What are you playing now?

Gorth

Did Deus Ex on the "highest" difficulty. Which called for a bit more preparation for the boss fights, but managed to get "pacifist" and "foxiest of hounds" on the same go, so quite happy. Probably going to be my first platinum trophy. Too bad it's 2 am.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So when y'all say "Deus Ex" I'm assuming it's the Human Revolution one...

...and I'm not playing anything at the moment. Two Worlds2 was boring/irritating me too much and nothing else on my immediate game agenda. Still lookin' tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fridge logic for Arkham City

He carries Joker's body out, but leaves Talia's body behind. Great priorities there, Bats.

Unless he expects her guard to put her in a Lazarus pit.

Got a round of Exterminatus in. Did better than the rest of my team despite having to go AFK during the last round. Came back and outlived them all and got the most kills.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just finished setting myself up in Klamath, I've paid Sulik's debt and now we're off to snort the ashes of humanity :)

This is my second run of Fallout 2, I do enjoy the first game but I find the atmosphere a bit heavy, overall I prefer the more upbeat insanity of humanity rebuilding itself.

I just finished setting myself up in Klamath, I've paid Sulik's debt and now we're off to snort the ashes of humanity :)

This is my second run of Fallout 2, I do enjoy the first game but I find the atmosphere a bit heavy, overall I prefer the more upbeat insanity of humanity rebuilding itself.

It's not that Fallout 1 didn't have humour, it was just less slapstick and less in your face. I still remember wanting to punch a BoS paladin or two when they sent me to The Glow :)

Never mind that The Glow was one of my favourite places in FO1. Mostly it was the absurdity of a lot of the situations and quests that made you smile though, not the stand up comedian with a laugh track kind of funny like much of FO2. I still finished FO2 way more times than FO1, just for different reasons, not because of the 'humour' of FO2 :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's not that Fallout 1 didn't have humour, it was just less slapstick and less in your face. I still remember wanting to punch a BoS paladin or two when they sent me to The Glow :)

Never mind that The Glow was one of my favourite places in FO1. Mostly it was the absurdity of a lot of the situations and quests that made you smile though, not the stand up comedian with a laugh track kind of funny like much of FO2. I still finished FO2 way more times than FO1, just for different reasons, not because of the 'humour' of FO2 :)

Yeah FO1 definitely isn't humourless, I just prefer the over the topness of FO2, that and the sheer amount of stuff to do :)

Yeah FO1 definitely isn't humourless, I just prefer the over the topness of FO2, that and the sheer amount of stuff to do :)

Not a fan of the over the topness (Knights of the holy grail, crashed Star Trek shuttle etc.), but I loved the sheer amount of stuff to do thing. I suppose I always loved games with a lot of stuff to do. Probably why I keep going back to the "oldies" :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not a fan of the over the topness (Knights of the holy grail, crashed Star Trek shuttle etc.), but I loved the sheer amount of stuff to do thing. I suppose I always loved games with a lot of stuff to do. Probably why I keep going back to the "oldies" :)

Yeah, FO2 had a lot of inside jokes and easter eggs. I enjoyed them well enough, but it was the sheer amount of stuff that I liked the best. It had a ton of content and way more freedom than the average game at that time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So when y'all say "Deus Ex" I'm assuming it's the Human Revolution one...

...and I'm not playing anything at the moment. Two Worlds2 was boring/irritating me too much and nothing else on my immediate game agenda. Still lookin' tho...

Yes, even if I keep the original always installed on every machine I own, I was referring to the new version. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't played anything really since I finished the Missing Link. A bit of dabbling off and on with Universe Sandbox... dang it, I can't create a proper binary star system.

I think I'm pretty much in "pause" mode for gaming untill Saint's Row is out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I know multiplay is this game type's main selling point but with a few exceptions I've never been too interested in fps multiplayer. I'd always prefer rpg games in that regard but even nowadays I can't be bothered with that. Too little time/lack of interest.

What you don't like grinding for unlocks ? >_<

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Battlefield games have always really been about large conquest maps where you fight a nice big group with helicopters & jets buzzing by overhead while trying to not get bombed by tanks. BF3 does that very well.

I miss zip lines though.

I miss Titans. And suiciding C4 packed jeeps into walkers and APCs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finally got around to M&B:Warband. Based on experience w/the 1st game, I thought my horse & lance would be enough to take on 11 bandits solo at lvl1, for some exp. & loot to hire some Heroes. Then I realized the lance was refusing to couch for some reason and by the time I'd adjusted my thinking, I was dead (well, unconscious at least). >_< They must've changed speed or weapon requirement or something for the lance to couch, I guess.

The next group of looters, however, felt my wrath and were all beaten unconscious, taken prisoner and sold.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i've decided that instead of just flat out ignorning BF3 because of origin, i'm just going to wait for it to cost $20 before picking it up. so... black friday?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i've decided that instead of just flat out ignorning BF3 because of origin, i'm just going to wait for it to cost $20 before picking it up. so... black friday?

That's pretty unlikely.

You know that BF3 doesn't actually use Origin, right? It just acts as an activation portal, similar to the way Steam does. The game is handled through your browser, which after a bit of time has turned out to be pretty awesome.