What you did today

Tale

End of old thread

Hi everyone,

I had another message from tarna. He is out of hospitable after this recent surgery. We have not connected in-person yet, so I can say he is home, but nothing more yet.

Best of wishes to him.

In my personal news, I'm putting out applications today. Since I may be out of a job next week.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hi everyone,

I had another message from tarna. He is out of hospitable after this recent surgery. We have not connected in-person yet, so I can say he is home, but nothing more yet.

I was wondering about him the other day, good to know he's out.

Hope tarna is doing well.

-------------

The good thing about having a spouse who's an electrician/techy: he can bring home outdated or non-working stuff that people give up on/don't want and fix them almost good as new. Free stuff! (LCD monitors, iPods, pc's, appliances, you name it)

The bad thing about having a spouse who's an electrician/techy: he brings home too much broken stuff that sits around for months/never gets around to. :lol:

Only three years and already can't reach the ceiling hole to get into the attic crawl space because that closet is crammed full of....parts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just finished talking to tarna. He is again in hospital :lol: Planning on more surgery and he is going to try to send me an email to share with you all more fully, as he does not have internet access to the Boards in the hospital. Please keep him in your thoughts & intention.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I just finished talking to tarna. He is again in hospital :lol:

:( Will definitely be thinking of him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just finished talking to tarna. He is again in hospital :( Planning on more surgery and he is going to try to send me an email to share with you all more fully, as he does not have internet access to the Boards in the hospital. Please keep him in your thoughts & intention.

****, is it serious or just post op recovery?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

@Orogun01: It is verging on serious. Some things need to fall into place pronto and happen. The moment I get his email with a more thorough update from tarna, I will post right away!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Good evening everyone,

tarna sent me the following. I will continue to update as he shares:

Okay, Here's a somewhat complete description of what has been going on since my first surgury. Recovery was probably the most painfull event that I've even had to endure for more than 5 minutes or so ( ei - smacking your finger with a hammer ). During this time I came up with a phrase...No matter how much you hurt, you can always hurt a lillte more.

Surgury was on Fri the 2nd ( I think ) and I was released to go home the following Friday. The doctors removed my left kidney ( with a softball sized canver mass on it, a section of my intestine that the kidney mass had decided to start eating and 4 other free floating masses between robin egg and chicken egg in size. I last around 10-12 kilos. Stayed home for three weeks before returning to work under limited duty. On Friday the 7th of this month I was unable to complete my morning shower because of fainting ( blood pressure drops ). Went to my cancer doctor's office where thet determined that I had a moderate fever, dehydrated and a fair infection that needed addressed. Was immediatly admitted to another hosptial. They found via CAT scan that I had an absess on the intestinal suture. I've been on drains, IV antibiotics, IV food et cet since then while they screw around about what to do. During this time I cannot take my chemo meds and now have at least 9 new cancer nodules on my liver. Cooooool! Looking at surgury as soon as they can put together a team to do so. Hopefully this Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway...that's it for now. I cannot view the board because of the hospital filters on their computer. I can use e-mail but not view a gaming board. Go Figure.

Hope all is well with the rest of you and will I communicate as able.

Take care. tarna

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

We could ping him the 'best of' in the forum. But I honestly wouldn't know what to put in!

Anyway, obviously thinking of him. Main thing seems to be his depressed immune system. Try to get his morale up.

Thought: he could set us challenges. Whatever he likes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have trouble finding the right words to say over Tarna. I wish there is something more we could do for him.

What the heck kind of filter targets Obsidian Entertainment? He is already going through hell, the least they could do is give him free reign of the internet.

Nobody deserves what he is going through. Especially Tarna. I know we're all praying for/thinking of him.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well that doesn't sound too promising for tarna. Wish him good luck.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What the heck kind of filter targets Obsidian Entertainment? He is already going through hell, the least they could do is give him free reign of the internet.

One that targets all gaming websites. I bet it blocks all the fun parts of the internet. :(

Can we set up some sort of mirror?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not cool to have all this bad stuff go down. :(

Meanwhile, I've handed in my dissertation for the preliminary evaluation, spent a couple of days abroad checking out the latest literature, now taking 2 weeks off before I do my final management & leadership studies exam, integrate my newest findings into the manuscript and hopefully get ready to move to a new job.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Revised my resume. Hopefully it no longer looks like it was written by a High Schooler.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Revised my resume. Hopefully it no longer looks like it was written by a High Schooler.

I need to do that, then I get depressed at how little I know. But need to do that. Today I went to three grocery stores, kind of funny to encounter different people, Yuppies at Whole Foods, Loblaws with average folk and seedy people at No Frills.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been working on my own over the past week or so as well as part of an assignment for my recruitment and selection class. Completely different format than what I'm used to which is impossible to keep to one page. :(