What you did today

Tale

Stupid old houses and their crappy weak-sauce plumbing. And whoever put in the pipe under the sink didn't use any sealant type stuff (whatever they call it) on the plastic to metal joints/threads. Rust ahoy & *snap*. New plastic pipe joints needed. Hehehe

At least the laundry sink drain doesn't affect the kitchen/bathroom this time.

...cooking up some beef/cabbage/rice stir fry and then time to watch the undead.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I started a new writing project today. I was so in to it I did not even realize what time it was until the first round of NFL games was almost over. Now I'm sitting down with a big glass of grapefruit juce (Kurt Vonnegut did this) and I'm diving back in. Hopefully I'll have a rough outline tonight.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The world is soon going to come to an end. The Kiwis made it to the World Cup finals :(

Yeah, managed to watch second half of the game. Go the All Blacks! >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The world is soon going to come to an end. The Kiwis made it to the World Cup finals :(

Yeah, managed to watch second half of the game. Go the All Blacks! >_<

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the All Blacks in the World Cup Final a little like the Yankees in the World Series, it's sort of where everyone expects them to be?

I love the Maori war dance they do before every match. Very cool.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, managed to watch second half of the game. Go the All Blacks! >_

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the All Blacks in the World Cup Final a little like the Yankees in the World Series, it's sort of where everyone expects them to be?

The All Blacks have a troubled history with World Cups. The Kiwis live and breathe rugby like it's a religion and the AB's usually steamroll any and all oppostion in most tournatments (the Tri-Nations etc.) and international test matches, but every time they come to the play offs (which is once every four years, like the soccer WC and the Olympics), they fail miserably and make for funny headlines :)

Like some kind of ancient Maori curse. They always do well except when it really counts >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

eh i'm kinda surprised

never really bother with rugby nowadays, but i'm used to the All Blacks getting their butts kicked in every major competition :lol:

i miss the days of players like Buck Shelford - the guys who would keep playing with broken ribs and a concussion

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The world is soon going to come to an end. The Kiwis made it to the World Cup finals :lol:

Yeah, managed to watch second half of the game. Go the All Blacks! :)

Speaking of rude gestures and angry faces, how come the Yankees don't do this before matches?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The world is soon going to come to an end. The Kiwis made it to the World Cup finals :lol:

Speaking of rude gestures and angry faces, how come the Yankees don't do this before matches?

They don't need to, there are enough "rude gestures" coming from the fans in the stands. :)

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

They don't need to, there are enough "rude gestures" coming from the fans in the stands. :)

:)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bad day with my back. :( Am listening to 1940s music which is surprisingly analgesic. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

Brilliantly posted that Muslamic Ray Gun thing from Nightshape's signature on my FB, now I have some friend arguing with me on how Islam is really trying to take over the UK, is a religion of death and violence, and the EDL's methodology is perhaps flawed.

Sadly that's the high point of my day. Damn Mondays :(

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Brilliantly posted that Muslamic Ray Gun thing from Nightshape's signature on my FB, now I have some friend arguing with me on how Islam is really trying to take over the UK, is a religion of death and violence, and the EDL's methodology is perhaps flawed.

Sadly that's the high point of my day. Damn Mondays :lol:

It really is damned catchy, isn't it? I keep wanting to buy it, but don't know any way to do so.

The EDL are an interesting bunch. Bonkers, but interesting. The irony is that by attacking Muslims they are helping cement AlQ propaganda. AlQ would dearly love for everyone to think all Muslims are evil, because then all Muslims would have little choice but to get behind AlQ's take-over-the-world-or-die agenda.

Anyway, not the place for that discussion. :(

-Elwood Blues

Hm, not sure about interesting but am removed from them. Seem mostly like footie hooligans playing at activism to me, maybe their leaders are smarter or something. Reading their site it all sounds pretty nice though, fight extremism, work with Muslims, etc., :(

Hm...probably shouldn't do EDL research at work.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The EDL's all a bit like trying to solve sexual discrimination in the workplace by setting fire to trees. I'm all "Oh good. Waitaminute..."

-Elwood Blues

Another tarna update. If you want me to send him any personal email, please send it to me via PM and I will share it with him.

Was supposed to have surgury yesterday at 10:00 AM. Last minute change the docs decided that maybe it wasn't needed as the abdominal leaks were sealing up on their own. Hopefully that's true and good. However since I was placed on a 'Nothing By Mouth' diet due to the pending surgury I've had nothing to eat since Sunday. The staff here has called the docs to correct this but at this time ( 1:00 AM Tuesday ) no response has been received yet. The IV feeding I'm getting is not enough to prevent my body from starting to eat it's own muscle mass soon as I have lost so much weight. A cheeseburger never sound so good :wink:

Later. tarna

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thanks for keeping us updated, Fionavar. Glad there's some seemingly good news in there.

Edit: side note - hubs and I seem to have a new fave topic of late night discussion...the Big Brother tech subject. lol

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had the puppy pounce on me as a wake up call. That whine and paw poking at you isn't the best way to stir. That combined with a slow, grindy headache hasn't had me feel totally clear but tis being one of those sunny autumn days.

Still trying to learn the new drugs for mom. Post surgery there's about 20 new pills to be organised for her day, so that's added fun to the morning start. "is that 3 aziothiopran for breakfast or lunch? where's the diclofenac and the clorofetamine...." There are way too many syllables in way too many packets to get to grips with when you're not thinking clearly.

Hm, and the puppy is definitely having the devil in him on this morning. Thunderpaws running back and forth and visiting destruction on various paper/cardboard things he snares.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've been on nil by mouth. The first thing you eat when you come off it tastes 100 times better than it has any right to. Please convey this to tarna along with my instructions to have a good fillet steak and a good Argentine red.

-Elwood Blues

Meh, sounds like I won't be getting that job. They were absolutely ecstatic at the interview, but as usual, someone "safer" has applied - this time apparently after the deadline. :shifty:

Kind of story of my life, both with women and employment - in the end, they always go for the safer, less innovative option. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still trying to learn the new drugs for mom. Post surgery there's about 20 new pills to be organised for her day, so that's added fun to the morning start. "is that 3 aziothiopran for breakfast or lunch? where's the diclofenac and the clorofetamine...." There are way too many syllables in way too many packets to get to grips with when you're not thinking clearly.

You should get one of these:

stock-photo-daily-pill-box-with-medications-and-nutritional-supplements-48527005.jpg

You should get one of these:

stock-photo-daily-pill-box-with-medications-and-nutritional-supplements-48527005.jpg

Yeah, got one. Trouble is the drugs wont fit in those compartments. Breakfast has about 12, lunch has about another 5, and supper/bedtime has another dozen roundabouts. Pills of allll sizes and shapes.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Have a work social thing to go to, bleh, better plan on how much time to spend there.

Yeah, got one. Trouble is the drugs wont fit in those compartments. Breakfast has about 12, lunch has about another 5, and supper/bedtime has another dozen roundabouts. Pills of allll sizes and shapes.

:shifty: Yowza.

Just ordered brake pads and rotors for my car. Guess I know what Ill be doing this weekend.