lot of folks come in and out and leave and return from these boards but we don't usually know why and even less often is there something truly bad behind it. I'd like to think that tarna is just pulling our legs, but I don't think so. I've spent a lot of time in hospitals watching people suffer and it's a damned ugly business, but I've more often seen them recover than die and so I want to believe that tarna can get better. I have to believe that he can get better.

I still remember getting that phone call from metadigital in the wee hours of the morning. I didn't recognize the number and so I didn't answer. He left an embittered message and I haven't heard from him in years. I even had a friend in the Las Vegas metro ask a colleague in the FBI but it's no surprise that nothing came of it. I hope he's alright and just decided to start posting under a different name. I do that every now and then myself. ...Or at least I used to a couple of years ago.

Be well, everyone. No one else get cancer or into a car crash or disappear or any other terrible thing! God bless you guys.

EDIT: Oh, and what I did today was waste my time fretting over you guys like an emo school girl.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hai Eldar!

Anywho, I'm getting ready to leap into the shower to go to work.

Later we'll hear that Calax tragically slipped and died in it. This thread is bad news after all. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Does the bone trick work for you Raithe? We've found good for awhile then we have to make sure they do not try to swallow the bloody things! :p

Sometimes it does. The thing to be watchful of is when one of them finishes a bone before the other.. then they can get a wee bit playful trying to swipe the remaining bone back and forth.

Nah, just got to work and had my hours on the weekend slashed in half. I'm thinking next semester I'm gonna take out a loan if I get into the London class that I want.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I discovered today that one of my professors doesn't think that it's worth informing her students that she will be away for a week and so none of her classes will be running. I'd have been royally pissed off if I was one of the people that commutes two hours to school for classes.

...I was one of the people that commutes two hours to school for classes.

Please forgive me, but this made me laugh out loud. It sucks, I know. I get you, but it's still funny.

By the way, today I reflected that American Horror Story is a cheap, cliched show that falls so far behind Carnivale (thanks KQD for the suggestion) that it isn't even funny. I was so pissed off that I canceled my series recording of it. It's not like I have time for it these days anyhow.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Slept phenomenally well. Woke up with a bunch of solved problems, from the practical to the philosophical sitting in my mental 'in' tray. From "You should spend the money and fix that window" to "If you consider the change in behaviour it's pretty clear that God actually WAS Jesus, and his subsequent buggering off from world affairs makes perfectly good sense if you understand his life was a message about the futility of even absolute power."

Go to bed hungry, it seems. :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues